PDA

View Full Version : Why would Chris Serras say that??!!!

Green Cloud
04-08-2006, 05:30 PM
I just got off the Phone with Phil Redmond and I was shocked when he told me that Chris serras told him that he was my partner or that he was the owner of green cloud!!! On top of that He is going around telling people I owe him money!!!!!

Let me make this very clear, this is catagorically not true. After helping this guy open his first school I watched him run it into the ground. After his wife dumped him I as a fellow kung fu bro lent him a hand.

I let him run classes in my school for over a year just so he can get back on his feet. By the way I have been running my school for over 20 years and I have only known Chris for 5 years.

This guy had access to my schools, my students and home. And I get repaid by him telling people he owns my school. Are you ****ing kidding me!!!!

Was I fooled by him yup but I forgave this guy many times. I'm not a chump but I am a Buddist and never take anything personally but this is over the top!!!!!

What the **** has gone wrong with Martial virtue???

greencloud.net

us0kch
04-08-2006, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna sound like a troll saying this, but i met chris serras about 4 yrs ago when he had his school in the port jeff/mt. sinai area of long island, I definetely did NOT get a good vibe of the guy. He came across (to me at least) a bit arrogant and ****y, and when I asked him if i could just sit in and watch a class, he "hemmed and haw'd" and was hesitant about me doing so.

I mean c'mon, just to watch in on a class! I said to him if he didn't want me to, it was alrite, but I knew I wasn't going to join a school that wouldn't let me sit in and just watch. Of course, he did let me watch the class, but again, I dont' think he was too happy with that choice. In all the school's I've visited, including karate schools, I've never had the instructor of the school hesitate to let me sit in and watch their class, let alone try a class for free!

I won't speak about the guy's personal problems here because I don't know of them, but to some extent, I'm not surprised of what green cloud is saying either.

just my .02

anerlich
04-08-2006, 10:45 PM
I just got off the Phone with Phil Redmond

Did you really have to bring Phil into this?

Green Cloud
04-09-2006, 06:42 AM
I'm not bringing Phil into anything, I respect Phil and I am friends with Phil. He hasn't done anything wrong, but that's where I goy my info. I heard these rumors from other people, but when some one like Phil tells me something like this I had to respond.

The point is that me and Phil and Chris all know each other so can Chris tell his fello training bros such lies. It's common sense that if you tell lies it's bound to catch up with you.

I have warned Chris about spreading lies like this and Phil was just giving me heads up.

Don't get me wrong I still talk to Chris and have confronted him with these issues. I just thought that we had gotten past this so it hurt my feelings to hear these lies.

You might say why can't you just keep this in a PM??? I have but with Sifu Serras The only way I can keep it for real is if I go on line and expose him.

I don't have the time to call everyone up and say hey this isn't true.

Ultimatewingchun
04-09-2006, 08:30 AM
"I have warned Chris about spreading lies like this and Phil was just giving me heads up.

Don't get me wrong I still talk to Chris and have confronted him with these issues. I just thought that we had gotten past this so it hurt my feelings to hear these lies.

You might say why can't you just keep this in a PM??? I have but with Sifu Serras The only way I can keep it for real is if I go on line and expose him."

***IF YOUR STORY is true, GreenCloud...then I agree, exposure is the best way to go. And furthermore, if what you say is true, then maybe it's time for another face-to-face with Chris Serras to straighten things out once and for all.

Phil Redmond
04-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Did you really have to bring Phil into this?
I agree with that one.
PR

Phil Redmond
04-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I just got off the Phone with Phil Redmond and I was shocked when he told me that Chris serras told him that he was my partner or that he was the owner of green cloud!!! On top of that He is going around telling people I owe him money!!!!!

Let me make this very clear, this is catagorically not true. After helping this guy open his first school I watched him run it into the ground. After his wife dumped him I as a fellow kung fu bro lent him a hand.

I let him run classes in my school for over a year just so he can get back on his feet. By the way I have been running my school for over 20 years and I have only known Chris for 5 years.

Oh yea I'm not sure he mentioned to Phil that he was all cracked out and sat on my coutch every knight as I offered him tea and taught him choy lee fut. I cleaned this crack head up and even intoduced him to his new girl friend.

This guy had access to my schools, my students and home. And I get repaid by him telling people he owns my school. Are you ****ing kidding me!!!!

I am one of the most respected sifu's in the country do you people think I would partner up with a pathological sosiopath like that???

