PDA

View Full Version : "David" Lin Controversy ended

silent assasin
03-31-2006, 09:31 PM
To whom it may concern:

Many on this forum and others have spoken a number of harsh words about Lin Chih Young "David" Lin and I would like to now respond as a rational and respectable individual who can honestly attest to the skill and superiority of the teachings of Grand Master Chih Young Lin.

While no man- (including any of the haters that have spoken out on this and other sites) is perfect, Grand Master Lin Chih Young has a Mastery over the deep and rarely taught Mysteries of the Chinese internal martial Arts. He teaches secrets that have been passed down directly from Masters Such as Sun Lu Tang , Chang Tung Sheng And many other of the finest MArtial artists of the past centuries.

Many of these haters that have come out against him are people who have been thrown out of his school because they were found to be morally corrupt, others are themselves instructors who want to besmerch the reputation of someone that they view as being a threat to their buisiness- and as a result (out of deep anymosity- some out of jealousy- all out of a lack of self respect for themselves and the Martial arts they claim to employ)- have decided they would run around like little girls gossiping and telling people that Master LIn Has no skill.
I tell you-
Do Not believe them.

These people seek to portray themselves as great by demeaning other people.
they would seek to victimise people they think they can portray as the weeker person
because deep down inside they feel insecure about themselves.
In Psycology this is called an Inferiority complex.

I can tell you they are fools who are putting themselves in a position where they can be sued for deffamation of charchter for publicly spreading falsehoods and and seeking to ruin the reputation of an innocent person.

I am a martial artist of many many years and more than training in the various schools, I have over 100 street fights under my belt.
I have seen many, many martial artists, studied under many teachers, studied the teachings of the great masters of the past and I can tell you out of first hand experience- Master Lins teachings are on par with the best.

If you are interested in the possibility of learning with Master Lin Do not be deterred by those who would seek to lead you astray out of their alterior motives.
Master Lin Is not perfect, But he is an incredible Master.

As to Whether or not Master LIn studied with Chang Tung Sheng, On one of the other posts, one of Master Fu Shu Yun's students stated that he heard master Fu with his own ears state that Master Lin was GM Chang's student.

Controversy ended.

If you don't like it, you can bite me.

David Jamieson
04-01-2006, 03:56 AM
never heard of the guy.

Dale Dugas
04-01-2006, 04:25 AM
A 100 street fights to my name. Shayahh, and monkies will fly out of my butt...

Nothing but a punk ass ***** who has to come here to rant about the little stick of a man who claims much and produces very little of the impressively skilled fighters he "claims" to have studied under.

Not going to bite you son, but I would love to see you put your money where you mouth is as you are talking out of your a s s.

shuaichiao
04-01-2006, 04:30 AM
Don't know the guy personaly but I saw him demonstrate at one of the early nacmaf masters demos (have it on tape somewhere I think)

Most embarassing shaui chiao demonstration ever!!!:D

TenTigers
04-01-2006, 06:31 AM
I cannot speak on Lin Chi-Young's shuai Jiao, as I have never seen it, but I have seen him demonstrate some excellent chin-na skills. He showed smooth , effortless movement, clean technique, and control, and was a pleasant,friendly, and polite person upon meeting him. I had the privledge of meeting and demonstrating with Sifu Lin and others, many years ago, at the first Chinese AAU tournament in NYC. His skill, demeanor, humility,and graciousness, to me are the signs of a quality Martial Artist.

silent assasin
04-01-2006, 08:31 AM
Ten Tigers put it most aptly. Dale Dugas is clearly one of those whom I mentioned who seeks to besmerch the reputation of a person he deems as being "weaker"
to make himself feel good about himself. This again is called an inferiority complex.
Obviously what I said struck a nerve. In terms of putting my money where my mouth is I think you know where you can find me-
but I can only say's that I'm not into competition sparring and such. If I'm attacked, you'll find out where my skills lie. If you doubt it then attack me and find out.

Master Lin does not practice "Shuai Chaio" as much as he practices the internal arts.

I know a good psycologist for you to see about that inferiority complex.

shuaichiao
04-01-2006, 08:54 AM
Master Lin does not practice "Shuai Chaio" as much as he practices the internal arts.

