PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know so and so?

golden arhat
04-27-2006, 03:45 AM
does any one know the following people

master cheong wing kwang (hung kuen malaysia)

master ang (pupil of cheong my master uk)

zhao wei dong (xing yi nei jia malaysia penang):)

Shaolin101
05-02-2006, 08:05 AM
yes,

but only because they are also my Grand Master and Master too!

golden arhat
05-09-2006, 06:04 AM
have i seen you at the compettitions in oldham i am fred do you know dan or tat or andy if ur in london who do you train with cos you cant study with master ang who is it

Shaolin101
05-09-2006, 07:37 AM
Hi,

Obviously i am not directly trained by master ang unless he is visiting london. i train under one of his most senior students details on the site www.london-hungkuen.com

i haven't been to a tournament for a while but i am aware there si one on sunday. I am going for 2nd degree black the week after so wont be there.

Where do you train/what grade? I only know a few of teh senior grades up north and met some from Loughborough recently at a judging/referee seminar.

Cheong wing kwan is a Grandamster though and not master - just so you know!

golden arhat
05-12-2006, 01:13 AM
i am 2nd blue
been training for 2 yrs
and i train with master ang
i know cheong wing kwang is a grand master
have you done any other styles besides hung kuen?

Shaolin101
05-16-2006, 04:35 AM
Well done on your grade so far - gets good for brown belt!

I did karate when i was a kid but not for long. Other than that i just taught myself some boxing and street fighting moves. Trained MMA with a friend who was training for Cage Rage and wanted to do some stand up sparring work - was fun as he is twice my size.

Do you train any other styles.

This is turning into a bit of a 2 person conversation - might be better moved to private messages - Mods please advise!

MyDrills
05-18-2006, 02:18 AM
Bros, i think its ok, i can get info from your replies.

I may ask questions later if you 2 dont mind

Shaolin101
05-19-2006, 03:05 AM
I am not an expert but ask away and i will answer as best as i can!

golden arhat
05-19-2006, 04:23 AM
i used to do tae kwon do when i was 7
soon i will be starting chen style tai chi (proper stuff not the dance) with this guy called yue li ming (or li ming yue if you want to westernise it for a google search www.taichicentre.com )

i want to study

hung kuen from several different masters

i want to study xing yi

and i want to study shuai chiao judo and fencing

Shaolin101
05-19-2006, 06:15 AM
Did you get to the tournament? As we have a grading on Sunday only 2 people from London could get up to Oldham.

I think one of our guys may have been doing 9 section whip and broadsword combined - not definite though

golden arhat
05-23-2006, 09:10 AM
no i didnt make it to the tournament, i was down in london (ironic) visiting my dad. apparently not alot of people showed up. i actually live really near to oldham sports centre i am surprised that master ang doesnt set up a class there but he sets one up in chadderton baths which is basically falling apart. one guy from london always does nine section whip but it is a wushu version i think. master ang says he will teach me nan quan. do you know jim uglow he teaches hung gar in london somewhere this guy called bey logan does commentary for a whole lot of hong kong legends films and jim uglow was his teacher www.kungfu.co.uk

golden arhat
05-23-2006, 09:14 AM
oh yeah maybe we should send private messages i dont think this provides a whole lot of info for others my email is down so i use a library computer unless of course mydrills is getting some thing from our conversation are you ?(mydrills) where is your location are you in england or america or where? (mydrills)

Shaolin101
05-24-2006, 01:49 AM
If its the London guy doing nine section then it is not a Wushu version. He took the basic wrap moves/figure of eights etc and devised the rest as a freestyle.

Nan Chuan is one of my favourite forms - unfortunately i dont know it - and i cant do the flip up needed! One of our students went ot Malaysia and learnt it from Grandmaster Cheung.

Jim Uglows classes are a bit far away for me - somewhere in east london i think. From what i have seen he is very competent - I would like to see his tiger crane video.

If you happen to be in London on Saturday Master Ang is taking our class. I think we will be going some new staff fighting stuff and one of the internal forms.

Does Master Ang teach you directly or is it the other blackbelts that take the class? Must be quite a privelage - we only get to train with him a few times each year.

Hunggar2006
05-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Does Master Ang teach Traditional Hung Kuen/Hung Gar???

Shaolin101
05-30-2006, 01:57 PM
As far as i am aware it is traditional hung kuen. We obviously have our own forms - individual 5 animal forms are different to what you will see elsewhere. Our weapons forms seem more to the point too - the staff for example doesn't have any flash spins etc. Sword for is quite short too.

We do the usual stuff too - tiger/crane form. Some have learnt Nan chuan. 5 animal 5 element, iron wire.

Was there something specific you wanted to learn? Are you interested in joining? I will help as best as i can