Was I fooled by him yup but I forgave this guy many times. I'm not a chump but I am a Buddist and never take anything personally but this is over the top!!!!!

I think that you guys should keep this fool in check and oh yea some one owes me an oppology for having to deal with this chump. In my organization we get rid of guys that are not MO Duck!!!!

My assosiation with this con artist tainted my rep. What the **** has gone wrong with Martial virtue???

greencloud.net
Gus, you and I both have issues with Chris and I understand how you feel. Outing him is one thing but, to slander him (whether it's true or not), like you did wasn't Mo Duk IMHO. I think it was a little over the top. We don't want to get like the VTAA forum here do we?
PR

Green Cloud
04-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Youre right Phill, But as far as slander goes I told the truth. Isn't slander when someone tries to ruin your rep by spreading lies. I feel slandered and I have to come out and tell the truth emough is enough.

Phil you know I bit my tonge for a long time. As far as confronting this guy I have and it does no good. I had no alternative in my buiss my rep is what makes me a success. I f some one hurts your rep whell it cost you money, and Chris has cost me money with his bad work ethic and lies.

Green Cloud
04-09-2006, 11:28 AM
At least I have enough ethics to not talk behind his back and to confront him publicly. I have quite a few flame wars in the past but I tell you this issues were resolved. I'm not trying to hurt Chris but trying to set him strait and the record strait.

My honor is at stake and well if I'm going to have respect for Serras he is going to have to deal with me openly in front of all his peers. I have nothing to hide neither should he unless he is lying.

Like Jesus said the truth will set you free. Acountability is the equalizer for responsibility. I want an oppology on the forum to make things good between me and him.

Phil Redmond
04-09-2006, 11:45 AM
Youre right Phill, But as far as slander goes I told the truth. Isn't slander when someone tries to ruin your rep by spreading lies. I feel slandered and I have to come out and tell the truth emough is enough.

Phil you know I bit my tonge for a long time. As far as confronting this guy I have and it does no good. I had no alternative in my buiss my rep is what makes me a success. I f some one hurts your rep whell it cost you money, and Chris has cost me money with his bad work ethic and lies.
Thanks for agreeing with me on that. You have my respect and I understand your need to vent.
PR

Lama Pai Sifu
04-09-2006, 03:26 PM
I think there is some confusion of terms here.

Sifu Kaparos - You did not slander Chris Serras on this forum. Slander is in spoken form, Lible is written. Lible would suggest that you are not telling the truth. Knowing you, this is not the case.

Chris Serras however has committed slander if he indeed said what you posted. If he wrote it down; Lible.

Just clarifying my KF brothers...

Here is some exact definations:

Slander = words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another

Lible = consisting of false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person:

More and more, I read about people being sued for what they say on the internet. It used to be Magazines and Newspapers. Now they say the internet reaches more people than any other medium and people are starting to pursue actual litigation. We all need to be informed. We've probably all said things on these forums that could actually get us into trouble. Everyone needs to be more careful. But..you can PM the HELL out of someone... :)

anerlich
04-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Slander is in spoken form, Lible is written.

Since we're nitpicking, the correct spelling is libel

Green Cloud
04-09-2006, 04:44 PM
are you kidding me I'm sure we all know what liable is no matter how it is spelled. Any way'm just seetimg the record strait and I am prepared to go to court if I am wrong but I'm not so thanks for the advice everyone but I don't care I have proof and witnesses. I am still awating my apology from Mr. Chris serras. The fact the he has not yet responded is proof enough.

Phil Redmond
04-09-2006, 07:36 PM
I think there is some confusion of terms here.

Sifu Kaparos - You did not slander Chris Serras on this forum. Slander is in spoken form, Lible is written. Lible would suggest that you are not telling the truth. Knowing you, this is not the case.

Chris Serras however has committed slander if he indeed said what you posted. If he wrote it down; Lible.

Just clarifying my KF brothers...

Here is some exact definations:

Slander = words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another

Lible = consisting of false and malicious publication printed for the purpose of defaming a living person:

More and more, I read about people being sued for what they say on the internet. It used to be Magazines and Newspapers. Now they say the internet reaches more people than any other medium and people are starting to pursue actual litigation. We all need to be informed. We've probably all said things on these forums that could actually get us into trouble. Everyone needs to be more careful. But..you can PM the HELL out of someone... :)
Thanks for your correction and Andrew's. ;)
PR

Lama Pai Sifu
04-10-2006, 04:30 AM
I made a typo...

Libel is correct. Not Lible.

