PDA

View Full Version : David Carradine---wassup with him?

CD Lee
10-21-2001, 07:45 PM
I used to watch Kung Fu with David Carradine every single week when I was a kid. I loved the show. It was the only show where the good martial arts guy gets hit pretty often.

Anyway I was wondering what Carradine's real story is. I thought his speech in the series was just an act, but on his Chi Kunk video he talks just like the series. Is that for real? Any info on what the guy is up to would be appreciated.

So, can the guy really fight? In fact, how many martial arts guys that do hollywood can actually use thier skills in real fights? Like Jackie Chan for instance. He is so fast, I would think if he actually hit me I might pop like a balloon

apoweyn
10-21-2001, 07:50 PM
i don't think too much of carradine, honestly. i heard him interviewed on the radio. when asked how often he trained, he said "as little as possible." granted that could've been a joke. so i'm not taking it too seriously.

but then, the subject of chuck norris came up. carradine said he was too 'commercial.' this from a guy that has instructional videos and, in my opinion, very little to qualify him as an instructor.

i'm no big chuck norris fan, mind you. but at least he's done something constructive with his celebrity status. his drug prevention program seems quite successful.

anyway, back to the topic. i read carradine's book 'spirit of shaolin.' turned out to be as much about his film career as about gung fu.

interesting note: the back of the book has an appendix of styles, courtesy of david carradine. one of the 'styles' is samurai. 'nuff said.

stuart b.

Silumkid
10-21-2001, 08:20 PM
Carradine....PUH-lease!

I've heard some funny stories about this lop. There were a few that made me wonder why Brandon didn't whup him when he had the chance, such as from a David Carradine interview: "I was at the premiere of Enter the Dragon and while I was watching it I felt the spirit of Bruce Lee enter my body."

It must have been sometime after this that there were some stories floating around about how Carradine used to pick fights in Hollywood bars and inevitably get beaten up.

Take it as you will..

We are trained in wushu; we must protect the Temple!

Kung Lek
10-21-2001, 08:31 PM
hahahahaha, here we go!

When Carradine started making teh series he knew Nothing at all. Over time, Kam Yuen sifu and Davdi Chow sifu taught him some things.

The broken speech is a put on. The man is an actor.
His Kung Fu speaks for itself.

His teachers however are bonafide KF men. en and Chow)

I think he doen't like Chuck because Chuck gave him a smack upside the head during the making of Lone Wolf Mcquade. They were doing a fight scene, and as the story goes, Norris told Carradine to cool it on the face shots, he didn't so Chuck dropped him.

Chuck is for real, commercial or not, Carradine has very likely had opportunities to take a good long study of Chinese Martial Arts.

I don't know if he has though, if his videos or books are indicative of anything, he hasn't really gone that deep.

The original show was a great idea though.(it was Bruce Lee's idea)The second iteration (legend continues) has some moments. Peter (the character who is Cains son) has moved on and is now playing a steamy role in "queer as folk", man that was weird to see.

I.....will....help.....you :D
peace

Kung Lek

Martial Arts Links (http://members.home.net/kunglek)

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-21-2001, 08:32 PM
i think his kf ability is a joke, but i actually i heard that he'd been arrested quite a few times for assult. i guess the dude is a little off his rocker and would go up to people saying "i am cain let me help you" and then kick the **** out them. im sure that's not the exact way it went down, if at all, but i'm just doing my part to spread useless and comical celebrity rumors.

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-21-2001, 08:35 PM
what????????

peter is gay??????

say it aint so kung lek ... say it aint so ...

i have never been a huge fan of the show, but i did like it, and seeing peter as a gay dude is just too big of a transition for me.

where's my beer?

Kung Lek
10-21-2001, 08:54 PM
I didn't say that peter was anything, I just said the actor who played peter in legend continues now has a role on queer as folk.

now that's Acting! (thank you John Lovitz :D )

peace

Kung Lek

nightair
10-21-2001, 08:57 PM
well you see..carradine talked normal until he got hit in the back of the head by an angry wookie when he beat the wookie in a push hands competition. :rolleyes:

DOH!!

