PDA

View Full Version : ignore spontaneous movements?

greenmoon
05-01-2006, 09:19 PM
For the last few weeks each time I've been practicing qigong I get very erratic non-uniform movements from the lower dan-tien. They don't feel uncomfortable or anything - but the more I focus on my dan-tien the more my body is made to follow these erratic patterns. Anyone know if this is safe or what's going on?
At other times it just seems to spin on a horizontonal axis - that feels a lot more in control.

Oh yeah I forgot should I just ignore this feeling and try to focus on something else or what?

qiphlow
05-02-2006, 03:15 PM
as long as it's not making you sick or anything, forget about it. just practice. all sorts of sensations will happen (or not) when one practices qigong or meditation. don't get caught up in these things. they don't mean anything.

greenmoon
05-03-2006, 01:13 AM
Thanks qiphlow - but what I'm getting at is that erratic ball going around is what I thought was my dan tien, so if i ignore that what do I focus on?

qiphlow
05-03-2006, 07:21 AM
i was taught to not focus on anything. the qi goes where the yi (intent) goes. if you start trying to make things happen during your practice, you run the risk of stagnating your qi in that area, which brings you out of balance, which will eventually make you sick. check with your teacher.

greenmoon
05-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks for your help anyway qiphlow. I don't actually have a teacher in qigong - got some lessons of some Falun Gong guys once and the rest from books - Yang Jwing and other guys.

red_samurai
05-03-2006, 10:12 PM
I believe thats the "bubbling well feeling" that Wu style practicitioners refer to when the chi is flowing correctly. Ive been told that and from what Ive experienced that it comes and goes in waves. So according to Sifu... you should be just fine. It would be "normal" to feel a bubble/wave/pulse ect from it...
Dont worry about it... its just unneeded paranoia.

greenmoon
05-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks Red Samurai - I guess these times when one really wants a teacher!