PDA

View Full Version : traditional traning

greencloudtj
04-02-2006, 12:22 PM
what are people's feelings one long island and new york,on how many schools and which ones?? train in a non commercialized school and not watered down kung fu??And whats the best way to determine a commercial school,where it's all about the money??

Emeraldphoenix
04-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Come on, you cant tell the difference?:cool:

greencloudtj
04-02-2006, 07:58 PM
No I can I was just asking,so I can get people's reviews on kung fu on long island new york..

greencloudtj
04-02-2006, 08:02 PM
How many people on the forum train kung fu on long island and what is there opinion on kung fu in long onslane new york??

GreenCloudCLF
04-03-2006, 04:26 PM
How many people on the forum train kung fu on long island and what is there opinion on kung fu in long onslane new york??

Stay where you are...you got the real deal...

greencloudtj
04-04-2006, 04:15 PM
thanks jason I have no intentions on going anywere else. I was just asking a question. And how long have you bin traning?? After your sanda fight do you truly fell you can defend yourself in a real life situation with all these years of kung fu traning??Please dont assume that I am looking to train else were..

TenTigers
04-04-2006, 05:42 PM
There are only a few Traditional Kung-Fu schools on L.I. and you can name them on one hand. I don't know any of the commercial schools, so I can't comment on them.

Green Cloud
04-04-2006, 07:50 PM
and those schools are???

CLFLPstudent
04-05-2006, 06:55 AM
Why is the thought of a commercially successful school and a traditional school mutually exclusive? I train at a successful school ( lots of students) and we are a traditional CMA school on Long Island.

-David

David Jamieson
04-05-2006, 07:06 AM
the ideas are mutualy exclusive because people project their own imagery onto stuff.

Problem is their imagery is taken from films and there are a lot of people who think all kungfu teachers should either be monks, have been monks or lead a monastic life and all kwoons are sanctified and sacred places.

This is simply a result of too much tv really.

greencloudtj
04-05-2006, 03:24 PM
what I am trying to say is that I truly belive that some schools teach what they say to be traditional kung fu,but is watered down to please the avrege person who has teribale stances and cant even throw a proper front kick. There are plenty of schools out there not to put any one down but they dont even have any stance traning and if they do there crap