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-21-2001, 08:58 PM
what's a wookie?

where's my beer?

nightair
10-21-2001, 09:23 PM
You've seen star wars right???A wookie is a big hairy thing.In star wars the wookie was named Chewbacca?? :eek:

DOH!!

PHILBERT
10-21-2001, 09:35 PM
I was wondering, is Kung Fu still on the air? Either the original series or The Lengend Continues? I've never seen the show and was wanting to check it out.

"Awwww, I bent my wookie."
~Ralph Wiggum~

PHILBERT

CD Lee
10-21-2001, 09:37 PM
So the broken speech thing is a put on?!? D@mn.
That is one of his coolest things. You know...William Shattner has the broken speeck thing, and that IS real. Are you guys sure???

And seriously, these are all useless rumors. Does anyone know if the guys knows his stuff or not? You say his kung fu is no good, but is that based on his action flicks?

CD Lee
10-21-2001, 09:43 PM
Is that true that he knew nothing when he started? That would be amazing. How could the guy beat out Bruce Lee for the part????

Although I have really wondered what the series would have been like with Bruce Lee. His English was a little bad, but at least he LOOKED Chinese. I used to wonder when I was a kid, "How do they know he is Chinese when they see him?"

Anyway...I like his Chi Kung video for beginners.

nightair
10-21-2001, 09:46 PM
yeah, I watch that like every day on "TNT" at 4:00 ok clock pacific time

DOH!!

Budokan
10-21-2001, 09:50 PM
Everything I've ever seen Carradine in he's had that broken speech--but it just may be an affectation he uses. Dunno.

No, he can't fight. No, he knew/knows nothing about KF and yes, he was/is a hopeless drunkard. He used to drink bottles of vodka on the KF sets of both series and muff his lines all the time. (I got this juicy info from E!'s True Hollywood Stories: David Carridine.

He's a hopeless f*cking case, but the original KF series was pretty good and I wish they'd show it again. Only the new modern series is shown on TBS, I think, or one of those other half-dozen cookie-cutter networks owned by Ted Turner.

K. Mark Hoover

Kung Lek
10-21-2001, 09:51 PM
I see you haven't heard the story.
Well, Bruce wasn't picked because he was "too chinese for the american public" according to the fuddy duddy studio execs.

Carradine got picked as a result instead being of the famous Carradine family and having a willingness to do the part. Bruce apparently was not happy.

At least that was the angle the Lee family put on it and as well was Linda's explanation in the little part of the biographical (sort of) movie of Bruce called "Dragon".

This is all just hollywood news. But it is known that Carradine was unknowledgeable until after having the opportunity to study with Kam Yuen sifu (3rd season MA choreo director) and David Chow (earlier Choreo director and renegade Siu Lam Monk in one episode)
peace

Kung Lek

nightair
10-21-2001, 09:55 PM
The reason Bruce wasn't picked for the part was because the company was scared to take the chance of Bruce not being accepted by the american public.Thats the reason they gave him.

DOH!!

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-21-2001, 09:58 PM
oh yeah! a wookie.

i wonder what a wookie's chicken sack looks like.

where's my beer?

nightair
10-21-2001, 10:01 PM
It's probably very wookie like, and hairy :eek:

DOH!!

CD Lee
10-21-2001, 10:05 PM
Man, I am very dissapointed. That is sh1t. You know, I get so sick of fake sh1t. The guy was my idol when I was a kid. I guess the idea of Cain is good.

We must...seek..an understanding...of..ourself.

I am going to develop the broken speech as part of my Kung fu training. I think it adds credibility.

Thanks for the information. I love this place.

wu_de36
10-21-2001, 10:13 PM
I'd give Ralek good odds against Carradine

nightair
10-21-2001, 10:16 PM
Jean Claude Van Dam could beat anybody in the world.He is the best martial artist ever. :rolleyes: ;)

DOH!!

