PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ecko tags Air Force One

tug
04-20-2006, 08:48 PM
WTF? Is this real/possible? If so, we are still incredibly vulnerable almost 5 years after you know what.

http://www.devilducky.com/media/44655/

crazy_ivan
04-20-2006, 10:39 PM
Possible? I hope not. But it is fake.
The news could probably be found other places, but I first got it from here (http://gamepolitics.livejournal.com/263723.html)

5Animals1Path
04-21-2006, 04:51 AM
Looks like an ad for his new video game to me. The plane looks really good, but my eyes don't quite believe it. Something about the plane looks superimposed. It's most likely a fake, but it's a really good one.

David Jamieson
04-21-2006, 05:54 AM
fake?

I dunno, what's teh corroberating evidence that it's fake?
If it is fake, dang! That's one of teh best fakes I've seen.

the guys a tagger not a hollyweird sfx expert, so I am not so sure it is fake. If it isn't, it is certainly an embarassment isn't it.

so let the debunkers pull it apart and with facts as opposed to opinions.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-21-2006, 07:44 AM
it's fake ... legal disclaimer from his site:

http://www.stillfree.com/legal.html

David Jamieson
04-21-2006, 08:45 AM
good enough for me.

Banjos_dad
04-22-2006, 11:53 AM
taggers are basically a kind of attention wh0re...
so by mentioning it we are giving validation.
that's all...

CaptinPickAxe
04-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Graffiti can be gang related, but in most cases it is an artform and should be viewed as such. When I moved here to Minneapolis, I intended to imerse myself in the life and culture that is Hip Hop. Now, for those of you who don't know (and I'm sure there's a few), Hip Hop is based on the 4 Elements: The DJ, The Emcee, The Graf Artist, and The B-Boy. I've learned a lot about the Graf Artist as this is a fairly respected graf scene. I'd like to dispell some myths about the writer.

When I began a deeper trip into this world of Hip Hop, I already had some roots.. I was raised on the likes of The Beastie Boys, Public Enemy, and Run DMC. I had turned my back on the country music and the 80s rock I was forced to endure as a child in Texas. So, I began my journey with some knowledge but an open mind as I know there is always something to learn. I used to be a roommate with a member of a local graf crew, and have had a great opportunity to see this element as it is: Art.

The mindset of a graf writer has many parallels with the Martial Artist. Both always strive to better themselves and do better everytime the step into the ring/street. Instead of training to win a fight, these guys sketch all day and scout their territory. Much like the ninja, a writer relys on steath and knowledge of thier next target. It all begins in the sketch book. They wake up and draw. These guys eat, sleep, poop, molest, and exploit the artform. They truly are one with their art. When they are not out writing (as in putting up "work" or graffiti), they are at home talking about a next big spot while sketching.

The planning is half the battle, and yes it is a battle. The most coveted spots are ones of high traffic, high profile, or most creative. The higher the better. It's a constant battle for territory, but not one of violence. The art speaks volumes louder than any physical action could embody. Once they have a spot, they watch the hours of heavy traffic, what directions to run/cops can come from, and where the "eyes," or scouts should be placed. They also consider how long it takes for the piece to be covered or "buffed." The beauty of this art comes from time it takes to do it. An intricate piece with a vast array of colors could take no less than 15 minutes. Light speed if you as any canvas painter or graphic designer.

The art is judged by many things. First and formost is location. It's all about where you did it. Was on a interstate highway or was it under some bridge in Bum F@#ked Egypt? You want people to see your work? Put it where they WILL see it. Next is substance. This is actually multiple things. Letter form is how the letters appeal asthetically to the viewer and how they fit together. Color scheme plays a vital role in how the piece sits on the wall. You want the art to pop off the wall, so a knowledge on colors is developed. You learn what colors compliment and augment each other. There are many detailed color fills that resemble many things. 3D, aura (or bubbles on the outside ;)), and characters are also used to fruther inhance the art.

I know this can be seen as vandalism since there is much gang graffiti and stupid kids with paint cans. However, this is a very developed art form that is much more guerilla and exciting than most forms of art. These guys risk serious punishment, harm, and death for a little bit of clout from rival and ally crews. Its a shame that a few bad apples can spoil the bunch, as there is a code of rules much like Bushido:
1. No Privately Owned Property. Only coporate or state owned property.
2. It Must Be Art. Not just "James was here on such and such date. 420"
3. No Crossing Unless You Can Crush It. No covering anothers art unless you are sure you can put up a better piece.

