PDA

View Full Version : Migran Help

dkaroly
04-19-2006, 09:17 AM
[FONT="Arial Narrow"]LIFE HAS DEALT ME A RUFF HAND. I HAVE HADE MIGRAINES FROM A EARLY AGE. I CAN REMEMBER TAKING MEADS TO THE SCHOOLS NEARS IN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL. :(
SO I HAVE ALWAYS HAD THEM. SOMETIMES IT GETS BAD ENOUGH TO VISIT THE ER AND GET A BED FOR A FEW DAYS.
WITH THE LATEST MEDS I WAS ON IT GAVE ME THE GAITERS AND HIGH BLUED PRESSURE. I HAVE SINCE STOPPED ALL BUT A MED FOR THE HIGH BLUED PRESSURE.
I HAVE BEN DOING A LOT BETTER SINCE I HAVE DOWN THIS THE GAITERS ARE GON AND THE MIGRAINE HAVE REDUCED.
I HAVE STARTED MEDITATING AND CHANGED MY DIET. TO A MOOR HOLISTIC FOODS (NO MOOR JUNK / FAST FOODS)
I BELIEVE THIS IS PURGING MY SYSTEM AND THIS CAN BE THE REASON WHY I AM DOING BETTER. (NO ER VISITS) BUT I WONT TO GO ALL OUT. I AM TRYING TO LEVEL OUT MY BLUED PRESSURE AND WHIP OUT THE MIGRAINES ATTACKS. HAS ANYONE PREVAILED IN THIS BATTLE. OR AT LEAST A DIRECTION TO GO FOR SOME INCITE.[COLOR="teal"]

Pakmei
04-20-2006, 12:50 AM
Hello there.
With regards to your question.

Migraines are effectively treated using acupuncture, or a combination of any of the three traditional TCM modalities (Acupuncture,Tui Na Massage, Herbs).

Migraines can be caused by any number of reasons, icluding prescribed medication, etc. So it would really depend on what the 'traditional' diagnosis is, or at least what the differential diagnosis is.

Depending on where about your Migraine is located (i.e. Frontal, One-sided, Top of the Head, Occipital) would help differentiate what channels are likely to be involved. Do you get nauseous and/or have any focal (visual) disturbance prior to the migraine.

How long does your migraine generally last for? Do you sit in front of a computer screen for long periods of time? What usually triggers your migraine?

Have you had any surgical procedures and/or head traumas? Any history of whip lash?

Is there any family history of migraine and/or high blood pressure?
If I'm correct in saying, you mentioned that you also have high blood pressure? This will also contribute to the migraine!

On a general level, and without knowing the ins and outs of your particular diagnosis.... Migraines can be a combination Liver Qi Stagnation leading to Damp Heat occluding the Gall Bladder Channel creating onesided headaches, or could be Liver Yang rising due to a deficiency in the Kidney/Liver energy, or a number of other possiblities.

Best advice is to seek out a qualified acupuncturist. He/she will be able to help sort you out.

All the best.

dkaroly
04-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Thank you for your response it is much appreciated
I know it is a little hade to diagnose problems over the internet. Never seeing the problem first hand makes it all most in possible to salve.
I do not know much on Herbs and Acupuncture. But what I have learned about my self is barometric presser plays a part in the tiger sequence (but it is not consistent) peanuts and peanut oil would set one off every time. But since I changed my diate peanuts are no longer a problem. Ok so I have ben looking for the tigers and have found a slim #.
I have ben throw several dr. looking for allergies, akes and panes and what not. I found there is a few existing allergies but noting I can not avoid. My sinuses had a problem all their own (a collapsed palette) so I went and had it fixed not to long ago.
Doing some study on my body / blued type I find this thing produces a large amount of mukis on its own, so if I try and control that will it harm / bother me, I am not sur if any what herbs will help that
I do not drink or smoke (afraid of compilation if any) and no traces of high blued perisher in my family and it was never a problem until a yeas or so ago.
I have ben toled I experience A D D, so I don’t like to sit still for to long when I find it senilis
and a problem with depression but that guy was full of beans ( I was nerves over the reality of having a sun of the first time)
no maiger traumas in my life to speck of and the migraines very from side to side and the top of my neck to the front behind the eyes. And I have hade them last from 30 minuets up to 2-3 days.
So what can I do now

Pakmei
04-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Hi there,
Sounds like you would be a great case history. You've got a lot going on.

Best advice that I can give you would be to search out a qualified herbalist in your area. He/she would be able to help you out.

All the best,

dkaroly
04-21-2006, 07:38 AM
Thank you for your time and knowledge

TonyM.
04-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Please go and see a good Tui Na practitioner. I have never failed to remove a migraine with Tui Na.

Jacob
04-22-2006, 01:02 AM
Hello DKAROLY.

I think the advice given is good. You should be under the care of a professional TCM practioner.

However, I have found the following formula, which I created myself, to be a good one for migraines in general. The condition is almost always due to rising liver yang, usually (but not always) complicated by phlegm. The Xie may be omitted if it cannot be obtained, or you chose not to use it for other reasons (although it is a VERY effect substance for treating this condition). Be VERY careful not to take any more than specified, as it can also be toxic if taken in excess. You should also avoid ALL dairy products, red Meat, and refined flour products. Drink lots of water to aid detoxification.

Xie (scorpion) (1 small tail of a baby, chewed whilst drinking one dose of formula, once a day during an attack).

Bai Shao Yao 6 grams
Gou Qi Zi 6 grams
Tian Ma 3 grams
Gou Teng 6 grams
Xiang Fu 4.5 grams
Milk thistle 3 grams (or 1ml of tincture with 1 dose of the formula, once a day)
Eaucalyptus A few leaves added during the last 15 mins of cooking.

You should CHECK WITH YOUR DOCTOR if you are receiving any orthodox medical treatment or you suffer from any chronic illness before taking this medicine.

The herbs (except the xie, Eucalyptus, and Gou Teng) should be GENTLY boiled in water for at least 1 hour using a small covered pan. During the last 15 minutes of cooking add the Gou Teng and Eucalyptus leaves (again, cover the pan). Dosage is half a cup, three times a day, DURING AN ATTACK.

I hope this helps should you decide to try it.

Good luck, -Jacob.

dougadam
04-22-2006, 10:08 AM
Reflexology works also. There is a spot on the hand, between the thumb and the idex finger. If massaged gently will help.