PDA

View Full Version : s kung fu manuscripts ?

golden arhat
03-29-2006, 06:26 AM
Does anyone know where i can download manuscripts on southern kung fu for free :)

GreenCloudCLF
03-29-2006, 08:27 AM
You get what you pay for....try a Lacey site...

gwa sow
03-29-2006, 09:42 AM
now now lets be nice. i wouldn't send my worst enemy to lacey(the iron palm guy)
if you look around the lam sai wing hung gar e-books can be found for free. there are others. go to www.kungfu-torrents.com and check it out

golden arhat
04-04-2006, 01:15 AM
thanks alot i am new to this site (not kung fu) i wondered if i would actually get any replies so thanks

golden arhat
04-04-2006, 01:57 AM
i was looking for boooks for free like lam sai wing's without having to pay and go to some where like kungfulibrary.com or the whirling staff of choi li fut any thing along these lines would be appreciated greatly:D

Mantis Fist
04-14-2006, 12:45 AM
i ahve also been looking for some free e books but not much around, i ended up purchasing some books for about 10 dollars, some good reading

http://www.karate-mart.com/kunfuanstyl.html

3 Rotor
04-14-2006, 12:52 AM
....... go to www.kungfu-torrents.com and check it out

WTF? Chinese Wealth secrets and Kung-fu swatstikas. This is the craziest link I 've seen in a long time.

Faruq
10-06-2006, 02:32 PM
The swastikas thing is freaky. A lot of people are surprised to see them on Shaolin monks' bags, temple walls and grounds in movies like "18 Shaolin Bronzemen". I happen to find the freakiest question, why did Adolf Hitler choose to use a symbol of a people of India for his movement, when Nazis hate Indians and everything about them?

hskwarrior
10-06-2006, 02:39 PM
actually the swastika or whatever its called is not a white power thing, its actually also part of the original african cross or somesorts, and in chinese it is some buddhist symbol.

even some of the sets of CLF we have are patterned after the swas......yeah, that's how you say it.....

NiHui
10-06-2006, 10:42 PM
If you take a good look at the nazi swastika and to the what looks like it
in Buddhism,they are not equal.
The Buddhism symbol is oriented differently though both look alike.
Also it is made of horizontal and vertical lines,whereas the nazi one is
positioned at 45 degrees.
What you call shaolin" swastika" is the Buddhist symbol of the wheel of life
and the four squares it makes are the Four Noble Truths,the core of Buddha's
teachings.
The Aryan group comprises the Indo-Persian languages and its ethnic groups;
Hitler had knowledge of mythology and ancient history.He didn't need to love
the present population of India.It is well documented that in secret rituals
of the SS they invoked not only Norse gods,but an array of of deities.
The German Reich adopted the swastika well after the SS had done so.It was
a symbol strange to Europe,brought straight from Buddhist monks by Himmler
the chief of the SS,and adapted in its logo to make it different.

The Xia
10-06-2006, 10:50 PM
You get what you pay for
This is something that doesn't apply to martial arts. The most craptastic of schools often make you sign crazy contracts and demand ridiculous fees while some of the best sifus charge amounts that only a complete pauper would consider to be expensive.

Faruq
10-07-2006, 04:01 PM
Buddhism came to China from India, I guess the swastika came with it, hunh? And what about the White Power guys calling themselves Aryans like the Indians?

actually the swastika or whatever its called is not a white power thing, its actually also part of the original african cross or somesorts, and in chinese it is some buddhist symbol.

even some of the sets of CLF we have are patterned after the swas......yeah, that's how you say it.....

mok
10-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know where i can download manuscripts on southern kung fu for free :)

golden arhat:

Man...

1st off, why don't you just shell-out the $$$? In the right context, these books are pretty useful (especially to someone who doesn't read chinese) and someone went through alot of trouble to make these translations.

That being said (and speaking for the LSW manuals only), they're going to be relatively useless to someone who doesn't already have Hands-on knowledge in Hung Kuen. They're only a reference that can give insight to someone who already has context, but to someone who doesn't know what Hung Kuen looks like, you'd be better off shelling out for a video.

Lastly, even videos are pretty good to give you an idea (I'm assuming that's the intent), but if you really want to swicth to a southern fist style, look for a school.

mok