Don't the internal arts, especially tai chi and bagua, contain large amounts of shuai chiao technique and wouldn't somebody good at them be able to demonstrate the applications as well as the form?

lkfmdc
04-01-2006, 09:18 AM
I'll be blunt.... the NYC David Lin is a fraud, pure and simple

Chang Tung Sheng has a student named David Lin, it isn't the same guy. That David Lin runs the Combat Shuai Chiao group (youknowwho should be by now any time to confirm this all). THAT David Lin was one of the top fighters and is still a bad arse.... that's why if you ask some masters if they know "David Lin" they will say yes

NYC's David Lin for years tried to say he was the other David Lin. I caught him in the lie at one of Ty Nunez's events..... then the REAL David Lin called him up and said if he didn't stop there would be consequences....

The NYC David Lin, ie the FAKE David Lin, never studied with Chang. He studied with Jeng Hsin Ping and only for a very short time. Trust me, I know, because I was studying with Shihfu Jeng BEFOR the NYC David Lin.... technically, that would make me senior to the "master"

Demonstrating Chin Na on a student who doesn't resist doesn't take much skill. And in all other areas neither he nor his students demonstrate much skill

A number of years ago I put some students in a local Shuai Jiao event. I had a 187 lber who didn't fight in his class because he had a friend in that class. So he fought the heavyweights. My guy fought one of the NYC's David Lin students. At first, the NYC David Lin said my guy had to withdraw out of "respect for the highest ranking Shuai Jiao person in the US" :rolleyes:

Obviously, we told him "BS" and the match went on.... my guy finished the match in under a minute. NYC David Lin was supposed to hand out the trophies and shake hands and refused to give my guy his trophy or shake his hands.....

More recently, NYC David Lin sent students out to put flyers up. They are apparently retarded because they went to other schools and put flyers on people's doors. They did it to my school and I responded as was merited. In China, if you put your card on someon else's door it is a challenge.

I called up fake David Lin and told him if he ever pulled that crap again I'd personally show up and smack him in front of all his students. His only response was to tell me he was a "famous master" :rolleyes:

Them there is da facts, and if you don't like it, bite me

silent assasin
04-01-2006, 10:48 AM
To answer Shuai Chiao's question-
The internal arts are based upon shuai chiao but the approach is different- subsequently the application is different. In The video that was refferred to earlier, Master Lin did not want to open too many applications so he did a small ammount-
and he fell down once. Woops! nobodies perfect. It takes a really messed up person to hold that against him.

Now as to the charges levelled by IKFMDC-
I would first like to say thanks for being rather respectfull twords me by not trying to do what Dale Dugas did earlier and say things like I'm a punk, etc.
Keeping to the facts is a good thing.

Both Jeng Hsing Ping and Chan Tai San are/were great Masters and you should be very proud.

As to Master Lin using the name "David" I submit to you that that may not have been the best choice given the fact that there's another David Lin. I can't speak to whether or not it was purposefull and I was not present to see either you catch him out in a lie or your student beat his student. On that topic I can say that it is not the fault of the teacher if the student loses but the fault of the practitioner. As a teacher you know that many "students" do not truly apply themselves and ultimatly cannot defend themselves in actual hand to hand combat because of it.

If any students did put up flyers at your school, that was wrong and I would like to publicly submit an apology for that. You don't do that.
But that is not the fault of the teacher, but the fault of the student.
Whether you threatened Lin or not I similarly can't speak to as I was not there.

What I can say is that On the posting "Shuai Chiao Controversy continues"
Master Fu Shu Yun's student stated that Master Fu stated that Lin Chih Young was Master Chang's student. So he is senior to you.

This charechter assasination that is taking part in Shuai Chiao is destroying it's popularity and limiting it's growth. What rational person would want to enter such a beehive of power struggles? You are destroying the art you claim to love.

As a teacher, it's your responsability to not go around spreading gossip about other teachers. It's unprofessional and puts you into a postion where you can be sued for deffamation of charechter outright. As a Strategist, you are in not so good a position and you might want to rethink it. I don't think Lin would Sue, but the grounds are there. Just some friendly advice.

Bye!

rubthebuddha
04-01-2006, 01:36 PM
i figured this was directed at ross' group, but i wanted to wait to make sure.

this topic has been covered a million times already. if anyone has a problem with ross' group, the address and phone number of his gym are easily found. i think he even has a linky on his sigline.

lkfmdc
04-01-2006, 01:46 PM
LMFAO ROFL at the idea he'd ever want to try and make a court case..... furthermore, he really wouldn't want an irate person with skils showing up at his school....

