PDA

View Full Version : The Empty Force??

gazza99
04-22-2001, 09:14 AM
Has anyone seen/felt the empty force? I have heard of it, and spoken to a very nice fellow Richard Mooney who claims to know it, he is a few hours a way and has invited me to come train! So I will not form any opinion until I have felt it for myself. However I did find some good info on it, after Jane Hallenders quote there is a part of an experiement that some doctors did with someone claiming to know the empty force...It doesnt look good for the empty force at all....

The following is from Jane Hallander-
"Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying Kong Jing doesn't exist. It does, but the only people who respond to it are those who have built up the qi reserves through diligent standing meditation and special qi gong exercises. Therefore, it's of no use for self defense. I'm not going to describe those special qi gong exercises, because there will be some who, upon reading this, will tell their followers that they are -- incorrectly. If you want to know what they are, contact me and I'll gladly describe them.
I was a student of professor Peng Si Yu, starting in 1981, until his death in 1983. I then continued with his wife Min....."

The following is an excert from an expeirement in which someone claimed to know the empty force, Some doctors tested him with 16 subjects.

-"The Claim: On one of the forums of a very popular marital arts web page, www.uechi-ryu.com (http://www.uechi-ryu.com), an individual claimed he could perform rather extraordinary feats which include the ability to move others without touching them. Chi, also spelled "Qi" or "Ki," has become a popular concept in martial arts circles in recent years.

The results did not require analysis. Only two subjects, one whom the individual personally knew and who assists him during demonstrations, moved to any appreciable degree and another who strongly supports the existence of chi and participated in demonstrations. The first moved in the wrong direction, while the second, first moved in the wrong direction then the correct direction. What the subjects reported they felt had happened to them during the test did not correlate in any manner to what the individual intended. "
-the above was taken from this page http://www.uechi-ryu.com/an_empty_force.htm
Kind regards,
Gary..

Sam Wiley
04-22-2001, 01:24 PM
If you can, get him to teach the qigongs he does to build the power. I'm interested in experimenting with this stuff. I mean seriously, dim-mak, qi disruption, lin kong jing...now if only I could learn to throw myself at the ground and miss! ;)

But seriously, go see this guy. He posted here once a few months back, if I remember right, and the stuff was interesting.

"I put forth my power and he was broken.
I withdrew my power and he was ground into fine dust."
-Aleister Crowley, The Vision and the Voice

Repulsive Monkey
04-22-2001, 02:46 PM
Empty force or Lin Kong jin, is a tricky area and is rarely experienced or seen in the world today. What was quoted by Jane Hallander I feel sums it up quite well. Having said that I have experienced being pushed over from a distance without physical contact, and although at the time became very overwhelmed by it, have later often wondered what exactly did happen!. If it were once common place aswell as the fact that there are supposedly a minority of people in the world today who can manifest it, I feel that Lin Kong Jin is not unbeleiable at all. There is no real logical reason why it can't be acheived/expressed ny an individual who has trained and studied the teachings from someone of repute. These things (like levitation aswell for example) obviously stimulate discussion where experience and sound use of reasoning often conflict each other (strongly sometimes). Experience here is obviously the key, yet one must realise that experience is only the most dense/gross level of illusration and that who determines what is genuine and what is untrue experiences. Here in this area we must be cautious not to allow the ego to sway us unnaturally either way in our beleifs in what we think is or is not possible.

YiLiChuan2
04-22-2001, 03:44 PM
I have experienced empty force through one of Sifu Mooneys' seminars. It was quite interesting. I believe it does offer some great medical benifits for external qi healing and other healing applications. But as far as martial application since it did not work on everyone leaves some question for me. Now I'm sure that it adds to your physical technique but I wouldn't depend on it all by its self. And even Sifu Mooney will tell you that. But I still remain skeptical about it but that's just me and I could be full of it too.

Daniel Madar
04-22-2001, 06:57 PM
I have experienced Ling Kong Jing with my own teacher very early on in my training before I developed much of an internal reserve or we could have "attuned" to one another.

That being said, in conversations with both her and her ex husband, they have said the majority of people who develop Ling Kong Jing can only use it under those circumstances.

cagey_vet
04-22-2001, 10:30 PM
Richard Mooney is visible on a few Egroups groups, where he espouses
various meditations and philosophies nicely bundled in seminar packages touted in the Egroups clubs. In face, ask a question, and be sure to have the response look like this: "Oh yes, I see what you mean. Check out our seminar where we cover that in detail!"
Theres an mpeg floating around that shows him using
Kong Jing on a group of students that were facing away from him.
Its hard to explain, but after a lapse of time, the students
that were lined up in a row, started to move sequentially...
now this isnt in itself the goofy part, because if Kong Jing were deployed in this instance
then you would expect a row of people to move I guess. But the goofy part... and this is real
hard to explain... is when the row of people faltered, Mr Mooney was motioning
in the opposite direction of the movement, and when he saw this inconsistency, he adjusted his
magic waving motion.
Seemed kind of silly to me. If someone had Kong Jing, why nickel and dime an audience
at seminars when you could make a big difference to the world on TV. I am posting this with a text browser, so the formatting be a little weird.

Chris McKinley
04-23-2001, 06:01 AM
Gary, you're just jealous. Just because you haven't graduated to lifting X-wing fighters out of swamps yet like the rest of us, don't whine. You'll get there soon enough. Besides, if you'd just show up to Jedi practice, you'd be there already.

Sam Wiley
04-23-2001, 01:35 PM
I knew someone was missing from our Jedi council meetings! ;)

"I put forth my power and he was broken.
I withdrew my power and he was ground into fine dust."
-Aleister Crowley, The Vision and the Voice