SimonM
04-17-2006, 07:21 AM
Rubes

So many rubes

Ramming me with their jet-skis!

No Rubes!

David Jamieson
04-17-2006, 12:53 PM
you know, for an older-ish, kind portly fella, he did that course not too bad as far as practical shooting application goes.

no, he doesn't move like lightning, but he's pretty calm and moves through the course ok all things considered.

anyway, what's the deal here?

SimonM
04-17-2006, 04:43 PM
Actually I couldn't watch the video because the page timed out when I tried. I just like that episode of the simpsons.

tug
04-18-2006, 02:34 PM
you know, for an older-ish, kind portly fella, he did that course not too bad as far as practical shooting application goes.

no, he doesn't move like lightning, but he's pretty calm and moves through the course ok all things considered.

anyway, what's the deal here?

I just thought it was so comical I had to post it.

CaptinPickAxe
04-18-2006, 07:55 PM
He did good? He ran into numerous rooms, fully exposed, and shot in two completely opposite directions. What if there was an attacker behind him? Is he just gonna wait until Mr.Al-Qeada turns around so he doesn't shoot him in the back?

Besides, who would want to learn tactics from a guy who looks like he should be doing the Truffle Shuffle instead of firing a a gun?

David Jamieson
04-19-2006, 05:58 AM
i think the dude in the flick isn't the instructor but a rube who is demo-ing the practical shooting camp facilities available to the young and stupid who are looking for purpose in their life and believe that someone elses geo-political ideology is as good as any place to start.

Much like any form of recruitment. :p

anyway, didn't say the guy was sas quality, just saying you'll get fatter and slower guys doing the same thing in the michigan militia or it's ilk. lol

tug
04-19-2006, 02:35 PM
He did good? He ran into numerous rooms, fully exposed, and shot in two completely opposite directions. What if there was an attacker behind him? Is he just gonna wait until Mr.Al-Qeada turns around so he doesn't shoot him in the back?

Besides, who would want to learn tactics from a guy who looks like he should be doing the Truffle Shuffle instead of firing a a gun?

EXACTLY. ;)