PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a baguazhang practitioner when...

Braden
04-01-2001, 11:01 PM
You know of at least three heavy swinging doors around your place of work, and you purposefully occupy your hands when approaching them so you can kick them open without breaking your step.

You constantly find yourself doing 90o directional changes - like when going to unlock your car door or holding doors open for people - and you always end up pigeontoed.

When you go to shake someone's hand, your thumb and forefinger somehow always end up snaking towards acupuncture points on their wrist.

When someone offers you a "high-five" you accidentally palm-heel their wrist.

When talking to someone, you stand single-weighted, ready to snap your foot into their shin. If they're double-weighted, you don't take anything they say seriously. If not and they shift their weight, you do too.

When waiting for the bus, you masguerade single palm change footwork as an impatient pacing back and forth.

You sleep with your hand under your pillow - in dragon or willowleaf palm.

When you were eight, you would instinctively give someone "thumbs-up" when raising your hand." When you were twelve, you kept accidentally giving people the finger. By fifteen, everytime you raised your hand it went right into the "hard rock fist." Now it goes right into fire palm.

If you go to shake someone's hand and somehow manage to control your impulse to go for the acupuncture points, your hand completely relaxes and turns palm up at first contact, slipping out of their grip. You're impressed with yourself.

Walking around school or work, you hollow your chest, drop your shoulders, spread your scapulae, lift your head, tuck your tailbone, raise your tongue, and breath through your nose.

If you're wearing gloves, you also go into dragon palm - because you think no one will notice.

You swear to god your spine was snoring last night.

Everytime your girlfriend goes to hug you you find yourself yanking her wrist one way while you slip around behind her.

You critisize your dog's form as he's circling to lie down.

But most of all: You keep finding circles made of 8 lines of duct tape under rugs and furniture all over your house and yard.

count
04-01-2001, 11:37 PM
i'm guilty of all of these especially these 3.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You swear to god your spine was snoring last night.

Everytime your girlfriend goes to hug you you find yourself yanking her wrist one way while you slip around behind her.

You critisize your dog's form as he's circling to lie down.
[/quote]

I also find myself grabing an elbow now when I shake hands.

Walking flat footed through the malls.

And thinking of right turns and left turns as inside changes or outside changes.

:D

Sam Wiley
04-02-2001, 12:03 AM
LOL! I constantly find myself changing direction by L or T-stepping. I will also reach behind me by turning with Wild Goose Leaves Flock. Sometimes I reach behind me and overhead with Transfer the Flower. And I, too, open doors with my feet.

"I put forth my power and he was broken.
I withdrew my power and he was ground into fine dust."
-Aleister Crowley, The Vision and the Voice

count
04-02-2001, 04:46 PM
You are constantly replacing your telephone cords from walking circles while talking!

razakdigital
04-02-2001, 05:13 PM
When I'm reading post like this... :D

count
04-02-2001, 08:56 PM
When you only buy lottery numbers that are multiples of 8.

When you answer a post like this for the 3rd. time.

Wan Ma Kai
04-03-2001, 12:12 AM
Advanced Salsa dance turn patterns remind you of bagua two-man forms.
When you drop something, you go into a snake creeps down posture to pick it up.
Everytime you see an empty basketball court, you want to walk on all the circles you see.

Shout out to Razak Da Mind Boxer!!! I'll be in Latin Quarters Thursday night practicing two man form.