Graf is an integral part of Hip Hop and art as a culture. It all began with writing on the walls of caves. A message is conveyed or the inner feelings or thoughts of the artist. We must learn to distinguish the difference from the art and the gangsters claiming territory. Lest we will all miss out on some beautiful art.

www.dozegreen.com
www.mearone.com
www.bombingscience.com

David Jamieson
04-23-2006, 06:25 AM
graffittis been around as long as man could scratch some ash onto a stone wall.

tehre are graffito still visible across ancient roman , greek and egyptian ruins.

It is and has always been nothing more thanb "leroy was here".

I don't think it's some cultural pinnacle, it's evryones.

If you are unable to express yourself in anyway other than to scrawl your name across a wall, then so be it.

good graffitti is hard to find, so many taggers just suck at it. lol :p

Stranger
04-23-2006, 07:16 AM
A couple of years ago while in Rome we saw this ancient graffitti. Unfortunately for us, we also saw that a lot of it was covered over with band logos, love postings, and other nonsense from the current generation of Romans. Maybe in 2000 years somebody will be impressed that a sixteen year old in the year 2002 successfully painted his favorite band's logo on a wall at the Forum, but all I saw was an ancient structure vandalized by a bunch of idiots.

:(

FuXnDajenariht
04-23-2006, 10:03 AM
they would of most likely got shot on site or arrested and sent to gitmo. i dont think anyone is stupid enough to pull that and especially not nowadays.

"graffiti artists mysteriously disappear"

lol that'd be the headline

Banjos_dad
04-23-2006, 10:43 AM
i imagine that trying to put positive "spin" on tagging has got to be pretty difficult to pull off lol. Unless you're talking to an audience completely devoid of people who actually own a house or a business, otherwise a lot of people won't want to hear that.
this is a direct result of people not spanking their kids when necessary. There is a whole generation out there that is about 50 whuppings shy of what they should have gotten to avoid turning out as they are.... and that's a total burn lol

well can't paint a whole generation with that brush, gotta mention the kids who naturally are inclined to do right and don't require as much correction

CaptinPickAxe
04-23-2006, 01:27 PM
It's not as hard as it is to break your preconcieved notions that are based soley on experiences with chicken scratchers and gang writers. Its obvious you didn't read my whole post. I know how big posts could scare you off... words are scary. Oh and BTW, I own a house back in San Antonio. So there goes that argument.

Also, you sound exactly like my grandfather. Stuck in the past. Why don't you go spank your children or something "productive" like that.

Jamieson,
It is hard to find great graf in good places. For every one great artists there is a thousand stupid ones that like to write stupid isht. Check the links I gave you. Also, I'm going to post some pictures from my library of local graf here in Minneapolis. I'm sure there is some things in there everyone can enjoy.

Banjos_dad
04-23-2006, 03:39 PM
talk to me when you have some life experience, skipper.

and thank you:i am fairly confident i would rather be likened to your grandfather than to you, from the few words i know you by :)

i was less than intimidated by your magnum opus up there... hell, i thought, this guy ought to be on to something that could take him somewhere/ there is not enough enthsiasm in the world. If you want to know, it simply gave me the impression, here's a young man of limited education, who nevertheless fancies the role of a pedagogue. so go ahead and google that word before you come back saying i just called you a felon. yes.... i will wait............. although your thesis statement on how hip hop culture is comprised of the Four Elements of Hip Hop, does border on criminally moronic. Fortunately, that's just a misdemeanor. otherwise we would run out of jail space in the space of 10 minutes time.

^ i would say, you remaining hope lies in creating fantasies of whether you could defeat me with chinese boxing, in your imagination. As far as being an ******* to you, i am only at about 25% right now

things change...perspectives change with time.
so we'll see...maybe when i am 76 years old i will hang my hat sideways off my head & talking the whiggah line, but i doubt it, i am working off a strong foundation.

let's compare notes in 20 years. No go back to ruining your granpa's record player
(wicka-wicka, wicketywicketywicktywickety bomp! chick-ah)

Banjos_dad
04-23-2006, 03:53 PM
i did miss that, i guess my forebrain was going numb from the net dumbing effect your post content creates.

**** dude... a signature of kids these days is, they have a hard time grasping the opportunity to shut up: you compare me to your grandfather and now i am stuck in the past.
next you will tell me my ****** is eighteen inches long and that I crap gold coins
lmao

CaptinPickAxe
04-23-2006, 07:14 PM
Whoa, there old timer. Take your meds and chill the **** out.

Say what you will about me, but know that they are hasty judgements. You know nothing of me and your preconcieved notions are flawed at best. Granted I am not fully educated, but I have an Associates in Music Production and Engineering and I'm working on a bachelors on International Business with a minor in liguistics. Spare me the "limited education," bit, pal. I'm not going to even begin to go into the life lessons I've learned the hard way that sheltered old timer, conservatives like you missed out on. You shouldn't be angry at me for defending an Art form, but rather at yourself for being to blind to recognize art. Grow a sense of humor, dude. Then maybe you could see the beauty in life. I also love how since you assume that since I listen to hip hop, I dress like I fell out of bed into a pair of clothing. You so ****in' obtuse that, in your mind, stereotypes cannot be broken. What I dress like is neither here nor there, but I assure you it isn't like the ignorant picture you've painted in your mind.

It's all clear to me know. You just don't understand. You don't understand the culture. You don't understand progression. You don't understand a **** thing about what Hip Hop truly is. Go back to listening to your tired Toby Keith records. Or better yet, how about Debbie Renolds?

Ps. Why would I want to fight you? It would be a waste of time. Obviously I can take criticism than you, seeing how I'm not resorting to threats (or fear) of violence.

David Jamieson
04-24-2006, 06:20 AM
actually I have seen work on abandined buildings in the core of the city Im in now and the one I used to live in and I gotta say, it's true. Some Graffitti is REAL ART.

amazing, expressive and down at the level where it can be appreciated the most.

yes, this type of art is grossly outweighed by the juvenile scribblings of wannabe gangsters and taggers. Somewhere in the measure of 10,000 pieces of absolute crap that should be scrubbed off by the little d1ck that put it there to 1 piece of worthwhile artistic social commentary.

Banjos_dad
04-24-2006, 02:12 PM
good luck completing your bachelors

keep after it: after time, knowledge is our most precious resource.

oh, one thing we agree on then: toby keith? lol, want to talk about obtuse? Scientists calibrate their protractors to him, he is so obtuse.

nostradamus referred to toby keith as the anti-Hank in a folio of quatrains recently unearthed in France.

Kristoffer
04-25-2006, 01:38 AM
As a bomber I am offenced by Mark Eckos lack of style.
I wouldnt mind playing the game though, even if it looks like ****. Maybe in a couple follow ups the standard will be better. On the subject though, it's easy to complain on low standard pieces. But if you do it in a good spot there's not really much time to your desposal. Unless ur in a fame or something. I for one is much more happy to see a simple piece in a hard security watched subway station than a burner in some remote place. It's about reppin ur ****.

CaptinPickAxe
04-26-2006, 03:53 PM
As a bomber I am offenced by Mark Eckos lack of style.
I wouldnt mind playing the game though, even if it looks like ****. Maybe in a couple follow ups the standard will be better. On the subject though, it's easy to complain on low standard pieces. But if you do it in a good spot there's not really much time to your desposal. Unless ur in a fame or something. I for one is much more happy to see a simple piece in a hard security watched subway station than a burner in some remote place. It's about reppin ur ****.

This is true. However, I have seen some cats crush in some high profile spots.

I need to get some of the pics I've taken in Minneapolis and post them. There are some **** good writers here. Hit me up in a PM, Kris. I'd like to see some of the pieces from your neck of the woods.

Kristoffer
04-28-2006, 06:48 AM
pm sent. less my comp bailed out again

jethro
05-01-2006, 01:24 AM
Sory For Caps,phone Post. I Have To Say That I Love The Fact This Is Alive Today. I Used To Love Rap. Dre Twista Goodie Mob Ugk 8ball And Mgj/mjg Sucked Alone Cant Leave Out Spice 1 And Dj Quick @ Amg But I Have To Say Art Is Art Whether It Is Norman Chu And Adm Cheang Going At It, Wutang Spitting Some Sic stuf, Or Great Grafitti On Trains.