PDA

View Full Version : George Xu.

Tvebak
04-02-2001, 07:42 AM
I have heard a lot about this guy, and now he is going to give a seminar near me.
Anyone of you know him or something of his teaching methods?
I have heard that its going to be a Hsingyi seminar, i have heard of GXs Taichi, anyone know how his Hsingyi is?

Stranger
04-02-2001, 04:50 PM
I know very little about him:

He teaches Honan Hsing-i (6 shapes, 10 animals) and Chen Tai Chi.

I've never heard anything bad about him, and he definitely has trained for a long time. I would go.

"The Tao is an uncarved block of wood in which all shapes are possible."

Sam Wiley
04-02-2001, 05:39 PM
I have heard that he is not only a nice man but a good teacher as well.

I have a tape with him teaching his style of Hsing-i (the animals part), and it looks pretty good. Actually up until a couple of days ago, when I got to see two other styles in the same day (Shanxi and Hebei I think), this was the only Hsing-i I had seen.

He seemed very sincere on the tape. I would go to the seminar if I were you. I think you'll enjoy it.

"I put forth my power and he was broken.
I withdrew my power and he was ground into fine dust."
-Aleister Crowley, The Vision and the Voice

neijiachuan
04-03-2001, 05:11 AM
Tvebak,

My teacher is a long time student of Xu Guoming (George Xu). I would be glad to give you the proper information needed to get a hold of him if you like. You can ask him any questions and I am sure he would be more than happy to answer them. You can tell him that Richie referenced you to him. His name is Jim Criscimagna I know that he is currently studying/teaching Chen Taijiquan exclusively under Chen Xiaowang and Ren Guangyi. I'm not sure if he is still training with George but he did for quite a long time. Here is his website address and you can contact him via email through viewing his website.
Jim's website (http://www.rockfordtaichi.com)

Hope this helps you out.

Regards,

Richie C.

Tvebak
04-04-2001, 08:00 PM
I will try to get enough money to go to the seminar, if i do i will write about it here afterwards.
Thanks again.

Kung Lek
04-04-2001, 08:10 PM
Hi-

I have seen a tape of his where he demonstrates 6 harmonies fist and also a Ba Sien (8 immortals) Gim (jian) form.

really excellent form and realy well done. I think it would be worthwhile to go to a seminar of his.

peace

Kung Lek