Kung Lek
10-21-2001, 10:59 PM
The idea behind the Cain character is an ideal definitely worth aspiring to.

there are plenty of western practitioners who took up martial arts study because of that character, and that is an interesting point in itself.

To me, it points to an inate desire to do good.
In context to our society, I personally feel very good about western society that so many people think like this.

peace

Kung Lek

Ryu
10-22-2001, 12:10 AM
CD Lee,
I have heard Carradine speak the way he normally does. He talks just like a normal guy (reminds me almost of a buisnessman) And he's actually been in quite a few "shady" movies as well.
It's an act. :)

How did he beat out Bruce?? heh heh.....

Well, that's the whole point. :D It did not have anything to do with MA .......

By the way, Mr. Miyagi doesn't have an accent either! :D

Thought I'd destroy that dream too muahahaha

Ryu

http://judoinfo.com/images/kimuraosawa.jpg

"One who takes pride in shallow knowledge or understanding is like a monkey who delights in adorning itself with garbage."

Kung Lek
10-22-2001, 01:03 AM
Ryu, you have exposed miyagi!
For this, you will be waxed into the ground like the scoundrel you are!!!! Hiiiiiyaaa, ryu San!

:D

peace

Kung Lek

CD Lee
10-22-2001, 01:24 AM
This is truly disgusting. Mr. Miyagee?...it's just not the same without the accent.

GeneChing
10-01-2012, 09:33 AM
Bruce Lee vs. David Carradine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1La4Di7Xpw)

sanjuro_ronin
10-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Bruce Lee vs. David Carradine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1La4Di7Xpw)

So that's what the vibrating palm is for !

SPJ
10-01-2012, 10:07 AM
Bruce Lee casted for Kung fu series

but he did not get the part/role.

Most of the fights in Kung fu series

are actually Judo.

In early 1970s,

I remember this and more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5LRBWAt0pI&feature=related

:cool:

Jimbo
10-01-2012, 10:16 AM
I was a young kid when the show came out, and I thought 'kung fu' was supposed to be the character's nickname. At that time, to me, MA meant judo and karate. When I heard that kung fu was referring to Chinese MA*, I thought it was a copy, because I heard it referred to as 'kung fu karate'.

*Yes, I know 'kung fu' means skill developed over time through hard work. But of course, people also use it to refer to CMA.

I always thought the fights on the show looked really unconvincing, and that the cowboys could've grabbed David Carradine's leg when he kicked them, if they wanted to. That show actually gave me a bad first impression of CMA as a fighting art because of DC's skill level, or lack of.

I Hate Ashida Kim
10-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Mr. Miyagi didn't really have an accent?

sanjuro_ronin
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
Mr. Miyagi didn't really have an accent?

Pat Morita spoke without an accent, yes.

I Hate Ashida Kim
10-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Pat Morita spoke without an accent, yes.

brb, checking youtube.

I Hate Ashida Kim
10-01-2012, 01:19 PM
You weren't kidding!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoBeHY1Rvs0&feature=related

sanjuro_ronin
10-01-2012, 01:38 PM
In the TV series Ohara, Pat speaks without an accent.

Jimbo
10-01-2012, 02:47 PM
It's ridiculous in the vid's comments section, the ones who thought Pat Morita couldn't speak English, or they're so surprised he could. Like all people who happen to have Asian ancestry can't speak English, or can only speak it with some 'funny' accent. In this day and age, there's no excuse for such ignorance.

Kellen Bassette
10-01-2012, 03:37 PM
No intention of speaking ill of the dead via auto-erotic asphyxiation...but if people are commenting on an 11 year old post, for what it's worth; I trained under Shi De Ru for a while. Not sure when or where, but according to him, Carradine came to train with him at one point.

I mentioned his name in front of Shifu once and he got mad. He started yelling about how David Carradine doesn't know Kung Fu, he doesn't know anything! I also heard from other students he was very upset at how bad Carridines' Kung Fu was, while he was out representing it....not sure the details, just what I heard...

