PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on colds and immune system

viper
04-10-2006, 07:59 PM
I am consitantly getting sick like with colds and flus i live in a hot area. I train 2 hours a day but I am cutting it back to 1 hour just wanting any info on making my immune system stronger or nething that fights this thorn in my side because I want to achieve and this keeps impeading it. Alot of people say train less but thats a suicide mission for me I hav a addiction and I will not. I am taking 2 days rest but I will be back at it. Any advice would be great.

Luke Snabaitis

GeneChing
04-11-2006, 09:30 AM
Ban Lan Gen. Don't go to China without it. ;)

Chief Fox
04-11-2006, 09:36 AM
More sleep. Or take naps to get more rest.

couch
04-11-2006, 09:45 AM
After you've gotten over a cold, go buy the patent herb:
Yu Ping Feng Wan.

Buy enough so that you can take it for two weeks. It removes any external wind and strengthens the immune system.

Ingredients:
Fang Feng - removes any external WIND
Bai Zhu - tonifies qi, this one is boosting your immune system
Huang Qi - also known as Astagulas, this one is boosting your immune system

Great formula. I have successfully used it in clinic.

Best,
Kenton Sefcik
2/3rd's a TCM Doctor

Jacob
04-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Ma Yi is an excellent immune system herb, and will also improve your work out performance. It is a Jing tonic which leans toward the yang so is best combined with a decent yin tonic, such as Nu Zhen Zi.

dougadam
04-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Green tea, with honey and soy milk. Works for me, and tastes great.

Buddy
04-22-2006, 12:14 PM
Just don't get colds.

BruceSteveRoy
04-25-2006, 10:28 AM
you say you live in a hot area. i don't know if you use airconditioning a lot or spend a lot of time in airconditioned environments but that is an easy way to get a cold. If you do use it try spending more time in fresh air and/ or open all your windows and don't use AC. if thats not the case make sure you wash your hands often during cold/flu season since your hands are the #1 means of putting the cold or flu virus in yourself.

viper
04-25-2006, 11:49 PM
No i dont spend much time in aircon i hate it and thanks everyone dfor the replys