This is different from "Liable".

Thanks for the correction. :)

Green Cloud
04-10-2006, 04:48 AM
hey buddy you certanly are up early this morning, thanks for the clarification but I'm sure we all understood what you meant.

Green Cloud
04-10-2006, 05:00 AM
Let me point out that I'm not trying to create a flame war here. Mike Sifu Serras was actually a good friend so I thought. I just tried to help him out when he was down an out. Infact since this guy has known me I have probably done more for him than anyone in his life.

This guy just has a problem with telling the truth and I am here to simply state that things that this guy has mentioned are a total fabrication.

Instead of telling his training brothers the truth like how I basically saved his life and gave him a helping hand. He chooses to fabricate these tall tales about owning Green Cloud and being my partner or something.

chris serras
04-10-2006, 09:35 AM
yes i did tell my wing chun bro that i have partner up with a chi li fut guy in long island and also you were their when i said this(nj) and than it got were this is now and the money you did say that you would for my wave master that are in your school you had alot of students kickboxing and not alot of bags so you said at my opening you be their you had alot of things going on and yes you did help in alot of ways and yes storys do change but you know me my heart is full of gold some time it means well or sometime it hurts us all so call me gus and now its phil turn i did not do to hurt you by the e mail at all i just didn't thing before i sent it and din't think you wouldn't get mad becauce its sifu so call me too

chris serras
04-10-2006, 11:28 AM
wow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,just reading this stuff you guys said yes and no but the ball will roll to your side because my mouth (you are so right ) but you are wrong to but lets but it to rest now even thy kung fu brother is in the worng

splinter
04-10-2006, 11:34 AM
How about some punctuation?

lkfmdc
04-10-2006, 12:59 PM
Gus is my training brother, but other than that, I'd also like to see this resolved, as I was under the impression he and Chris were FRIENDS! :eek:

yes i did tell my wing chun bro that i have partner up with a chi li fut guy in long island

It sounds like you didn't think you were doing something wrong (if that's all you said) but technically, you aren't his partner. You are working out of his school... there IS a difference

the money you did say that you would for my wave master that are in your school

No offense, but assuming even that Gus DOES owe you some cash for a wave master, what is that? A few hundred bucks at most? You want to ruin a friendship just because he hasn't haned you the cash yet? :confused:

you said at my opening you be their you had alot of things going on and yes you did help in alot of ways

:confused: :confused: Honestly, I am not sure what you wrote, are you saying Gus didn't show up at yur opening? If you're angry at him about that, take it up with him, don't spread false info and lead people to belive something else about the man that isn't true

Green Cloud
04-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Lets try to clear this all up

1) I let you sublet space from me for over a year so you can get back on your feet.

2) the agreement that we made is that you would give me 500 dollars a month to sublet space.

3) Based on your poor work ethic you never showed up to teach your classes and student's would quit.

4) Since I didn't need the money I never asked you for your montly rent since I was trying to help a brother out.

5) you took out advertisements under my buiss. name and never paid for them

6) I asked you not to do any buiss. with my students wich you went and did anyway. You poor Buiss. dealings with these peole caused them to drop out of my scool since you were telling everybody I was your partner. This made me guilty by association.

7) I lost thousands of dollars because of your actions.

8) When you decided it was time to go, or should I say when I decided you had to leave the school I asked you to leave 3 wave masters that were used because I needed them.

9) I thought that was the least that you could do, but I didn't even get a thank you.

10) Lets see I gave you a space to run your school for free. Use of phones electricity keys to my school and I introduced you to the entire kung fu comunity.

11) I was there for you even even your friends and family turned their backs on you

So after all that You are harping about 200 bucks!! Are you kidding me?? And you told respected Sifus that you were my partner and owner of Green Cloud, and oh yea you told Phil and others that you could beat me and that your kung fu was better. That's a good one especialy since Phil and some of your training bros tested me out. I'm sure that they would have to disagree.

Did you ever hear of the saying that you don't bite the hand that feeds you. I guess not

chris serras
04-11-2006, 05:52 AM
let me tell you all that yes sifu gus traping skills are good but gus come on now do you think you did not tell others that you can beet me yes you did but i didn't ( no names ) say nothing just hm hm.gus in the other hand you told me when i have got 20-30 stundents that i will pay you so you said that i didn't have 4 stundent also i'm doing very good now with out your help or any one else was not complaning about the bags it only what we agreed in the kic, i guss you won't call me this is much better for you ( words hurts more the the fist) that's cool gus so are we puting it to rest now to all that or reading this i'm trying to end this stuff we are both from the same island his kwoon is about 6 miles down from me also he got my twoway and house ,cell, e-mail fax post card now don't write no more stuff about me because( some ) are not true some of our secrets stayed with me right!no more writing about me on bad terms .