He was at a Karate tournament I went to as a kid, signing autographs with Cynthia Rothrock...had no idea who either of them were at the time...For the record, I still love the series Kung Fu, Kwai Chang Cain was an awesome character, even named a dog Cain, after him.....

I Hate Ashida Kim
10-01-2012, 07:05 PM
It's ridiculous in the vid's comments section, the ones who thought Pat Morita couldn't speak English, or they're so surprised he could. Like all people who happen to have Asian ancestry can't speak English, or can only speak it with some 'funny' accent. In this day and age, there's no excuse for such ignorance.

Orrrrrrrrrrr it could just be that for many people born between 1970 and 1985 or so, especially living in the midwest or south, the Karate Kid was the first exposure they had to Asians and Karate, and it was imprinted in their head that Mr. Miyagi had an accent.

It's not that anyone is shocked that someone of "Asian ancestry... can only speak [English] with some 'funny' accent."

It's that growing up we watched that movie 100s of times, and Mr. Miyagi had an accent.

Mr. Miyagi had an accent.

Best defense is no be there.

It's ingrained in our minds.

And then we see Mr. Miyagi (Pat Morita, but it's still Mr. Miyagi to us because we have him typecasted as Mr. Miyagi) speaking without an accent?

WHAT? :eek: :eek: :eek:

We've never seen that before.

It's not that we've never seen an Asian speak without an accent before :rolleyes:

It's that we've never seen Mr. Miyagi speak without an accent before.

Ever seen a white person speak Chinese without an accent? It has a similar "wtf" effect the first few times you see it.

Way to imply racism in your post, though.

PalmStriker
10-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I watched Kung Fu as a teenager, was waiting the whole series to have the camera actually show someone really kicking ass. Billy Jack movie, slightly better but no cigar. Thank God (but mostly Buddha) for Shaw Bros. Action packed asskickin' full length features with ancient asskickin' scripts, Chi-Babes, cool sound effects, cool costume/wardrobe, etc. :D The only place back then to see real kungfu action. :), asskick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5vDpZBGt8k&feature=related

Jimbo
10-01-2012, 11:29 PM
Orrrrrrrrrrr it could just be that for many people born between 1970 and 1985 or so, especially living in the midwest or south, the Karate Kid was the first exposure they had to Asians and Karate, and it was imprinted in their head that Mr. Miyagi had an accent.

It's not that anyone is shocked that someone of "Asian ancestry... can only speak [English] with some 'funny' accent."

It's that growing up we watched that movie 100s of times, and Mr. Miyagi had an accent.

Best defense is no be there.

It's ingrained in our minds.

And then we see Mr. Miyagi (Pat Morita, but it's still Mr. Miyagi to us because we have him typecasted as Mr. Miyagi) speaking without an accent?

WHAT? :eek: :eek: :eek:

We've never seen that before.

It's not that we've never seen an Asian speak without an accent before :rolleyes:

It's that we've never seen Mr. Miyagi speak without an accent before.

Ever seen a white person speak Chinese without an accent? It has a similar "wtf" effect the first few times you see it.

Way to imply racism in your post, though.

I did not say racism, I said ignorance. While racism is ignorance, ignorance in and of itself is not always racism. :rolleyes: The guy who says "he talks good English" appears to be Chinese by his handle.

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2012, 05:29 AM
The Miyagi character was suppose to be an Okinawan that had imigrated to the US pre-WW2 and that had fought for the USA in WW2.
The accent, which was very typical of that generation, was in character.
The sensei that Miyagi was based on, Fumio Demura who was also his stunt double, had an accent also so I think there was that influence also.
Funny thing is that while Miyagi was obviously Goju, Demura was a ****o-ryu expert and the Choreographer, Pat Johnson, was Tang soo Do I think.

