PDA

View Full Version : Sifu Ng - Sarasota

Crushing Fist
04-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Can anyone tell me about the Sarasota Wing Chun Club taught by Sifu Ng?

Thanks in advance for any info

rindge
04-01-2006, 07:53 PM
If you are referring to Sifu Ng who studied under Ho Kam Ming, I can shed a tiny bit of insight. If it is the same person, I visited one his classes when he taught in San Diego. As a person he is a very nice man and was very accomodating to an out of towner visiting his class. What I noticed about the class is that the training was focused on making sure the students got the basics right - 20-30 minute siu nim tao, etc. The students also seemed to be very good, which I take as a reflection of their sifu, and knowledgeable. In terms of lineage I would love to study under him as he indicated he teahces the art the same way his sifu taugh him and Yip Man taught his sifu. The best advice, which is common on this board, is to stop in and visit. If it is the same person, I think you will be pleased.

Rindge

Crushing Fist
04-02-2006, 07:13 AM
Thanks for that Rindge.

It is the same Sifu Ng that you thought. I'm considering moving to Sarasota, and this seems to be the only CMA game in town. If and when I get there, I'll certainly be stopping by.

atlwingchun
04-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Thats funny I just moved from north of there (clearwater).I never got to Sifu Ng's school but there are a few others close by sifu siegel in clearwater but he's moving back to ny and then there's jerry g from the jason lau school in tampa he's very clean.steve swift (tampa) also a student of hunter i belive his name is ray also clearwater.look around a bit there's alot more there than in atlanta.And good luck with the move.

meltdawn
04-03-2006, 05:28 AM
there's actually quite a lot in Sarasota.

Hung Gar - Kuen Lam, Chiu Chi Ling's student (he doesn't run a class so it's 1 on 1)
longfist - Felipe Suarez under Nelson Tsou (Dr. Yang's kung fu bother)
Hung Gar/ Hung Fut - Brian Ahern (he also teachers under Dr. Jimmy)
Chen taichi - a guy named David, don't know much more but what i've seen for a few years and he's GOOD
Gracie jiujitsu
Capoiera

and of course my school:
Lung Ying - Lum Chi Ping Sifu
Dragon Style (www.lungyingjingjung.com)

Crushing Fist
04-03-2006, 07:56 AM
meltdawn -

excellent info, thanks so much. Since this is in the Wing Chun forum I'll PM you for more details if thats ok...