03-23-2006, 05:13 AM
Nice. .....................

Sekabin
03-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Sweet. He was mean.

Why do these highlight vids nearly always have rock music on? :confused:

Mr Punch
03-23-2006, 07:52 AM
If I'm not mistaken that first one was Japanese.

Quite liked it.

David Jamieson
03-23-2006, 07:56 AM
Sweet. He was mean.

Why do these highlight vids nearly always have rock music on? :confused:

Probably because Ein Klien Naccht Musik doesn't have the right rythym or spirit for fighting videos, ergo, it must rock. It's an unwritten rule. soft music id for tampon commercials. pop music is for barbie commercials, punk rock is for dissaffected youth with a goth complex and rock, hard rock and rage rock are suitable for fight videos be they pro or bum.

I hope this helps in your understanding of the musicology associated with viewing film or animated material.

Mr Punch
03-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Nyah, it's because Americans think rock is hard, whereas us English know it's for posers and hairbags who even the goths beat up. And because American punk has sucked since DKs and Jello's other projects folded.

I take a leaf out of Clockwork Orange. If you can fight to Beethoven you can kick ass to anything! ;)

Ray Pina
03-23-2006, 08:40 AM
Yeeeaaa boy!

I love that Tyson was no nonsense. Nothing but power punches.

Good on ya for the footage SevenStar, and for the boxing flavor the past week or so.

metsubushi
03-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Early Mike Tyson was the definition of efficiency. His head movement was superb and he had such a great uppercut. It's amazing how explosive he was. My jaw will drop when I see someone exploding like that in a Martial Arts competition. Great videos. Watching him knock people out with his lead hand is a thing of beauty. I like the part in the first one where he squats way down to the guys knees and starts moving from side to side haha.

SevenStar
03-23-2006, 10:57 AM
It's amazing how explosive he was.

definitely.

My jaw will drop when I see someone exploding like that in a Martial Arts competition.

what about vanderlei, belfort, liddell or rampage?

SevenStar
03-23-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeeeaaa boy!

I love that Tyson was no nonsense. Nothing but power punches.

Good on ya for the footage SevenStar, and for the boxing flavor the past week or so.

I've been thinking a lot about competing in it, recently. they have fights here the first tuesday of every month and now that we are becoming more established as a boxing city, espn2 holds some of its "friday night fights" events here. while I was workin one night, a guy wandered into the club that is a local rep for that event. he gave me his number and wants to talk. I'm thinking about doing some of the lower level tuesday fights then trying to get on an espn2 undercard.

rubthebuddha
03-23-2006, 11:30 AM
sweet stuff sev.

i gotta say, i think i saw tyson's elbows go behind his shoulder once. he never seemed to overswing, because he has so much power in his body. his arms barely move, yet his punches have so much poop to their stuff.

*breaks out notepad*

metsubushi
03-23-2006, 11:32 AM
what about vanderlei, belfort, liddell or rampage?

They're all top fighters, and I appreciate other qualities they have, but as far as sheer explosive crisp attacks, no way. Tyson's hands had this loose measured quality about them. It's like they'd explode out of complete stillness(Early Tyson). MMA hands are often full of tension from initiation to impact. Especially Rampage and Liddell, their hands seem rushed and urgent. When they fought they were swinging all over the place.

Ray Pina
03-23-2006, 11:59 AM
I've been thinking a lot about competing in it, recently. they have fights here the first tuesday of every month and now that we are becoming more established as a boxing city, espn2 holds some of its "friday night fights" events here. while I was workin one night, a guy wandered into the club that is a local rep for that event. he gave me his number and wants to talk. I'm thinking about doing some of the lower level tuesday fights then trying to get on an espn2 undercard.

Yea, that shouldn't make you too tough, too good:rolleyes: ..... you're nuts .... but good luck.

SevenStar
03-23-2006, 12:54 PM
sweet stuff sev.

i gotta say, i think i saw tyson's elbows go behind his shoulder once. he never seemed to overswing, because he has so much power in his body. his arms barely move, yet his punches have so much poop to their stuff.

*breaks out notepad*

yeah, his left hook and overhand right are awesome.

SevenStar
03-23-2006, 12:57 PM
Yea, that shouldn't make you too tough, too good:rolleyes: ..... you're nuts .... but good luck.

it's mainly an experience thing, because I've never competed in boxing before. These fights are pro level (even the tuesday ones) so there would be no headgear and it would be 10-12 rounds, not just 3.

Pork Chop
03-28-2006, 03:12 PM
man, back when tyson had some explosiveness; before he thought he was foreman....

i would think they'd start you off with 6 and 8 rounders instead of throwing u to 10 and 12.

just got my internet in fort worth btw. still ahven't made it to any gyms, but i don't have any of my household goods either.

David Jamieson
03-28-2006, 09:15 PM
Nyah, it's because Americans think rock is hard, whereas us English know it's for posers and hairbags who even the goths beat up. And because American punk has sucked since DKs and Jello's other projects folded.

I take a leaf out of Clockwork Orange. If you can fight to Beethoven you can kick ass to anything! ;)

yeah but that was a synthesized and rocked up version of the 9th.

albeit beethoven. :p

FatherDog
03-29-2006, 09:27 AM
Fight highlights don't /have/ to be set to rock, but they need to be set to something with a relatively fast backbeat.

SevenStar
03-29-2006, 10:06 AM
man, back when tyson had some explosiveness; before he thought he was foreman....

i would think they'd start you off with 6 and 8 rounders instead of throwing u to 10 and 12.

just got my internet in fort worth btw. still ahven't made it to any gyms, but i don't have any of my household goods either.

yeah, that's what I would hope for. I'll find out soon enough. How's fort worth so far?

jethro
03-29-2006, 12:37 PM
So not just a boxing match, but in a street fight, do you think anyone in the world could stand toe to toe with tyson and have a chance when he was around 20 years old or so?

Sorry I can't listen to the sound on this.

Pork Chop
03-29-2006, 11:30 PM
lovin it.

real laid back and real cheap.
got lots of friends in the general area and even people you see around at stores & stuff are way more polite.

Training wise, it's a little bit of a different story.

the boxing gym near me is only open from 4 till 8 and charge like 60 a month. it's the only one i've actually been able to find so far. a promoter from mma.tv who lives in Fort Worth gave me a bunch of leads on gyms, like Paulie Ayala's trainer; but I haven't really tracked them down. There's a muay thai & combatives gym just on the other side of downtown (like 25 min away) but we couldn't find it. Travis Lutter's gym is aaallllll the way cross town in the one high traffic spot in fort worth.
So i'm not sure what I'm gonna do yet for training, maybe just hit the place by my house.

On the other hand, the lockheed martin recreational facility is ridiculous- 1.5 miles from my apartment, about 13 bux a month, and super nice facilities. They even have a VERSA CLIMBER!!!!!!

Also, my apartment is located half a mile from an awesome jogging trail that goes all the way to downtown fortworth, along a small river. I've hit it up once so far, but have had a good numer of distractions. Going to make a more serious attempt to make it there after I get my dog.

My stuff finally came today and unpacking has been exhausting. Supposed to drive 5 hours to go pick up my dog tomorrow but my apartment's not really ready for him yet.

Big MMA show May 5th and Saekson Janjira's having a megaseminar on the 6th. Dunno if I'll be able to hit both but it'd be nice- nicer if i was in shape hehe.

Speaking of in shape, i heard james toney's fight blew- wussup with that?

Hope your fight goes well and really hope the promoter's not just lookin for a body. Boxing promoters tend to be the most scandalous of all; and I've seen some bad promoters.