Faruq
10-02-2012, 07:17 AM
I watched Kung Fu as a teenager, was waiting the whole series to have the camera actually show someone really kicking ass. Billy Jack movie, slightly better but no cigar. Thank God (but mostly Buddha) for Shaw Bros. Action packed asskickin' full length features with ancient asskickin' scripts, Chi-Babes, cool sound effects, cool costume/wardrobe, etc. :D The only place back then to see real kungfu action. :), asskick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5vDpZBGt8k&feature=related

I agree. The gong fu in the pilot episode of Kung Fu was the illest gong fu of the whole series (Wasn't the pilot choreographed by Ark Y Wong?)!

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2012, 07:28 AM
I agree. The gong fu in the pilot episode of Kung Fu was the illest gong fu of the whole series (Wasn't the pilot choreographed by Ark Y Wong?)!

I believe the choreography was by Praying Mantis master Kam Yuen (SP?)
In all fairness to whoever did it, they were working with David Carradine, enough said.

Jimbo
10-02-2012, 07:43 AM
The Miyagi character was suppose to be an Okinawan that had imigrated to the US pre-WW2 and that had fought for the USA in WW2.
The accent, which was very typical of that generation, was in character.
The sensei that Miyagi was based on, Fumio Demura who was also his stunt double, had an accent also so I think there was that influence also.
Funny thing is that while Miyagi was obviously Goju, Demura was a ****o-ryu expert and the Choreographer, Pat Johnson, was Tang soo Do I think.

True.
My parents were Nisei (second-generation), and my father, his brothers, along with many of his generation, also had a somewhat distinctive speech pattern, not like Miyagi, but which I'm reminded of when I've heard some older Native Americans speak.

Back to Kung Fu, IMO the very best part of the whole thing was the temple demo sequence in the pilot, with Ark Wong, Kam Yuen(?), and some others. But the pilot, and probably the earlier episodes, were choreographed by David Chow.

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2012, 07:58 AM
True.
My parents were Nisei (second-generation), and my father, his brothers, along with many of his generation, also had a somewhat distinctive speech pattern, not like Miyagi, but which I'm reminded of when I've heard some older Native Americans speak.

Back to Kung Fu, IMO the very best part of the whole thing was the temple demo sequence in the pilot, with Ark Wong, Kam Yuen(?), and some others. But the pilot, and probably the earlier episodes, were choreographed by David Chow.

Yes, that flash back scene to the shaolin temple was very good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78GUyVESgqk

TenTigers
10-02-2012, 09:37 AM
The pilot was amazing-for its time.
I was about 14-15 when it came out. I had read everything I could get my hands on about Kung-Fu-which was:
Bruce Tegner's Complete Book of Karate (which had about six page isn the back on Kung-Fu)
Secrets of Chinese Karate, by Ed Parker-an entire section about the entrance to Shaolin and the graduation, including the urn with the brands, etc.
The Karate Dojo, by Peter Urban-which had a section on the Shaolin Temple as well.
When this show came on, I was astonished. I thought I was one of the only people on the face of the earth that knew about the Shaolin Temple, the urn with the brands, etc.
The series was inspiring. The combination of culture, philosophy, and martial arts was forever embedded upon my soul.
Now, David Carradine..?
Too much alcohol, drugs and a spoiled brat lifestyle. Completely delusional.
Did you see the series,"Kung-Fu, the legend continues?" After how many years, no, decades, and all this guy can do is a sloppy crescent kick and a palm strike?
I've had poor students...but no one near as poor a student as him.

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2012, 09:44 AM
The pilot was amazing-for its time.
I was about 14-15 when it came out. I had read everything I could get my hands on about Kung-Fu-which was:
Bruce Tegner's Complete Book of Karate (which had about six page isn the back on Kung-Fu)
Secrets of Chinese Karate, by Ed Parker-an entire section about the entrance to Shaolin and the graduation, including the urn with the brands, etc.
The Karate Dojo, by Peter Urban-which had a section on the Shaolin Temple as well.
When this show came on, I was astonished. I thought I was one of the only people on the face of the earth that knew about the Shaolin Temple, the urn with the brands, etc.
The series was inspiring. The combination of culture, philosophy, and martial arts was forever embedded upon my soul.
Now, David Carradine..?
Did you see the series,"Kung-Fu, the legend continues?" After how many years, no, decades, and all this guy can do is a sloppy crescent kick and a palm strike?

