PDA

View Full Version : Martial Arts Planet buys Bullshido...

Dale Dugas
04-01-2006, 04:22 AM
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32815

Bullshido is no more. The new admins will change it beyond anything it used to be.

shuaichiao
04-01-2006, 05:45 AM
http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32815

Bullshido is no more. The new admins will change it beyond anything it used to be.

This is a historic day in the martial arts community! Quik mark your calendars! What's the date today?

MasterKiller
04-02-2006, 08:46 AM
I think you all got April's Fooled.

David Jamieson
04-02-2006, 09:46 AM
dunno mk, its april2 and it's still there.

also, so phrost makes some money. good for him.

the end, who cares. :rolleyes:

SevenStar
04-02-2006, 11:26 AM
it was an elaborate april fool's prank.

Hieronim
04-02-2006, 02:48 PM
it would be funny if all the tma forums got together and bought bullshido off.

SifuAbel
04-02-2006, 05:17 PM
dunno mk, its april2 and it's still there.

also, so phrost makes some money. good for him.

the end, who cares. :rolleyes:

What?, you think he's not making money now? Ninja, please. Where do you think all the terrabytes of bandwidth are coming from? He can support pics and video galleries. If anyone has gone "jabba the hut" its him.

David Jamieson
04-02-2006, 06:09 PM
What?, you think he's not making money now? Ninja, please. Where do you think all the terrabytes of bandwidth are coming from? He can support pics and video galleries. If anyone has gone "jabba the hut" its him.

mah hah hoh wookie jeeba nooba tara Han solo?

lol. seriously, how would he make dough from that sight? just the donations?

MasterKiller
04-02-2006, 06:14 PM
mah hah hoh wookie jeeba nooba tara Han solo?

lol. seriously, how would he make dough from that sight? just the donations?
Ad space, my brutha.

And by selling $30 shirts that cost $10 at Wal-Mart.

David Jamieson
04-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Ad space, my brutha.

And by selling $30 shirts that cost $10 at Wal-Mart.

hmmm, *sends out spam and heads to cosco to buy 3 dollar blank stanfields*.

SifuAbel
04-02-2006, 07:09 PM
Its all about the clicks, baby. The more people he can get to click on the banners etc. The more he gets the pennies.

What do you think, its a labor of love? LOL ! You think he actually is marching on some cocamaimy mission. uhhhhhhhh no. :rolleyes:

David Jamieson
04-02-2006, 07:23 PM
well, in all honesty, the mission statement is kind of a silly premise.

I mean what's to be done about assuring fraud isn't in martial arts?
Probably just a hot button issue and an empty one at that for the most part to attract the hordes of ...well, you know...

phrost, if you are reading this, what exactly have you accomplished in the alleviation of fraudulent martial arts teachings? And on what do you base your authority to do so. Not trolling, just asking because it doesn't seem clear to me.

sure there's fraud ma teachers out there, or poor teachers that are perhaps not worth what they charge, but tha goes for every single line of business out there.

It's a pitfall of capitalism.

anyone here been 'saved' by bullshido? or do you make up your own minds as to whether or not you like what your doing and where you're doing it?

SifuAbel
04-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Probably just a hot button issue and an empty one at that for the most part to attract the hordes of ...well, you know...

.........morons?

David Jamieson
04-03-2006, 08:32 AM
.........morons?

...mmm, less experienced and lacking wisdom perhaps, but moron is a bit harsh.

Young people gravitate to those things that emotionally effecta nd affect them. It is relatively easy to get young people to act upon someone else agenda because they simply do not have the experience to know any better.

that's a fact of life, but it doesn't make them morons. What makes a moron is when you know what you are doing is incorrect and yet continue to keep it up. :p

SifuAbel
04-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Like I said.............. :rolleyes:

FatherDog
04-03-2006, 08:40 PM
anyone here been 'saved' by bullshido? or do you make up your own minds as to whether or not you like what your doing and where you're doing it?

Well, I was "saved" long before I happened across Bullshido, but since I've been reading it, I've seen a number of new posters (who then went on to be regular posters, so I doubt they were sock-puppet accounts) posting about the McDojos they used to study at and how reading the FAQs and posts at Bullshido helped them find a better place to study at (some of which "better places" happened to be CMA places, in fact).

Also, as far as fighting frauds in martial arts, go to Bullshido and do a search for Samuel Browning's posts - that's only one poster, but it's still and impressive resume to fraud-busting.

SifuAbel
04-03-2006, 08:43 PM
(some of which "better places" happened to be CMA places, in fact).

To Neal's shagrin, I'm sure.

SifuAbel
04-05-2006, 05:46 PM
Maybe we should give Sam his own web site. Sans all the lemony kid jack ass jiuce.