PDA

View Full Version : Pretty hardcore "Thug Life" workout vid.

IronFist
04-19-2006, 04:18 PM
NWS language.

Link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h84m5BXCxKs&search=Thug%20Workout%20Fitness).

william
04-20-2006, 03:40 AM
Watched the pretty impressive clip,

There are some other ones down the side which you can select to watch on you tube. Some of the guys are pretty huge. they must uses weights as well right? Or is it possible to get this big just from doing bodyweight exercises?

W

FooFighter
04-20-2006, 04:33 AM
William,

I am from NYC. I had friends who worked out in the parks and in the streets. I also had friends who went to jail and came back "jacked!" These people who were raised in poverty do not go to a conventional gym and lift weights. Their workouts was largely based on body weight exercises because it was free, cheap, and effective. If some were lucky enough, they would have a home gym: one flat bench, one oly. bar, a few plates, and cheap dumbbells. It is my opinion that the size of these athletes are based on their genetics, high volume training, and eatting a ghetto based diet.

racerX
04-20-2006, 07:10 AM
WOW, thats some pull up action,going to the gym now,must try!

SevenStar
04-20-2006, 11:34 AM
ghetto based diet?

fried chicken, rice, collard greens, sweet potato pie, ham, oxtail, neckbones, black eyed peas... that type of stuff? Lol, I've never heard of the stuff I eat all the time called ghetto based.:D

fa_jing
04-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Ghetto based is White Castle and Brown's Chicken and Pasta. What you wrote is soul food, yummy and nutritious. Not sure which FF was talking about

Judge Pen
04-20-2006, 02:55 PM
ghetto based diet?

fried chicken, rice, collard greens, sweet potato pie, ham, oxtail, neckbones, black eyed peas... that type of stuff? Lol, I've never heard of the stuff I eat all the time called ghetto based.:D

You forgot watermellon. :p

I'm not sure what a ghetto based diet is either, but I've had oxtail with black-eyed peas and that stuff was great. I'd eat it as often as I could. I'm also a big fan of collard greens.

SevenStar
04-20-2006, 07:18 PM
Ghetto based is White Castle and Brown's Chicken and Pasta. What you wrote is soul food, yummy and nutritious. Not sure which FF was talking about

yeah, I wish we had white castle here. the frozein ones suck, and Krystal can't hold a flame to white castle. We do have popeye's and church's chicken though.

On a side note, those pullups were insane.

metsubushi
04-20-2006, 09:48 PM
In my ghetto house our diet consisted of lettuce and mayonnaise sandwiches. Mmm

FooFighter
04-21-2006, 04:29 AM
A NYC ghetto diet is a high fat and high carbs, which can come from many sources other than southern cooking aka "soul food". The ghetto dietary foods are cheap, processed, refined, high in salts or sugars and meats are usually not lean, but fatty.

SevenStar
04-21-2006, 09:40 AM
souse, fried bologna, etc. IMO, that's still southern. It's all the same. but in the south, tea is served sweet.

IronFist
04-21-2006, 10:47 AM
I've never eaten at White Castle :)

I think I may have had their frozen burgers once, tho.

FooFighter
04-21-2006, 11:52 AM
NYC Ghetto based foods may consist of non-southern foods such as pizza, cheap greasy chinese take out, macdonalds, fast food joints, government cheese, peanut butter and jelly sandwich or mayo and white bread sandwich, fried anything foods, canned foods; etc. Southern cooking definitely is a foundation for ghetto foods, but it has evolved into other ethnic foods. Iron, I never had white castle too. I do not think we are missing much, bro.

The Willow Sword
04-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Awwww MAIN? You FO GOT Da Green Pepper Welfare Hamburger. Dats TOO Pieces AH WONDA BREAD, some grilled green Pepper and some Chunked out Hamburger and SOM KETCHUP, Nuggah. :cool:

WERD,,,,TWS:eek:

FooFighter
04-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Awwww MAIN? You FO GOT Da Green Pepper Welfare Hamburger. Dats TOO Pieces AH WONDA BREAD, some grilled green Pepper and some Chunked out Hamburger and SOM KETCHUP, Nuggah. :cool:

WERD,,,,TWS:eek:

Dude,

Your words may read as prejudice and I think N-word shouldn't be use. Just my point of view and I am not asking you to change yours. My previous comments were not targeted at any particular "race", especially african americans. If I have offended any black americans with my previous comments, please accept my appologies. It so happens there are many diverse racial groups in the urban NYC ghettos and they all eat what I just described. It is not a moral judgement, but just an observation.

The Willow Sword
04-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Obviously you do not understand humour when you read it:rolleyes: .

Refer to Eddie Murphy's "RAW" Video and you will see what i mean. Or was it "delerious"? i cant remember which.

anyway, i dont think you have offended anyone here and neither have i. Just being funny.

as for the vid itself i was actually impressed with the upper body strength and discipline that this guy showed, hehe even though i thought the whole "Thug" approach was a little corny. It reminded me of a FAVORITE satire film called "Fear of a black Hat". Another Satirical art film targeted at "the hype".

Anyway,,Peas and wub,,,TWS

Shaolinlueb
04-22-2006, 07:19 PM
pretty impressive. except someone so thug i wouldnt expect them to wear gloves.

WOW
04-23-2006, 10:47 AM
Very impressive stuff, not only upper body but also great mid-section strength.

Also, their elasticity in the muscles would suggest they don't use weights.

Are there any videos of easier exercise to reach their level. My new goals for pull ups!

Also, can the stuff in the videos be done without the body mass?

SevenStar
04-24-2006, 04:21 AM
Also, their elasticity in the muscles would suggest they don't use weights.

weight training inhibiting flexibility is a myth. As long as you stretch, you will be fine.

SevenStar
04-24-2006, 04:23 AM
pretty impressive. except someone so thug i wouldnt expect them to wear gloves.

he's whooped so many bustas in his life that his hands are just one massive callous. Without his gloves he would scare most people - it would detract from the video.

SevenStar
04-24-2006, 04:26 AM
i thought the whole "Thug" approach was a little corny.

I like it. for the simple fact that it targets a specific demographic. Someone in the hood may not get inspired by seeing kevin levrone (body builder) lifting weights in some cushiony gym in california. However, someone/something they can relate to may inspire them. It's a way of bringing fitness to the masses.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Dude,

Your words may read as prejudice and I think N-word shouldn't be use. Just my point of view and I am not asking you to change yours. My previous comments were not targeted at any particular "race", especially african americans. If I have offended any black americans with my previous comments, please accept my appologies. It so happens there are many diverse racial groups in the urban NYC ghettos and they all eat what I just described. It is not a moral judgement, but just an observation.

i think its predjudice to assume that black skin is thin skin but that's just me. there's no fine line between humor and hate.

SevenStar
04-24-2006, 11:19 AM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00006SFLA/103-9749787-1950246?v=glance&n=130

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-25-2006, 06:13 AM
"fitness from the streets"

Shaolin Dude
04-25-2006, 09:54 PM
**** they're jacked

fiercest tiger
04-29-2006, 05:25 PM
That sh!t was off DA HOOK!