Kung Fu the legend was filmed here in Toronto, I did security on the set a few times, one of my instructors friends, Rico Chin, was a stuntman/extra sometimes on that series.
DC was an ass but everyone said it was his drinking problems...me...

His stunt double suck almost as much as he did.

taai gihk yahn
10-02-2012, 09:48 AM
asskick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5vDpZBGt8k&feature=related

lol - the German title translates as "Death-song of Shaolin" - awesome!

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2012, 09:53 AM
Kung Fu and Kung Fu the legend were one of those "what if" series.
What if the lead actor was actually a good actor AND a great MA?

GeneChing
10-02-2012, 10:06 AM
DC was an ass but everyone said it was his drinking problems...me...
I just saw this t-shirt that said something of the effect of "Rules on how not to be an ***-hole. Rule #1: Don't be an ***-hole."

sanjuro_ronin
10-02-2012, 10:09 AM
I just saw this t-shirt that said something of the effect of "Rules on how not to be an ***-hole. Rule #1: Don't be an ***-hole."

Common sense and kung fu?
Jou crazy man !

SPJ
10-02-2012, 10:28 AM
I remember my brothers and I wanted to watch some fight scenes.

But there were a lot of talk and recalling past events.

They "fight" only at the very end.

Usually for a min or so, it was over.

Fell asleep before the episodes got to the end.

--

Love the music and the flute

banjo etc

Hey.

I love music.

--

At the same time, Jackie Chan and bruce lee movies were with little talk and fights from the beginning to the end.

small fights got bigger and bigger.

and final or end fights were the "gems".

busy watching hands and feet.

background music not important.

--

:D

bawang
10-02-2012, 11:02 AM

carridine himself stated he was never into asian culture or marital arts. he got popular by accident and clung on to it.

David Jamieson
10-02-2012, 11:07 AM
It is an odd thing with some Kung fu people. Getting all caught up in the Chinese culture thing. I mean hey, I enjoy it too! But some guys take it to the extreme...like Carradine did with his pausing speech and squinting his eyes.

Kind of insulting.

taai gihk yahn
10-02-2012, 11:55 AM
It is an odd thing with some Kung fu people. Getting all caught up in the Chinese culture thing. I mean hey, I enjoy it too! But some guys take it to the extreme...like Carradine did with his pausing speech and squinting his eyes.

Kind of insulting.

well, to be fair, I think the pauses and squinty eyes were from something else...but hey, it worked for him, right?

GeneChing
10-02-2012, 11:59 AM
his pausing speech and squinting his eyes. Actually, that's kind of the way he was. It wasn't like he was doing some sort of stereotyped impression/caricature. He was just like that. Now, he may have been cast in the role because he was like that, but I wouldn't fault Carradine for being like that. You can get some sense of that even in the interview I did with him four years ago: David Carradine in Spike TV's KUNG FU KILLER (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=779).

For the record, that was a phoner interview. I met him on a different occasion. In fact, he called me back after because he had been doing phoners all day and thought I had missed him. He left a very courteous message, which is uncharacteristic because when someone is doing a day of phoners, it's a lot of work, a lot of answering the same questions over and over again, and there's this urge to be done, so when it's over they seldom follow up like that. I still have that message saved on my voicemail.

SPJ
10-02-2012, 12:00 PM
my favorite episode

music that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhtKe-fgU2A

:cool:

taai gihk yahn
10-02-2012, 12:02 PM
I still have that message saved on my voicemail.

please tell me you don't listen to it dressed in ballet tutu...
http://www.mondo-digital.com/ruling2.jpg

GeneChing
10-02-2012, 12:06 PM
please tell me you don't listen to it dressed in ballet tutu...
I DO NOT LISTEN TO DAVID CARRADINE'S VOICEMAIL IN A BALLET TUTU. :rolleyes:

Your brain goes to some really dark places sometimes, tgy.

taai gihk yahn
10-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Your brain goes to some really dark places sometimes, tgy.

to be fair, I was pretty normal until I started hanging with this crowd...