Dale Dugas
04-01-2006, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=silent assasin]

Now as to the charges levelled by IKFMDC-
I would first like to say thanks for being rather respectfull twords me by not trying to do what Dale Dugas did earlier and say things like I'm a punk, etc.
Keeping to the facts is a good thing.QUOTE]

A no name, no address listing punk comes on to tell all of us here what is what.

I stand by what I posted, and stand to show you that you know NOTHING.

Your "master" has been called out, and all you can do is whine that I called you a punk a s s? You obviously have no skills what so ever.

My p e a c o c k feathers are very visible on my altar, how about yours?

I can easily come down to NYC and show you that your training has been for naught.

You up for a little gong sau, or are you going to keep ranting that your internal power is so great that you would melt my face off with your Qi blasts??

Dale Dugas
192 Holbrook Road
Apt. 2R
Quincy, MA
617-595-8097

P.S. Why not post who and where you are, child. Pretending to be a man is not the same as being one and representing.

FatherDog
04-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Master Lin did not want to open too many applications so he did a small ammount-
and he fell down once. Woops! nobodies perfect. It takes a really messed up person to hold that against him.

He fell down during a demo?

I have students studying for three weeks that could make it through a demo without falling over. What is he, epileptic?

Dale Dugas
04-02-2006, 05:21 AM

I have students studying for three weeks that could make it through a demo without falling over. What is he, epileptic?

No his mouth boxing skills outweigh his real fighting skills. The exact same as this "silent assasin's" skills. He has none so he has to come post about how he is this incredible street fighter who follows this little stick of man who is so deadly that rather than show some real apps, he falls down as the man has no root, hence no internal strength.

SA is a sad little boy who feels the need to boast about his being a punk.

Lame and sad.

Come on SA, where is your plithy comeback. Post us a real name and number and then you can be taken seriously. Until then you nothing but a lurking troll.

shuaichiao
04-02-2006, 06:00 AM

He didn't just fall, he completely tumbled over backwards! But that's not the embarrassing part. The embarrassing part was that he was only doing
a tripping technique against a very cooperative opponant when it happened. I've seen toddlers struggling to walk that could have done that takedown without falling.

Three Harmonies
04-02-2006, 07:29 AM
Silent Assasiin
I do not know the legitamacy of your claims nor of Mr. Lin. But you come here making some bold statements, ranting and raving in favor of this individual, quickly pointing fingers at other who "spread lies" and "gossip like little girls" yet all you are doing is the same!! Now I know you feel righteous because you feel that you are defending your teachers honor/name, yet you do not even have the balls to use a name. Why should we believe you anymore than these ******* rumor mongers you speak of?
I have no problem with someone coming here and talking ****, or making any kind of ststement (it is a free country) but I do take issue with folks who make these statements and do not even have the courage to put their name on it.
Just my 2 cents,
Jake

Green Cloud
04-02-2006, 07:56 AM
ok silent assasin here is where you went wrong. Starting a thread by stating that you have had over 100 fights was a stupid thing to to on this forum. That is not a legitamit claim that anyone can prove, and what does that have to do with your rep. Are you claming to be someone note worthy.

Making clames like that only make you look like a street thug. AS far as claming to be a senior student or even studying with someone still doesn't legitamize who you are. I know a lot of guys that have studied with some great masters that still couldn't fight there way out of a wet paper bag.

Personaly I dont know David lin or the other lin and could care less and I am having a hard time following the point of this thread.

If someone dissed my sifu I alway posted a chalenge and fought to honor my sifu. For the sake of making this interesting I would be more than glad to host a match between you and Dale Dugas, he looks ready to throw.

Mind you I'm not taking sides here because I don't know these guys, I'm just trying to keep it real.

greencloud.net

Dale Dugas
04-02-2006, 01:13 PM
GC,

Big props for the help brother. All is it ever is about is keeping it real.

I think SA has had his internet privledges revoked after his mother got a gander at his boasting of skills.

We are waiting SA.

You up for some exchanging of skills?