Green Cloud
04-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Ok Chris, don't get me wrong, I never wanted to bring this out on the forum. As far who can beat who I did nothing but promote you and william chueng's win chun.

Remember whether I say stuff on the forum or behind your back the martial arts is a small community and word gets around fast.

What ever you say will get back to me no matter what. Just speak the truth and we can still be brothers. If you insist on braging and telling fibs it will eventualy get back to me.

I have been hearing rumors about things that you have said from many people including from people in your organization. This is the first time I decided to speak up to teach you a lesson.

I reluctantly started this thread to set the record strait, my rep is very important to me. You are right we both live on an island and it's very small, so you can see that when someone tells lies about you it will get back to you.

I wish you only the best of luck and have no ill feelings toward you but I have to protect the rep of Green Cloud. Personaly I think I handled this in a diplomatic way. You know if it was anyone else talking ****e I would have chalenged that individual and then beaten them. because of our relation ship I thought this was the best way to keep you in check.

Believe it or not this hurt me more than you and I did not enjoy airing this in publick. Consider this a lesson and that's all. The good thing is that the wing chung forum is not as active as other forums. Not many individuals read it except for your homeys.

This thread will eventualy die so happy Easter.

greencloud.net

Green Cloud
04-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Oh yea Greek easter is this sunday and I'm doing a lamb roast if you wanna stop buy. Just because of you have acted in the past doesn't mean I don't love ya, but I got to do what I got to do to protect my kwoon. Your brother Manga:(

greencloud.net

John L
04-24-2006, 10:40 AM
If you want to know a Sifu ask his student. I am not posting this to reply or add to the washroom chatter
( I would not waste my time) this post is for anyone who has formed an opinion of my Sifu by what they have read here .
I was a student of Sifu Serras’ in Mt. Sinai, then one of the few students of his at green cloud, and have recently begun attending his new school. I did not plan on returning; a back injury from work has left me unable to do many activities without pain; but my Sifu would call to check on me and he would always invite me to class . Wanting to return I took my Vicodin, attended class and paid the price when I came home, but to my surprise my back is healing - Thanks to my Sifu and Wing Chun.
My wife drives a school bus, and had a young boy with CP who was interested in Kung Fu. He would have her ask me many questions. My wife asked me to ask my Sifu if this boy could watch a class. When he learned the kid had no parents and lived in his aunt’s home with his sisters and had no way of paying tuition he gave him a uniform and took him as student. Not trying to embarrass my Sifu with flattery just want to let people know that, to my Sifu: Wing Chun comes first. I don’t have to tell any Sifu’s that opening a school is no “get rich quick” scheme. When my Sifu was trying to get his school off the ground he worked a job before and after class. To some, martial virtue is a outward projection of what they want others to see, sometimes no more then a thin veneer. Look close enough and it’s easy to see Sifu Serras comes from the heart.
As a junior it is not my place to advise Sifus how to conduct themselves so it is with all due respect that I say: be careful what you post, more often then not it is the people who do the talking that lose respect more then the ones they are talking about .

t.j
04-24-2006, 01:24 PM
more often then not it is the people who do the talking that lose respect more then the ones they are talking about .
That is very well put,and i give you a lot of credit for sticking up for your sifu,as long as he is true to you than who cares what people have to say. Stay true brother..

Green Cloud
04-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Jhon L, How are you I'm glad that you support your Sifu no matter what that is a great virtue. Loyalty is very rare thing to come buy now a days and it realy hurts when that loyalty is broken.

I'm sure you know how close I was to Serras, I was there for your sifu when everyone turned their backs so I in turn expected some kind of loyalty in return. Instead Sifu Serras chose to smere my name. I know you may not understand and you are going to believe your Sifu's word over mine so I'm not going to rehash this.

As far as your statement " More often then not it is people who do the talking that lose respect" Your right and that was my problem with your Sifu, the spreading of gossip behind my back and to top it off they were lies.

