PDA

View Full Version : Question for SifuAbel

KC Elbows
04-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Saw this quote in the other thread:

"It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."

I know a very small smattering of southern animal boxing, and know virtually nothing about what I do know*, but I'm curious if these other things are in keeping with your animal boxing:

1)Snake- snake arms are hard to pin down, they always have a way out, movement is always feeling whether with the arms or legs, and the snake is a patterned creature. Snake on the ground is weird, very apt.

2)Monkey- monkey likes to play, and so monkey is ideal against snake, because monkey can play with snake's patterns. I don't understand the eye stuff, but the basic step(the crouched down deal with rear hand sort of leading the step) I get to some extent. Monkey is a violent mofo.

3)Dragon has no weakness(in the context of the animals fighting), except the broad nature of the curriculum, which can devour you. Twisting, don't know much else.

KC

*I have Rumsfelt.

SifuAbel
04-05-2006, 04:26 PM
Those are common philosophies describing movement. What I meant by my quote was what My Si-gung called. "unleashing the dragon" The letting go of the human impulse and going totally predatory. Totally "animal". Sometimes its hard to reign in the beast.

Oso
04-05-2006, 06:33 PM
I was told at one time that the dragon was all animals. ???

And that there was a pairing between dragon and gold(metal) due to the ability to 'morph' as it were. ???