He has yet to call me or leave me a message or email me back, as I have that function on and running all the time as I have nothing to hide from anyone.

Why is it they want to mouth off but not show the infamous skills they supposedly have?

SA, you have nothing to say? Or are you truly that cowardly?

SwaiingDragon
04-02-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm not taking sides, BUT:

-Shuai Jiao Masters, Like Grandmaster Cheung, studied internal arts - but those arts are NOT Shuai Jiao - Shuai Jiao is its own system (it's like saying Goju karate and Hung Ga are the same because they have punching) - to study an additional art is to broaden your understanding.
-Mr Lin (in New York) only studied with Master Jeng Hsing Peng for only a short time.
-Mr Lin (in New York) has been around for a long time -- he proves himself right or wrong through his students - the Shuai Jiao community leaves him alone --

Repsectfully,

lkfmdc
04-02-2006, 07:44 PM
-Mr Lin (in New York) only studied with Master Jeng Hsing Peng for only a short time.

See my post, which said the same thing.

htowndragon
04-02-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm not taking sides, BUT:

-Mr Lin (in New York) has been around for a long time -- he proves himself right or wrong through his students - the Shuai Jiao community leaves him alone --

Repsectfully,

you mean atlanta?

ricksitterly
04-02-2006, 08:17 PM
is this thread for real?

Dale Dugas
04-03-2006, 04:57 AM
Rick,

Funny that when I challenged this un named coward to back up his posting he dissappears.

Just another child who mouths off, and does not train for real.

LOL.

Gotta love the trolls.

SwaiingDragon
04-03-2006, 07:57 AM
htowndragon - No, I meant in New York - he's not worth the effort....

David Lin in Atlanta, I have never met, but his students and classmates that I have met speak highly of him and are pretty good themselves.

lkfmdc - no direspect intended, I was just validating it...

lkfmdc
04-03-2006, 09:19 AM
lkfmdc - no direspect intended, I was just validating it...

I didn't think it was disrespect at all... I only meant that there was another poster with exactly the same info...

Be well

GeneChing
04-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Please note that this thread was started by Silent Assasin (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/member.php?u=16073) and not our Kung Fu Tai Chi Magazine & KungFuMagazine.com forum (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17) moderator Silent Assassin (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/member.php?u=8961). The moderator has a double 'ass'. ;)

Ou Ji
04-03-2006, 10:01 AM
So the poster was correct, it HAS ended. Just not the way he planned it to end. :D

Shaolinlueb
04-03-2006, 11:31 AM
[sets up lawn chair, opens cooler and crack open a beer, sits back in chair and watches] :D this can be good.

wiz cool c
04-03-2006, 05:32 PM
About three years ago I paid a couple of hundred dollors for his teacher training program. It seems like he is senile or something he couldn't teach the class. I quit the class after one or two lessons.

lkfmdc
04-03-2006, 06:01 PM
About three years ago I paid a couple of hundred dollors for his teacher training program. It seems like he is senile or something he couldn't teach the class. I quit the class after one or two lessons.

Sadly, I have heard similar stories.....

Three Harmonies
04-03-2006, 08:30 PM
David Lin of Atlanta is hands down one of the best Shuai Chiao teachers in this country! Many such as Dave Pickens, John Wang, etc. even say the same thing. Classy guy, with mad throwing skills.
Jake :)

FatherDog
04-03-2006, 08:51 PM
[sets up lawn chair, opens cooler and crack open a beer, sits back in chair and watches] :D this can be good.

Everything's better with a double ass.

Green Cloud
04-04-2006, 08:18 PM
So I'm confused wich lin is silent assasins lin?? and what's the point???

shuaichiao
04-04-2006, 08:37 PM
So I'm confused wich lin is silent assasins lin?? and what's the point???

The guy in NY.

I'm confused as to why someone made this a five star thread:confused:

million
04-05-2006, 06:47 PM
this is hilarious. where the hell have i been,,,

jethro
04-05-2006, 07:48 PM
The guy in NY.

