PDA

View Full Version : iron body, iron palm, iron fist,bagua xing yi conection

doug maverick
03-30-2001, 07:13 PM
one of my fathers friend claims he studied ba gua and xing yi but when he showed me the forms i didn't know what was it but it look like xing yi and bagua combined also he knows alot of iron styles and said these were the key elements in his style have you guys seen a style like that that combines xing and bagua with iron body palm and fist,i know he know the iron stuff he gave me a short demo he also wanted me to become his student but i don't know if what he's doing is real or made up.

Leimeng
03-31-2001, 07:31 AM
I would strongly recommend that you stay away from someone who thinks you need iron palm or iron body exercises to improve you Bagua or Hsing-I. While in the short term you will realize some benefits, in the long term it will cause injury to your health, especially your kidneys and heart.
Additionally, Iron Body training will cause you to reduce your sensitivity which is an important part of higher internal arts. If you cant feel a person, then you might end up getting stabbed or shot.
Practice your Bagua and Hsing-I as your instructor teaches it. Dont mix the coffee with the champagne...

Peace,

yi beng, kan xue

fiercest tiger
03-31-2001, 07:58 AM
do you think that all iron palm is bad? with herbs and chi kung to correct energy you will not damage your hands or injure the heart, if done at the right pace and under supervision of your sifu.

There are books around saying iron palm can be dangerous, have you heard of any modern day cases of people dying from iron palm training.

also there are different methods are you talking the crude way of thrusting your hands into pots of rocks and stuff?

peace

bakmeimonk@hotmail.com

doug maverick
03-31-2001, 09:12 PM
about the iron palm many bagua intructors know iron palm one master i forget his name but he invented the the tornado palm was a master at iron palm i'm not worried about the palm stuff. oh and iron body can only affect you if you constantly demotrate it like the monks in shaolin do. cause my fathers friend is well over 80 and he looks about 70.

Braden
03-31-2001, 11:59 PM
There are internal methods of iron body and palm skills which do not affect sensitivity.

However, I think it is impossible to answer the original question. In analogy, it would be the same as posting on a chef's forum "My dad's friend says he's a world famous chef, so I asked him to demonstrate and he made some food with a combination of taste and texture... also, he said he learnt how to make some desserts and showed me some ice cream... so anyway, is he a good chef?"

It would be impossible to say with certainty whether or not someone is skilled without "tasting the wares." However, I'm sure people on this forum could offer some suggestions for you if you had some information like who his teacher is, or what his training is like.