PDA

View Full Version : Information on Hung Sing Choy Lee Fut revolutionary Martyr

hskwarrior
05-03-2006, 08:22 AM
I thought some of you would like to read up on one of the well known Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon revolutionary fighters. I thought this information was pretty interesting. I did not write this, I found it during a google search on Wu Qin.

Wu Qin

Wu Qin (1895-1942), a revolutionary martyr, was a native of Nanpu, Foshan. In 1911, he started to be eagar for national independence and people’s liberation under the influence of democractic and revolutionary thoughts of the revolutionists Wang Hanjin and Qian Weifang etc. In 1916, he joined the civil army and in the war against Long Jiguang troup in Guangzhou, he swimmed alone to explode the Long Jigguang’ warship, for which he was commended by Sun Yat-sen and appointed as the bodyguard of Sun. In 1918, Sun Yat-sen left Guangdong to Shanghai, and Wu Qin returned to Foshan to be engaged in agriculture again. He led the peasants of his village to exercise Wushu in Hongsheng village and organized group to “protect the village and the people” against the militia of the landowners of the neighboring villages. Meanwhile, he supported the Foshan workers against the reactionist forces.

In 1924, under support and sponsor of CPC Guangdong organization and the progressive persons of Kuomintang, Wu Qin won the legal status for organizing Nanpu Village Peasant Militia and he was elected as the Chief of Militia. Since then the Nanpu Peasant Militi and the Foshan progressive labor union formed an alliance.

In 1924, he attended the Second Training in Guangzhou Peasant Movement Training Office, and after graduation he returned to Foshan as a Peasant Movement Aaccredited Person to promote establishment of peasant movement committees in different villages. In 1925, the Nanhai Siqu Peasant Association was established and Wu Qin was appointed the Director, who led the peasant armed forces to support worker movement in Foshan and peasant movement in Nanhai. In Guangzhou Uprise, he was appointed as the Colonel of the Second Regiment of the Peasant Army, cooperating with the First Regiment in uprise. When Guangzhou Uprise was defeated, he escaped to Hong Kong. As the reactionists colluded with the police in Hong Kong to search to arrest the revolutionists, he was forced to go to Singapore in 1929. In 1934, he returned to Hong Kong, contacted the patriotic personage like Ye Ting and began to devote himself to the Anti-Japan movement to save the nation from distinction. In 1927, CPC South Provisional Working Committee sent Wu Qin back to Guangzhou, where he motivated the peasant mass in the name of Captain Inspector of Commanding Committee of Guuangdong People Armed Militia Regiment. Later he returned to Foshan again, organized Fight-enemy Broadsword Training Class Defense Militia and Shanzi Village Peasant Militia. After the Japanese Troops invaded into Guangxzhou, he was filled with indignation and was not afraid of the brutal force, and he organized an Anti-Japanese Militia consisted of fifty to sixty soldiers, who attacked the Japanese army’s transport ships at the river near Lijiao, Nanhai, where more than 10 Japanese invaders were killed and one hundred bales of rice were captured. Then they attacked the Guangsan Xiaotang Station to destroy the transportation line, which defeated the aggressive arrogance of the Japanese invaders. In order to save the lost confidence of the people, the Kuomingtang had to grant Wu Qin troup with the designation of Guangzhou City Proper Guerrilla Warefare Second Branch with Wu Qin appointed as the Branch Commander. Soon the Second Branch developed into a troop of more than 10 battalions, consisted of approximately 2000 soldiers. Under the assistance of the Party organization, Wu Qin Commander gradually reformed the Second Branch into a People’s Anti-Japanese Armed Froce under the leadership of CPC. In Anti-Japanese War, the Second Branch successively instituted hundreds of battles against the enemy, which had constituted heavy blow at the invaders and the reactionists. The invaders, puppet army and the reactionists were hating and afraid of Wu Qin, and they tried several times to pull Wu Qin over to their side by promises of high posts and other favors, which were rejected in stern words by Wu Qin. On May 7, 1942, Kuangmintang Forward Third Column reactionist chief abeted the chief of the Chencun Puppet Troop to shoot with machine gun at the Wu Qin and his wife, who were crossing the Shuizihua ferry at Chencun, when Wu Qin was unfortunately shot dead. After establishment of P.R.China, the Party and the People’s Government built the Wu Qin Martyr Cemetery at the subborb of Foshan, Nanpu Village, the homeland of the Martyr Wu Qin.   (Reference: “Foshan History and Culture Dictionary”)

hsk

X-Warrior
05-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Hey HSK,

I did read about Wu Qin some years ago but not in this much detail on his military involvements. It was a magazine article but I can't recall the magazine it was in, they mentioned his studies with his master and described more in details his life previous becoming Sun Yat-Sen's body guard.

Thanks for the additional info; I'll search through my magazines and see if I can find that article.

-X-

hskwarrior
05-03-2006, 01:45 PM
X-warrior,

thanks for that. I would appreciate it if you could find some more.

Historically, the Fut San Hung Sing Kwoon was majorly involved with the revolution. Qian Wei Fang is and Liang HuiHua, Li So, and others were all at the head of the Fut San Based uprises.

its nice to read some real stories about my lineage back in the old days.

hsk