I'm confused as to why someone made this a five star thread:confused:

You would have to ask the 3 time ever and GUARANTEED only poster, mr silent nobody knows who he is assin:p

jethro
04-05-2006, 07:52 PM
but this thread is only rated 4 stars, so it's nto as good as the video thread but still very:D very good:D :D

jethro
04-05-2006, 08:31 PM
:confused: :confused:

maybe that's what happens when I litter the thread with my comments:D :D :D :D

jethro
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
it's a 5 star thread

(only cause I figured out how to do it)

SwaiingDragon
04-07-2006, 05:38 AM
I'm sure everyone is tired of this thread - but just wanted to point out a good article in bb mag - about Shuai Jiao and David Lin in GA.

Three Harmonies
04-07-2006, 07:09 AM
The current issue?
Thanks
Jake :)

Three Harmonies
04-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Just went and checked out the "article." It is lame. Seems like just a wordy advertisement. Nothing to get excited about.
Jake

CaptinPickAxe
04-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Please tell me you are a troll...

I pray there aren't people as stupid as you, Silent Assassin

Green Cloud
04-07-2006, 09:06 PM
If he was a troll he would of responded. I think he underestimated who is on this forum and thought twice abou his statement. I'm sure that some of his training bros said, hey what are you doing are you making chalenges for sifu lin. I"m sure he wouldn't be happy about that.

greencloud.net

Dale Dugas
04-08-2006, 04:56 AM
Like most of the big boasters on the net. They are mouth boxing experts and when you post contact info to get together and see what they have, they fade away...

SA became silent when confronted with the truth his skinny little stick master has not the skills to back up his MA resume...

SimonM
04-08-2006, 11:17 PM
To whom it may concern:

Many on this forum and others have spoken a number of harsh words about Lin Chih Young "David" Lin and I would like to now respond as a rational and respectable individual who can honestly attest to the skill and superiority of the teachings of Grand Master Chih Young Lin.

While no man- (including any of the haters that have spoken out on this and other sites) is perfect, Grand Master Lin Chih Young has a Mastery over the deep and rarely taught Mysteries of the Chinese internal martial Arts. He teaches secrets that have been passed down directly from Masters Such as Sun Lu Tang , Chang Tung Sheng And many other of the finest MArtial artists of the past centuries.

Many of these haters that have come out against him are people who have been thrown out of his school because they were found to be morally corrupt, others are themselves instructors who want to besmerch the reputation of someone that they view as being a threat to their buisiness- and as a result (out of deep anymosity- some out of jealousy- all out of a lack of self respect for themselves and the Martial arts they claim to employ)- have decided they would run around like little girls gossiping and telling people that Master LIn Has no skill.
I tell you-
Do Not believe them.

These people seek to portray themselves as great by demeaning other people.
they would seek to victimise people they think they can portray as the weeker person
because deep down inside they feel insecure about themselves.
In Psycology this is called an Inferiority complex.

I can tell you they are fools who are putting themselves in a position where they can be sued for deffamation of charchter for publicly spreading falsehoods and and seeking to ruin the reputation of an innocent person.

I am a martial artist of many many years and more than training in the various schools, I have over 100 street fights under my belt.
I have seen many, many martial artists, studied under many teachers, studied the teachings of the great masters of the past and I can tell you out of first hand experience- Master Lins teachings are on par with the best.

If you are interested in the possibility of learning with Master Lin Do not be deterred by those who would seek to lead you astray out of their alterior motives.
Master Lin Is not perfect, But he is an incredible Master.

As to Whether or not Master LIn studied with Chang Tung Sheng, On one of the other posts, one of Master Fu Shu Yun's students stated that he heard master Fu with his own ears state that Master Lin was GM Chang's student.

Controversy ended.

If you don't like it, you can bite me.

Post Video

Buddy
04-09-2006, 06:33 AM
I love that phrase,"mouth boxer". Dale, you slay me, brother.

Dale Dugas
04-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Buddy,

I try with the trolls...

April 15th, you and Baihe are invited as always to attend the UFC party at my place.

Sal Canzonieri
04-10-2006, 08:48 AM
Umm, I think that guy made things worse by making his post.
If he never made the post, it wouldn't have re-opened old wounds and invited all this animosity again. No one can know who is telling the truth or not just from posts on a message board in a discussion group, that's common sense.

Most people know me from my articles and research on Chinese martial arts
history, I wrote many CMA history articles for Wushu Kung Fu magazine during the 1990s. I also used to help Johnny Woo do his Cleveland area tournaments
when he used to do them years ago (I judged forms, etc.).
I've been doing CMA since 1975 and researching CMA for the past
20 years. (I'm around 50 years old).

