PDA

View Full Version : New Favorite Lift!

Merryprankster
04-02-2006, 05:04 PM
one handed hang snatches.

I like it because not only is it just a great exercise, but because when I tell people about them, I get to say "snatch"

"hanging snatch" is pretty fun too.

Right now, I'm using 65-75 lbs dumbells, but in the future, I want to work up to barbells.

fa_jing
04-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Dumbell snatches are cool. I do them sometimes after squats at the gym. Good to superset with miltary presses, too. In fact, you can do a snatch + press combo.

fa_jing
04-04-2006, 09:46 AM
So are you doing them from "hang" or from "below the knees"? I do them from below the knees.

Merryprankster
04-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Hang.

I'm doing them with a slight bend in the knees, with the dumbell just above the knee. That's only a few inches for me, and it always takes a couple of reps for me to get the form just right, LOL. I like doing them that way because of the hip thrust you HAVE to get in order to keep the exercise from becoming a bad clean and press.

You can really feel when you nail it right, especially when you go to drop under and lock out.

fa_jing
04-05-2006, 11:54 AM
you should be forcefully shrugging the shoulder, too. Good work. So I guess you are dropping the bell to your shoulder on the way down?

Merryprankster
04-10-2006, 12:40 PM
Oh yeah, the shoulder is definitely getting shrugged. I'm liking that part...

Yup, the dumbell comes back down to position through a reverse "unpress and unclean" so to speak, LOL.

flilluka
04-10-2006, 09:34 PM
just do it all with a straight going momentum! and d it slowly but surely! Slight bending is a good one!

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-11-2006, 09:57 AM
whats the difference between a snatch and a clean

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-11-2006, 11:12 AM
google is scary ... 1st result:

http://cis.squirming.net/category/strength_and_conditioning/237/

Merryprankster
04-11-2006, 08:24 PM
Uhhhh....

that's how I am doing them fliluka. But although it might be "one" movement, the components are several.

On another note, I used the small barbells at work today, so I'm pretty stoked. It was harder, but I was still able to use the same weight. After a week or so of them, I'll bump the weight up.