Weapons
Special Weapons
Chi Sau
Internal Forms
Continuous Sparring
Two-Man Sets

More Soon!

Other Information:
This tournament is sanctioned by the newly formed Chinese & Foreign Jow Ga (Chau Ka) Martial Arts Federation LTD. , Headquarters Hong Kong China.

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Email - 5TigersTournament@jowtigers.com
410-992-6673

SIFUS OR INSTRUCTORS interested in judging, please contact
Derek Johnson:
Email - Jowga1@verizon.net or
410-992-6673

GreenCloudCLF
03-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Are there going to be fire-breathing dragons this year??? I saw the pics and they were cool!!!

Jun Fan
03-27-2006, 06:23 AM
Hey, I think you know my Shifu, Sean Marshall at Jing Ying. I'll probably see you at the tournament. I don't know if I'll compete in anything, but I'll most likely be there anyway.

Tai-Lik
03-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Green cloud CLF:
although everything went well, i think the college would prefer no fire this year:) we are working on something that may require the assistance of the local fire department though.

Jun Fan:
yes sir, your Sifu and i go way back to the NACMAF. As a matter of fact i just talked to him a few days ago. he's one of the best Northern Sifus out there.

regards
Tai Lik

Jun Fan
03-27-2006, 12:56 PM
he's one of the best Northern Sifus out there.

I'm pretty happy with him.:)

Lama Pai Sifu
03-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Sifu Sean Marshall is a good guy.

Jun Fan
03-27-2006, 01:21 PM

You know him too? Cool!

Green Cloud
03-29-2006, 05:29 PM
greetings Sifu Tai Lik, We are looking foward to attending this year,last years tourney was great. see you there. Sifu Kaparos

Lama Pai Sifu
03-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Jun Fan,

Yes, I know your Sifu. We both used to compete together (different divisions, North/South) back in the days of NACMAF.

Check this out!

Left to Right: Sifu David Ross, Sifu Sean Marshall, Sifu Michael Parrella (me), Grandmaster Chan Tai-San.

This was in the tea gardens in San Fransisco, in 1990 I believe.

Tell your Sifu that I said, "Hi" and I restored the pics he sent me awhile ago. I will send them back to him..minus all the scratches and stuff.

Jun Fan
03-30-2006, 05:36 AM
Jun Fan,

Yes, I know your Sifu. We both used to compete together (different divisions, North/South) back in the days of NACMAF.

Check this out!

Left to Right: Sifu David Ross, Sifu Sean Marshall, Sifu Michael Parrella (me), Grandmaster Chan Tai-San.

Tell your Sifu that I said, "Hi" and I restored the pics he sent me awhile ago. I will send them back to him..minus all the scratches and stuff.

Very cool! He'll love to see this I'm sure. I'll be sure to tell him you said "Hi".

That pic is from before he grew the dreads. :)

Tai-Lik
03-30-2006, 06:57 AM
greetings Sifu Tai Lik, We are looking foward to attending this year,last years tourney was great. see you there. Sifu Kaparos

Sifu Kaparos, your advice and support are sincerely appreciated. I hope to talk to you this week.

Tai lik

Lama Pai Sifu
03-30-2006, 06:13 PM
Sifu Tai-Lik,

I would like to attend your tournament with my schools. Can you send me out an info packet? Do you have any posters promoting the event? We have about 40-50 students that I know of who are planning on attending, and we're preparing a small team (15 people or so) for the competition. I've heard nothing but great stuff regarding your tourny, and I look forward to being a part of it.

Jun Fan
03-31-2006, 05:28 AM
Jun Fan,

Check this out!

Shifu Marshall says "Hi" back. :)

He was very excited to see that picture. He started telling stories about competing "back in the day". He also talked a lot about your Master. Sounds like he was a very interesting guy.

Tai-Lik
03-31-2006, 06:16 AM
Sifu Tai-Lik,

I would like to attend your tournament with my schools. Can you send me out an info packet? Do you have any posters promoting the event? We have about 40-50 students that I know of who are planning on attending, and we're preparing a small team (15 people or so) for the competition. I've heard nothing but great stuff regarding your tourny, and I look forward to being a part of it.

Hey Sifu Parella

Thank you sir. we definitely appreciate your support. I will certainly have a packet sent to your school.

i just got off the phone with Sifu Deric Mims and he says to say hello to you, Gus, Steve, and David. He'll be a the tourny as well.

regards
Tai Lik

Tai-Lik
03-31-2006, 11:28 AM
Tournament Schedule

8am Registration Opens
8:30 Tai Chi (Empty Hand, Weapons & Push Hands)
9:00 Judges Meeting for Sparring
9:45 Registration Closes
10:00 Opening Ceremony Begins
10:30 Sparring Begins
TBA - Forms, Weapons, Chi Sao, Special Divisions

Tai-Lik
05-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Greetings!

June 10th is rapidly approaching and its a good time to book your hotel now!
The Jow Ga Kung Fu Athletic Association has arranged for the Sheraton Hotel
of Columbia, Maryland to supply discounted hotel rates to attendees of the 5
Tigers Tournament.

We look forward to seeing you at this years tournament!

Sheraton Columbia
10207 Wincopin Circle
Columbia, Maryland 21044

410-730-3900

Ask for the "Five Tigers" rate
$109/Night (Double,Triple or Quad)

Rates Available June 9 and 10th.
Must Reserve by May 26th.

Pork Chop
05-02-2006, 06:18 AM

Think I was a bit hard on Sifu Sean on here before (year or 2 ago), was a bit quick to criticize when I thought my friend's sifu was getting bashed. Just wanna take the opportunity to say that he's a good guy and sifu.

Hope the tourney goes well this year Tai Lik; last year looks like it was a ton of fun!

Tai-Lik
05-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks Pork Chop!