PDA

View Full Version : Is the mafia still running the movie biz in hong kong?

jethro
04-30-2006, 05:32 PM
I don't see any reason to say no. I bring this up because I am hoping someone has some good stories or something to prove or disprove what I am saying.

I just got ninja in the dragon's den on dvd, and it had a GREAT interview with ng-see yuen and roy horan. it talks about the start of conan lee's career and how the movie biz is kind of like the sports biz. He signed a 3-year movie contract, and what do ya know, he wanted to renegotiate after his first movie. Now his original name was loyd hutchison:p, and I think that there is a good chance that he is trrel owen's long lost brother. So NG said that american producers kept asking about conan, "can I use him in my movie", and ng would tell them that they could use him when he was done with him. Well these guys didn't like that, and put ng in the hospital for 6 months. And when people in the biz learned about conan's enforcers, he dropped the hell off of the face of the movie biz earth for a while. I always wondered why I never saw that guy in a good movie again. I always named him as one of my favorite stars(seriously), but found out now why he was in Gymkata. Since then his only decent roles are tiger on beat 1 and 2 and one of 4 brothers in lethal weapon 4.

It really is an AWESOME movie if you haven't seen it.

But if someone can inform me on what they know of the relationships of gangs and movies, at least in hong kong,
please fill me in, I am really interested in this.