In the course of my research, I've been able to check out who learned from
who when, etc, naturally. I've met teachers from Taiwan in NYC seminars that I have taken that told me Chih Young Lin did indeed study with GM Chang a couple of years before he died, serving as his last assistant. He studied with and / or was good friends with different Taiwanese masters who taught at the police acadamy and other places there, I have seen video tapes that authenticate this. I have a list of who he studied with since the 1950s and how long. I had researched this before I ever met Master Lin, as I was at one time researching the various teachers in the NYC area and who they learned from.
I met with Master Lin and found him to be very courteous and forthcoming about various topics I was researching in CMA, such as forms, body mechanics, history, functional relationship between different CMA styles, etc.

Anyways, though I have long experience, I continued to meet with Master Lin once a week,
I felt that he has knowledge that he gained from his many years, and it is up to me to apply that knowledge based on the skills I have acquired all these years. He's 72 years old, he's been doing CMA a long time, that should be respected.

I have used his ideas during self defense situations that have occured and they have worked great each time. (I am in a rock band and travel all over the world and being in bars all the time, I have had to use CMA on various occasions.). What he basically teaches is how to apply internal martial arts, mostly from XY, BaGua, Tong Bei and Shuai Jiao to external martial arts. I get something out of his semi-private lessons, I have a lot of years of experience to compare them to, and it works when I need it to work. I don't care about all the controversy and animosity people have. We have great conversations about forms and techniques and CMA history, and his ideas do work. Like I said, I get something out of it cause I have the experience to apply it and experiment with it. There are other people who have many years experience that meet with him as well, there are NYC club bouncers that I know who study with him and use his ideas weekly on the job. From 20 years of researching traditional, non modern wu-shu CMA proper body mechanics, the history CMA and it's various styles, and essentially what makes CMA tick, and from doing CMA for even more years and from making it work when I needed it to, I think that I would be able to observe by now if his teaching is ineffective, but instead I liked his insights on CMA.

Maybe I and them can get the same insights from other teachers, maybe not.
Who cares. No matter how great someone's teacher might be, it's all amounts to nothing if you can't apply what they teach when you need it to use it. There are not too many people that have ever had to use what they study for self defense.

Other people don't get or don't like what he is teaching, fine, to each his own.
I have found not one teacher in CMA or even japanese MA that someone has't said something bad about them in some way or another. I guess that's the nature of CMA.

This topic is always very, very boring and always repeats itself round and round.
It would be nice if people moved on and let it go.

Dale Dugas
04-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Sal,

This little punk a s s brought it up while claiming to be some street fighter extraodinaire. The little tool is full of it, and dissapeared when queried about his bragging about his non existent skills and questionable master.

My issue was more with the little tool than with Lin.

Way too many mouth boxers out there.

Sal Canzonieri
04-10-2006, 10:06 AM
Sal,

This little punk a s s brought it up while claiming to be some street fighter extraodinaire. The little tool is full of it, and dissapeared when queried about his bragging about his non existent skills and questionable master.

My issue was more with the little tool than with Lin.

Way too many mouth boxers out there.\

I understand, I had the same reaction,
and I kinda think that whoever made that post was
actually doing it as a sly way to do the opposite of what he was saying.
I don't think he really goes there, or he wouldn't have posted it.

lkfmdc
04-10-2006, 10:38 AM
I've met teachers from Taiwan in NYC seminars that I have taken that told me Chih Young Lin did indeed study with GM Chang a couple of years before he died, serving as his last assistant.

Sal,

I don't know what "teachers from Taiwan" you spoke to (since you didn't name them) but I'm sure you know who Jeng Hsin Ping is, why doesn't Shihfu Jeng say this? Or Daniel Weng? Or the David Lin in Atlanta?

Sal Canzonieri
04-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Sal,

I don't know what "teachers from Taiwan" you spoke to (since you didn't name them) but I'm sure you know who Jeng Hsin Ping is, why doesn't Shihfu Jeng say this? Or Daniel Weng? Or the David Lin in Atlanta?

I dont' know why they don't say this. I will get their full chinese names and will post it here if you want them. I wont be in NYC til the weekend after Easter, I will get some names of people you can call in taiwan that will verify it.

