PDA

View Full Version : The Black Tiger Clan Presents...

WinterPalm
05-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Hey, after that amateur kung fu video clip was posted awhile back I said that I would put up our trailer for the new video we are working on. Here is the link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2318718857169707379

I hope you guys enjoy it. This is our first attempt at a full length feature, I've also made two shorts, one a kung fu film, one a comedy. We are in the process of putting our first kung fu short, about fifteen to twenty minutes, into google video for you guys to check out.
This is just a little teaser but we hope to get another trailer or two out by next winter.

Enjoy!

WinterPalm
05-05-2006, 09:47 AM
No comments??

fiercest tiger
05-05-2006, 05:16 PM
No comment!:p

jethro
05-05-2006, 06:33 PM
yea, winterpalm, ya beat me too it, no comments.

WinterPalm
05-06-2006, 09:13 AM
None? Ok, it is just a little clip that doesn't really show any kung fu and it is a zombie film with kung fu in it and the production value is zero, but still, what about the music??

jethro
05-06-2006, 10:08 AM
would have commented on the sound, but these stupid computers. But I thought it was wel, um, no comments right now.

fiercest tiger
05-06-2006, 12:59 PM
I dont think i got through the whole clip, plus i didnt have speakers!

Dont give up your dad job bro!:p Go back and train your fu more...hehehe

WinterPalm
05-06-2006, 06:39 PM
I am not a dad.
I don't practice wushu so naturally it is not going to look very pretty.:D

fiercest tiger
05-06-2006, 09:22 PM
I thought all the tiger claws and iron body you would look very pretty, you should be a dad?

:p

WinterPalm
05-07-2006, 07:05 PM
I dont think i got through the whole clip, plus i didnt have speakers!

Dont give up your dad job bro!:p Go back and train your fu more...hehehe

Up there, it says "don't give up your DAD job bro", I assumed it to be a misspelling but you haven't noticed yet!:D Just being cheeky.;)

Actually, when you do iron body with the right amount of sunlight coming in from the veranda, and some soft flute music playing, with the smell of blooming jasmine flowers, and heroic thud, thud, thud, of your training going full tilt...it can be a very pretty, if not serene thing.

fiercest tiger
05-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Make a clip of it?:)

David Jamieson
05-08-2006, 05:39 AM
It needs a voice over to tell you what's going on and give general gist of story. (you know, the deep voiced guy saying "one man, his mission, chi zombies and a girl etc etc etc)

maybe a few titles for effect. (Horrendous! Gorey! etc etc)

and some blood gore special fx on titles to give it that drive in feel. (splat on screen like a bucket of red goo thrown at the camera *note-place plexiglas shield in front of camera before tossing bucket))

imagery isn't contiguous and needs to be sewn together to make it trailer-licious... (more time in the eidting room, you need to be more anal about what goes in and how it is presented, half measures LOOK like half measures in art or film or anything.)

^the above are actual comments and constructive criticism related to the production of film and film trailers. :P

jethro
05-08-2006, 04:43 PM
that sounds a lot like a movie I saw like a year ago, land of the dead. So make sure you make a better movie than that for your next production, ok winterpalm:p

David Jamieson
05-08-2006, 07:42 PM
well, zombie flicks as a genre don't have a lot of room to move beyond the key points.

I.E - zombies are somehow all over, they want to eat you, sometimes you can lock yourself in a boarded up house and other times, a mall allows for more stupendous zombie explosion scenes.

Other than that, we're not likely to see anything along the lines of zombie: remains of the day , or grapes of wrath night of the zombie, or waiting for zombo, etc etc. :p

WinterPalm
05-09-2006, 12:47 PM
This movie is about the search for the fountain of youth by a group of gangsters, real not hip hop, when they get there, it is located near an inbred redneck colony, the leader drinks from the fountain, which is guarded by Kwai Chang Kane, this causes the dead to arise who are after CHI. Then the gangsters must battle the zombies to try and stay alive long enough to gain immortality...

I figured the trailer was straight forward enough to get all of that across but maybe not.:D It was also just a teaser we showed at the second screening of our first film. As well, this film is not even half shot and so we are working on the rest, a website, and shall be showing more trailers as time goes by and we will be explaining a bit more. This was just a quickie to screen to bring in some interest in people playing zombie extras.

We've even got a Chicago style blues song about Chuck Norris in there!

jethro
05-09-2006, 02:39 PM
I would have watched the trailer all the way through but with no sound, there was no point. But it seems to be me and only a few others that can't figure these stupid puters out. If I have some time, I wilkl try to write a response again, but no comment for now:D