As far as the rest of your statement " more than the ones they are talking about "
keep in mind I never spread any gossip I just decided to set the record strait. I know it may seem harsh but I didn't spread lies behind his back instead I vented on a publick forum

Sifu Serras can openly defend him self. Please try to understand I gave the man many chances he just went to far. I had no choice as far as turning the other cheek I turned both of them.

greencloud.net

Green Cloud
04-26-2006, 08:11 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

John L
04-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Hi Sifu Gus. I am doing well, but I am very sorry that you feel that my Sifu has done you so wrong and that you have taken up this vendetta against him. You say that you are only speaking the truth, but, there are things that you have written that are not so true and; there are some truths that have not been told

I can not comment at all on how my Sifu has done you so wrong I know that you feel very strongly that he has. In my life I have never heard a bad word against you and I feel badly that things come to this as far as business arrangements at Green Cloud. The only time I ever heard the two of you discuss business was on the way to the NJ seminar. I am sure it was just two Sifu’s brainstorming but the two of you talked business ventures all the way there.

As trivial as this may sound, I am replying to something you said that was not true in a earlier post. Your statement about my Sifu claimed that he lost students because of his poor work ethic and not showing up for class. When I was taking his class at Green Cloud and there were only a few of us, it was by prior arrangement that we would contact each other by phone if we weren’t going to be there for class. If I ever showed up for class and he was not there, there would always be a missed message on my machine
(small price to pay for a private or semi private )

It seems to me you have strayed far from the Buddhist path on this one. I don’t know what you hope to accomplish and I can’t see what good will come of it all. If I were a prospective student and logged on to this site I wouldn’t join any of the Sifus’ schools that have posted on this page. But this being a Wing Chun page I guess you don’t have to worry. Do not hold it against me for speaking so freely on these matters because I think very highly of you. It may not be my place to say the things that I have. It is very distasteful to be doing so, but, if I did not I would be doing a disservice to my Sifu. Talk to him if he feels he has done you any wrong he will find a way to make amends if it can not be resolved, let it go!

The only other post I would address here is the one that states that my Sifu wouldn’t let you watch a class It is distracting for students to be stared at while training. If I remember correctly you could try a class after filing out a questionnaire. But, if you got a bad vibe from my Sifu it probably wasn’t the school for you anyway.

You can all waste your time bashing my Sifu. I find it sad that you all have nothing better to do with your time. As for me I will leave this page with a little story .

There once was a young man who wished to become enlightened. Hearing of a place by a river where great teachers met to discuss the nature of the world; he set off on his journey. When he arrived, the teachers were discussing the nature of reality. One teacher pointed to a pile of rocks and asked “Do those rocks exist?” They meditated on the pile of rocks for a long time. Then, one teacher said “Nothing is permanent, so the rocks can not exist.” they meditated again for a long time. Then one teacher said “If I close my eyes I can still see the rocks in my head, so, they must exist.” They all did so, and the great teachers agreed .
Upon hearing this great teaching ,the young man got up, bowed and left. Knowing full well he could not learn from teachers in who.s head's rock's existed .

Green Cloud
04-27-2006, 06:50 AM
Hello Jhon L, I hoped you would call me instead of posting more of this on line. First of all I don't hate your Sifu, but the fact is that during his stay at Green Cloud he didn't conduct himself in an apropriate manner, It's not what he did to me but to other people.

If you read the thread I said all I was going to say to him and even invited him to dinner. This is why I said I didn't want to rehash this. This would be a dead thread if you didn't start talking about this again.

All I did was give your sifu a dose of his own medicine, lets leave it at that. Notice how none of his training brothers came to his defense, somethings just make you go HMMM.

As far as I'm concerned this is just one brother teaching onother brother a well deserved lesson. If you guys keep on posting your well intentioned but un informed comments, I will have no choice but to defend my actions. My advise is to let this thread die, than it will go away.

Out of respect for you, I ask that you call me for I feel it's innapropriate to talk about this any longer. This is not a very active forum so it's ok this will pass just like the weeks past since I made those statements.

I'm not angry at Sifu Serras anymore, life is to short and I forgive him that's my nature. Everyone in this buiss. that knows me understands how I am. I am brutaly honest and the truth sometimes hurts just like lies do. Please understand my intentions are good

I wish Sifu Serras the best of luck and I'd like to note that what ever I have said here had to do with buiss. and in no way is a reflexion of his teaching abilities. I think he is a great kung fu instuctor, if he applies him self and improves his work ethic he will be a sucsess.

I garranty you that that one day sifu serras will thank me. Joy Gin

Sihing73
04-27-2006, 08:15 AM
Hello,

I know one sure way to kill this thread and have done so by closing it. I agree that continued posting serves no purpose.