Master Lin studied Shuai Jiao, Ju Jitsu and Judo while in the army in the 1950s, this I have verified. I posted a list of his teachers and the years he studied with them from my researcg notes on the Empty Flower site for someone there that asked me.
I have seen video tapes of classes in Taiwan with Master Lin in them. Daniel Weng was in one of the class tapes, assisting GM.

Even Frank DeMaria, GM's student and adopted God Son, who I had spoken to before ever meeting Master Lin had said it.
I had called him back in 1990 to ask him about a Lohan form he was teaching and I had asked if he had learned if from GM Chang. We started
talking about Shuai Jiao and he told me that there were some other people related to GM Chang's line in NYC, a school brother of GM's in NYC Chinatown area that was about to retire or had recently retired and he then said Master Lin had been GM's assistent during the early 80s, right before he died. He said they had met in a park as friends every morning, discussing martial arts, and Master Lin asked GM to be his teacher every day, and after a month of asking, GM relented and said ok. Frank said that Master Lin eventually became GM's assistant. But GM died about 2.5 -3 years later. Frank highly recommended that I meet with Master Lin and continue my research with him, he said that Master Lin knew a lot about CMA history and that I would learn a lot from him. He said Master Lin had a lot of interesting insights into the application of CMA.
Master Ho, Master Fu's husband became Master Lin's teacher after GM Chang died. Masters Ho and Fu later lived for while in NJ, a few hours from me. Master Lin continued to study with Master Ho in NJ. So, Master Fu can indeed attest to who Master Lin's teachers were.
I heard the same thing from a Master Tang from Taiwan that taught some seminars in NYC during the later 1990s (he taught seminars on Shuai Jiao, Fantzi, Xiao Fu Yen, and other material that I attended).

lkfmdc
04-10-2006, 02:55 PM
Sal,

Have you ever seen any footage of David Lin of Atlanta? Or have you seen/trained with Shihfu Jeng? Compare these two "assisstants" of GM Chang Tung Sheng to NYC's David Lin aka Lin Chih Young...

CaptinPickAxe
04-10-2006, 03:04 PM
I have first hand experience with David Lin of ATL. His prowess is impeccable, and his execution of the style is flawless. I've trained under Sifu John Wang's student Kirk Woller of San Antonio. I know all these guys are some ruff and tumble fellas who know a lot about the art of inflicting pain. I've seen all the instructors listed under ACSCA, and David Lin is not recognized as an instructor. I've heard of his antics and his less-than masterful execution of the art form. Seems to me like another loon trying to make a buck off the name.

SwaiingDragon
04-10-2006, 06:27 PM
This all being said -

The only Shuai Jiao being taught in NYC is by the students of Shifu James Chin and Grandmaster Jeng Hsing Ping.

(Not only sanctioned by Jeng Hsing Ping, but The World Shuai Jiao Society (David Pickens), International Shuai Chiao Association (Roger Soo), Taipei Shuai Chiao Association, Central Police University of Taiwan (David Chang))

Shuai is a throw, Shuia Jiao is an art form.

Green Cloud
04-11-2006, 06:54 PM
What's the point??? Would the real sifu Lin stand up??

Dale Dugas
04-12-2006, 04:54 AM
The point is we want Gong Sau with the Punk A S S Silent A s s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GONG SAU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Green Cloud
04-12-2006, 06:43 AM
Dale it's obvious that this guy is a troll, Once he felt the threat of a chalenge he disapeared. He hasn't posted again and he is not comming back no matter how much this thread gets flamed.

Believe you me I'm upset about it, I wasted my money on the popcorn.

greencloud.net

Dale Dugas
04-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Ahh brother Im just joshin as its Wednesday and Im a little bored at work.

I know he was nothing but the smoke that leaks from his backside.

Just wanted to use the largest font and yell.

Another mouth boxer bites the dust.

nuff said.

Green Cloud
04-12-2006, 06:58 AM
I can appreciate that, the thread started with a bang then crashed and burned.:D

Sal Canzonieri
04-12-2006, 10:38 AM
Ahh brother Im just joshin as its Wednesday and Im a little bored at work.

I know he was nothing but the smoke that leaks from his backside.

Just wanted to use the largest font and yell.

Another mouth boxer bites the dust.

nuff said.

