PDA

View Full Version : I'm baaaaack!

Samurai Jack
05-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Not that anyone gives two ***** but I thought maybe I'd pop in and take advantage of the good energy I remember here on good ol' KFOs Training forum. I've only really had time to mod the self-defense forum, and that don't take much seeing as how there's like four posts a week over there. I know you all missed me something awful, but man, the same arguments are still going on for well nigh five years... it gets a little old sometimes. I needed a breather. ;)

Anyhow, I'm starting a new thang and figured I'd jump on the bandwagon again with another BLOG of my own like all the other cool kids. Then I thought better and figured I'd just tell ya'll what I've been up to.

I went over to the old boxing gym today where I used to train, and found out it's closed! Not only is it closed, but there's no other gym open down here in Eugene now! I had this great idea that I'd go show the boys some Hsing-i like i did a few years back... even if it means I have to eat foamy fists for a few weeks at my partner's whim. In my experience, nobody but boxers will really let you test your stuff. What a shame. So I'm still stuck training my Hsing-i by myself in the park. I really, really want to start sparing with people again.

I am starting a new lift I found in Renegade Training, another extremly overpriced workout book from dragondoor. They call it the Bear (What's with the bear fetish, boys?), and it's really a nice lift. It involves cleaning a barbell, dropping into a front squat, pressing the weight overhead explosivly as you straighten out of the squat, lowering the weight behind the neck, dropping into a back squat, pressing *again*, then reversing the process to get back to the beginning. That's one rep. I do two sets of 6 reps, adding about 5% to the bar every week. Soon I'll be lowering that to 2% or so. (Now you don't need to buy the book.)

I'm coming up on my 3rd kyu test in aikido, and trying to get into class five days a week. I've got this new girlfriend though and she has this habit of popping into my apartment five minutes before I leave for class and taking her clothes off. It's a tough life I lead, I know, but I'm trying to be disciplined here. Really.

Anyhow, I'm glad to be back and stuff. Hope you all are doing fine. :D

Chief Fox
05-01-2006, 07:49 AM
Blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blha blah. Blah blah blah blah blah blah. blah blah blah. blah.
I've got this new girlfriend though and she has this habit of popping into my apartment five minutes before I leave for class and taking her clothes off. :eek:
blah blah blahblah blah.:D

Welcome back. That bear lift sounds kinda cool. I may try that out with my new sand bag.

Samurai Jack
05-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Yeah, it's a good one. Sort of gets her done quick, then lets you move on.

I see I'm still as popular as ever. LOL

yenhoi
05-02-2006, 05:40 AM
I think I saw you on Tribe.net

:confused:

Samurai Jack
05-02-2006, 06:18 AM
Nope. Never been there. I did used to be on t.v. though. Cartoon network had a short stint chronicling my epic adventures.

_William_
05-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Samurai Jack, I remember you. You gave me advice on a routine once. Welcome back.

:)

Samurai Jack
05-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks, good to be back, for the moment.

Mr Punch
05-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah, it's a good one. Sort of gets her done quick, then lets you move on.Was that the bear or the girlfriend?

Becca
05-06-2006, 10:44 PM
ROTFLMAO! That was funny...

Vash
05-06-2006, 11:29 PM
w00t!11!!!1

Samurai Jack
05-07-2006, 12:02 AM
:D

Actually, 86ed the woman already. She wanted to cut into my class time... like I said... can't have that.

Hit it and quit it.

rubthebuddha
05-07-2006, 11:51 AM
but i thought mix-a-lot always recommended staying and playing. :confused: