PDA

View Full Version : george xu or hsu

doug maverick
04-03-2001, 08:24 PM
anyone no george master xu's leneage this will be of great help to me thanks

Stranger
04-04-2001, 01:29 AM
I don't know his lineage, but it is George Xu. Adam Hsu is a totally different person. What they have in common is that they are both totally legit and both in the San Francisco area.

"Luminous beings are we."

Tekarius
04-04-2001, 01:48 AM
Hey guys,
Ive been told that his lineage is the same as Yang Guo Tai. Which is Cheng Tingua-Lu Bin-Wan Wenkui-Su-Jin Beo.

PlasticSquirrel
04-04-2001, 11:19 PM
xu! xu! xu!

that guy's awesome. go with xu!

doug maverick
04-08-2001, 07:43 PM
and still i have not found his leneage

illusionfist
04-10-2001, 12:42 AM
I know that he is currently learning tai chi under Wang Hao Da. I know that he inherited a muslim hsing yi lineage, but i just cant think of the name right now. A friend of mine is currently learning under him (the Wang Hao Da tai chi that is).

Peace:D

les paul
04-10-2001, 01:41 AM
Interesting....... Is this is the George Xu of Chen style Taijiquan and Six Harmony boxing fame?
I heard he only was doing seminars now and didn't teach individual instruction.

Kevin Wallbridge
04-10-2001, 02:19 AM
Xinyi Liuhe Quan is the Moslem Xingyi lineage, however it would be an overstatement to say that he inherited the lineage. Yu Hualong, Lu Songgao's disciple, is still alive and teaching in China. George Xu is a lineage representative, but he isn't the only one. My teacher, Eric Tuttle is also an inner door student of Yu Hualong and is an official lineage representative here in Canada.

"The heart of the study of boxing is to have natural instinct resemble the dragon" Wang Xiangzai

illusionfist
04-11-2001, 01:55 AM
oh yeah, i'm sorry about that. I didn't really mean it to sound like he is the keeper of the system, i just meant that he received all his sifu's teachings.

Sorry about that folks.

Peace:D

doug maverick
04-18-2001, 08:24 PM
thanks for the replies it's not that i wanted to train under george xu but one of his students vengove thomas who i'm currently training under. never have time to sit and talk to him about the lineage thats why i just ask the guestion thanks

patriot
04-18-2001, 10:26 PM
To Kevin:

"Eric Tuttle is also an inner door student of Yu Hualong and is an official lineage representative here in Canada."

Can you elaborate on this. How long has Eric been studying with Yu and is he formally admitted as a disciple? Did Eric go to China to study or did he just attended a couple of seminars?

Kevin Wallbridge
04-19-2001, 12:19 AM
Eric has trained with Yu Hualong for several years. He is an acknowledged disciple (tudi). Eric has visited him several times in China (training daily for months at a time)and has brought Yu Hualong to Canada. Definitely not a seminar student, Eric is the real goods.

Eric didn't go to Master Yu as a beginner, he has trained Bagua, Taiji and Xingyi for over 30 years.

By the way Eric is also a recognized disciple of Ma Hong, Chen Zhaokui's disciple of Chen style. He represents the Chen Zhaokui Chen Taijiquan Association in Canada.

"The heart of the study of boxing is to have natural instinct resemble the dragon" Wang Xiangzai