Well, seems that the thread was a fake, started by someone who was trying to stir up trouble, by falsely making believe he was defending him when he was really setting things up for the attacking statements to come in.
No one from the school wrote the post that started this thread.

machine numbers can be traced.

Green Cloud
04-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Elementary my dear Whatson:D

neilhytholt
04-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Elementary my dear Whatson:D

I studied at that school in NY for a short time. He seemed to be a pretty good teacher.

I got transferred upstate for work and didn't go for about 6-8 months. When I came back he had a couple of new students and they had all mastered all 12 of the xingyi animals (at least the forms), which seemed to be very good progress in that short amount of time. One of them was a little girl about 11 or 12, and she was very good at all that as well.

I really regretted not spending more time at his school because he really seemed to know his stuff. In the time I was there he explained about 30 different applications for pi-quan alone.

He'd always be watching videos of different martial arts like judo or even boxing before class and analyzing the movements. He said in his youth he was a "martial arts alcoholic." LOL

As for the Shuai Jiao part of it, I didn't go for that, but he used to have some Shuai Jiao practice after his regular class for a little while. It didn't seem like he put that much emphasis on it, certainly not like a full martial art -- it was just putting on this funny little vest and doing some basic throws.

Anyway he is a nice little man who didn't charge a lot of money and didn't seem to want to start any trouble, so why are you so against him? Why not do your own thing and leave him alone?

Green Cloud
04-13-2006, 05:30 PM
neilhytholt, I think you might be confused. If you go back and read my post I never comment on either one of the lin's, infact I state that I don't know anything about them.

My coments were directed to the guy that actualy started the thread. I thought that he showed poor taste in anouncing that he had 100 street fights, and that he was ready to start a war on his teachers behalf. I just simply point out that he might of been a troll.

Read the first couple of posts and you will understand. In fact I'm still not sure who is who. I just simply put an end to the trolling when I offered to host a challenge match between the troll and dale Dugas.

greencloud.net

neilhytholt
04-13-2006, 09:43 PM
neilhytholt, I think you might be confused. If you go back and read my post I never comment on either one of the lin's, infact I state that I don't know anything about them.

My coments were directed to the guy that actualy started the thread. I thought that he showed poor taste in anouncing that he had 100 street fights, and that he was ready to start a war on his teachers behalf. I just simply point out that he might of been a troll.

Read the first couple of posts and you will understand. In fact I'm still not sure who is who. I just simply put an end to the trolling when I offered to host a challenge match between the troll and dale Dugas.

greencloud.net

Sorry. I quoted your post and it wasn't meant to get on your case, but just because I was agreeing with you. I added the comments about the people getting on his case afterwards.

Anyway I found that Mr. David Lee Lin was a very nice and knowledgeable guy. I don't think that Shuai Jiao was his strong point. At any rate, he didn't practice much on people unless they already knew how to fall. There were a couple of us who had taken judo or jujitsu already, so he demonstrated mostly on us, because he didn't want to hurt anybody.

But he was also fairly old and frail, like at least 60+, so it wasn't like he was throwing us on our heads or anything. You know, I don't understand the whole gong sau thing, but why these people want to bother a nice old man like that is beyond me. He does seem to make a lot of claims on his current website that I don't understand but I think cut an old guy some slack.

Green Cloud
04-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Can you tell me what his web site is called I would love to learn more about this man just for my own etification thanks.

Dale Dugas
04-14-2006, 03:12 AM
http://masterlin.cfw2.com/show.asp?content_id=1046

My teacher is in his 60's as well and is not some dried up little stick of a man. Should be vital and full of life from the training not the opposite.

Sorry if that offends you Neil.

Green Cloud
04-14-2006, 06:04 AM
Dale so you and neil trained with the same guy??

Dale Dugas
04-14-2006, 06:09 AM
Nope.

Good training will make you strong and vital. No offence but the NYC David Lin looks like death warmed over.

neilhytholt
04-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Nope.

Good training will make you strong and vital. No offence but the NYC David Lin looks like death warmed over.

I was there in 1997, I think. He was just a very small guy, like not much over 5'2" tall, and he didn't really look death warmed over, he just looked like a small chinese guy in his mid 60s. He wasn't that muscular or anything, that is true, but he didn't look too old for his age. He probably weighed about 95-100 lbs or so.