Lucas
10-02-2012, 12:17 PM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/christenakitty/jesus/cyborg_pirate_ninja_jesus.jpg

GeneChing
10-02-2012, 12:35 PM
please tell me you don't read our forum dressed in cyborg pirate ninja jesus ballet tutu...

Lucas
10-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Dressed? Bro, its the uniform of my Order..minus the tutu. No Mercy.

http://991.com/newGallery/Slayer-Show-No-Mercy-479261.jpg

Scott R. Brown
10-03-2012, 08:54 AM
to be fair, I was pretty normal until I started hanging with this crowd...

Hmmm, I think the auto-erotic asphyxiation talk was just a joke, you weren't supposed to actually do it yourself!!!:eek:

Leave such deep Qi Qong practices to the experts like Hendrik and David Carradine!

GeneChing
10-03-2012, 10:56 AM
"What kind of idiot goes to Thailand to masturbate?" :p

David Jamieson
10-03-2012, 12:37 PM

Holy crap, I literally spit my coffee out at this...ha!

taai gihk yahn
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM

Ironic Man?

taai gihk yahn
10-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Hmmm, I think the auto-erotic asphyxiation talk was just a joke, you weren't supposed to actually do it yourself!!!:eek:

Leave such deep Qi Qong practices to the experts like Hendrik and David Carradine!

don't you have some small woodland creatures to disembowel?

Scott R. Brown
10-08-2012, 03:30 AM
don't you have some small woodland creatures to disembowel?

Already finished with the skinning, dressing, and eating!

Now I am supervising the world until my Lord and Savior returns!

taai gihk yahn
10-08-2012, 08:44 AM

u may want to talk to these guys about how well that works out...

http://www.robin-williams.net/images/plays/godot/image03.jpg

Scott R. Brown
10-08-2012, 11:36 AM

u may want to talk to these guys about how well that works out...

http://www.robin-williams.net/images/plays/godot/image03.jpg

The longer he takes, or she takes, or he/she takes, or it takes, the more time I have to create the perfect world in my own image of perfection!

Being the world class narcist I am, it's my Divine right!:p

GeneChing
12-07-2017, 10:04 AM
I don't mean to speak ill of the dead (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?54141-RIP-David-Carradine), but this popped up on my newsfeed this morning.

40 YEARS OF PAGE SIX
40 years of Page Six: The ridiculous side of celebrity (https://pagesix.com/2017/12/07/40-years-of-page-six-the-ridiculous-side-of-celebrity/)
By Michael Kaplan December 7, 2017 | 11:54am
New York has long reigned as the chosen city for misbehaving celebs — whether they’ve been caught canoodling with one another or spotted sneaking out of jiggle joints. Over the course of Page Six’s 40-year ascent, the column has broken celebrity news about babies being born and stars getting busted, Lindsay Lohan stripping down at a wedding and Charlie Sheen’s giving to Charity. Robert Mitchum’s airplane **** made The Page as did details on Gordon Ramsay stripping down an underling, wrapping him in plastic and pushing the poor sod outside. Here is a selection of our favorite dispatches from the star-studded frontlines.

CARRADINE’S COMPLAINTS

In what may be one of the oddest Hollywood lawsuits of all time, “Kung Fu” star David Carradine sued producers in 1982 over losing a fight — on film. Carradine agreed to play the villain in the film “Lone Wolf McQuade” on certain conditions: 1. He wouldn’t have to kill a woman in cold blood, and 2. He would not be defeated in hand-to-hand combat by co-star Chuck Norris. When Carradine saw a rough cut, he discovered that through some fancy editing, he lost a fight to Norris, although it hadn’t been shot that way. Carradine’s lawyer said the change “ruins his ‘Kung Fu’ image.”