PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Wu Min An

BruceSteveRoy
04-17-2006, 06:21 AM
I was curious to see if anyone out there had any information on the late Dr. (Fred) Wu Min An. I have done a few Google searches and I find the sites of a lot of his students' schools but have found very little about him. I know he taught in Ohio and was an amazingly well versed TCMA practitioner/instructor. If anyone knows anything more i would love to hear it. Thanks so much.

dwid
04-17-2006, 06:58 AM
I trained in Bagua under Dr. Wu right up until he passed. He was one of the most amazing practitioners and most interesting people I have ever met.

He was the first person to teach CMA as part of phys ed at the university level in Ohio from what I've been told, starting clubs at OSU and Antioch, among other schools.

His Bagua was his pride and joy, and he seemed to hold a special respect for that art among the many styles he knew and taught, often referring to it to me as the PhD of the Martial Arts.

His wife Sandra teaches qi gong classes here in Columbus through the Center for Wholeness, and his senior Bagua student Steve Madaffari teaches Tai Chi, Bagua, and some other stuff out of his own studio here in Columbus.

Let me know if there's anything specific you want to know and I'll do my best to answer it.