isn't that saturday at the park for lkfmdc's gym? :eek:

:D

NuDuRan
04-02-2006, 05:29 AM
Seen this sort of thing before....

Sad Day.

Lama Pai Sifu
04-02-2006, 08:12 AM
I have seen this before, and unfortunatly, many other like it (some in person). But when you say; "I'd like to try" or "Try that on me", they tell you that thier "Chi" is so strong you would die,....and only their students are strong enough (as a result of his training) to wistand his attacks. LOL

I never pushed any of these old guys out of respect (haven't seen any in person in 10-15 years) but I would certainly expose these guys now if I see them at a demo or an event. So Beware, Tricksters! LOL

Yes, these guys are EXACTLY what is wrong with CMA. Although, I was invited to a seminar 9 years ago, where a certain 70 year old Japanese JJ master was doing the same bullsh1t. I was invited to attend this 'wonderful' training, and I was told before hand, that he accepts challenges. So I was like; "great! Either I'm going to totally have my belief system about martial arts - rocked, or there is going to be a 70 year old man in need of serious medical attention. I was psyched!

When I went there, I couldn't beleive what I was seeing - people being touched on the hand/wrist and go flying through the air. The sad part was, there were about 40 people (JJ people) who were doing all these big rollouts, flips, slapouts, and were having a great time. I couldn't bring myself to spoiling their fun... :( They were in a euphoric state to say the least.

However, here was the best part; A tkd teacher (whom I am friends with - nice guy as well) who brought some students. When the TKD guy went up to grab him, the old Jap. guy tried to do his magical throw, and nothing happened. Apparently, no one told the TKD guy what he was supposed to do. I guess he didn't show up at the 'secret meeting' before hand. Anyway, he just did a regular wrist lock (quite average, by the way) and the TKD dropped to one knee and tapped. No one said anything (although there was an uncomfortable silence in the room for 5 seconds or so) and then the circus act resumed. It was very sad.

Emeraldphoenix
04-02-2006, 12:35 PM
I love that. I havent had a laugh like that in quit some time.:D :D

David Jamieson
04-02-2006, 01:22 PM
that's that peter young guy in the uk isn't it?

claims he's a lama apparently.

looks like more of the same old song and dance routine as is usually associated with these types of demonstrations.

rubthebuddha
04-02-2006, 02:10 PM
it reminds me of that pokelian crap wushuchik made fun of all the time. or that russian crap that pretended to be sambo.

honestly, either that "master" has an electrode up his ass and is shocking everyone that comes near, or he just has a case of halitosis that rivals gda.

Blacktiger
04-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Man that has to be a joke they cant be serious

Eddie
04-03-2006, 03:49 AM
the look like crazy chickens. think they mught have birdflu

Jun Fan
04-03-2006, 04:52 AM
Why would anybody play along with something like this?

Same reason people would castrate themselves and drink poison Koolaid en masse.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-03-2006, 06:28 AM
or he just has a case of halitosis that rivals gda.

pfft ... not even close.

Iron_Eagle_76
04-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Why would anybody play along with something like this?

People who are very gullible and/or weak willed or usually the prey for these phony predators. They want to believe in some mystical force or unbelievable power that they could also attain. These role players truly are sad and pathetic, but it is certainly not limited to CMA. I have seen claims just as ridiculus in other styles, mostly Aikido. Not to knock Aikido, I have met and worked out with good practioners who could use their art, and some who were as bad as the ass clowns on this video. Unfortunatley all martial arts have their share of fantasy warriors.

David Jamieson
04-04-2006, 09:10 AM
People believe it because they don't know any different or better.

The charlatans love the weak minded and there certainly is no shortage of them in the ma world unfortunately.