PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with latte!?

Mr Punch
04-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Discuss.

Don't drink it myself... just wondered.

:D

anerlich
04-02-2006, 08:38 PM
It is seen by many as the drink of metrosexuals, poseurs, and pseudointellectuals ... people who sit around in coffee shops talking crap in a sadly misguided attempt to be seen as clever and sophisticated.

Not so much the substance itself, but the company it keeps.

I drink little coffee other than instant, flat whites and the occasional cappucino if my wife is having one.

Whether or not the rest of the description applies to me you can judge for yourself, not that I care.

kravi
04-02-2006, 10:25 PM
latte (skim, decaf) is my drink of choice...

yes - i always have a hint of shame in my voice when i order one

personally, i'm for instant or a machiato (sp?) ... which i have perfected on my coffee machine at work. But the latte i reserve primarily for when i am out with friends, mainly because they don't serve instant in cafes... and the machiato is really more of a 'wake up thing'... (imo)

and correct me if im wrong, but as far as i know, a latte is a flat-white served in a glass as opposed to a cup, no?

cheers,

anerlich
04-02-2006, 11:04 PM
and correct me if im wrong, but as far as i know, a latte is a flat-white served in a glass as opposed to a cup, no?

I thought a latte was made predominantly with milk, whereas a flat while just had a dash - but as you've probably already gathered, I'm not particularly knowledgeable on the finer details of the wide variety of ways in which coffee can be served.

kravi
04-03-2006, 05:17 AM
but as you've probably already gathered, I'm not particularly knowledgeable on the finer details of the wide variety of ways in which coffee can be served.

...well that's something we'll have to remedy, isn't it?

(guess which movie that line is from- hint: scottish accent)

cheers,

Mr Punch
04-03-2006, 07:12 AM
It is seen by many as the drink of metrosexuals, poseurs, and pseudointellectuals ... people who sit around in coffee shops talking crap in a sadly misguided attempt to be seen as clever and sophisticated.

Not so much the substance itself, but the company it keeps.Jeeping ****. Do people really read that much into what you drink?:rolleyes: I only started the thread as a gag, but the more I see and read about these 'humans' the more I look forward to the imminent environmental meltdown that's going to put us back in the caves... maybe our second chance of evolution will get it right.

Except of course, that people who drink lager and lime with umbrellas really must be gay :D

Crushing Fist
04-03-2006, 07:48 AM
a latte is a cappuccino with more milk and less foam

order it with confidence

if you're brave, try a turkish coffee :cool:

environmental meltdown eminent...

prepare for situation code "road warrior"...

enact survival plan "strangelove"...

anerlich
04-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Right. That does it.

I was going to make ain instant coffee with the powder supplied by my employer, but now I'm walking to the cool coffee shop up the road to order a latte.

Then I'm going to go buy a $600 pair of ripped and worn jeans, and a crapload of skincare products.

(If I had hair, I'd also get a $150 haircut that looks like it was done with a Whippersnipper).

;)