PDA

View Full Version : Professor Lau Bun’s Sup Ji Kau Da Kuen

HSCLFCPA
05-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Does anyone know if there is book written with pictures illustrating Professor Lau Bun’s Sup Ji Kau Da Kuen set (or the second Choy Lay Fut set, Cross and Reserve Fist)?

GM Doc Fai Wong has the DVD available. I am getting live instructions (not from DFW or his disciples) and I would like to purchase a book to take written notes.

Leo Fong has a book with pictures illustrating Professor Lau Bun’s Cheong Kuen set (Long Fist of CLF) and I used it to take notes.

Thanks.

CLFNole
05-03-2006, 06:54 PM
I think I hear Frank's footsteps coming now...

To answer the question no Lau Bun books.

hskwarrior
05-03-2006, 07:01 PM
:D you sly devil CLFNOLE, you ear clf is pretty good.

anyways, your best bet for video tape on Lau Bun's CLF is to go thru DFW.

however, one of my students have me doing it in competition in Kansas.

i can see if he can get me a copy.

hsk

CLFNole
05-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Frank, out of curiousity is DFW's tape the same form as the one you know or is it altered for video purposes?

hskwarrior
05-03-2006, 08:48 PM
to tell you the truth,

i've only seen the Wah Lum tape of DFW performing our butterfly knives set. however, it is also different (the same) but different. sections are either double up for left and right, or re-arranged differently. patterns the same.

now, DFW on my links site is performing the Siu Mui Fah (i think in china).

basically, CLFNOLE, i couldn't tell you becuase i've never been interested in what he's got.

hsk

CLFNole
05-04-2006, 06:58 AM
I have seen those tapes as well. His ping kuen & wu di do had similarities yet differences to our sets as well.

Lama Pai Sifu
05-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Frank,

Can you post the link of DFW doing that form?

And I got back from China last week. Great trip.

Visited the Fut San Hung Sing Gwoon...had a great time there, saw a few pics of you as well. I have a lot of pics, I can send you a couple if you want.

Did you get Disc I sent you, finally?

Give me a buzz when you can.

hskwarrior
05-04-2006, 09:07 AM
yeah i finally got the disc. nice.

so you saw pictures of me in fut san, huh?

yes, please, email them to me.

i'm glad your tripe was good.

i'll post the DFW link right here in this post

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4009427808729173494&pl=true

TenTigers
05-04-2006, 09:37 AM
That was not Siu Moi Fa Kuen. I had learned that form,(my Sifu learned it from someone under H'o Ngau) and it was very similar to DFW's tape series as well, and this set was completely different. Must have been labled incorrectly.

hskwarrior
05-04-2006, 10:16 AM
I have a tape of Sifu Troy Dunwood doing some CHAN family stuff, and the patterns are the same.

i was wondering if thats not Siu Mui Fah, then what is it?
\
what did you guys think of it?

you guys understand his movement is HIS movement. nothing like the Lau Bun lineage. at all. although i can say, he does still have the Lau Bun horse. I can tell that one a mile away.

hsk

hskwarrior
05-04-2006, 10:20 AM
does anyone here know the significance of the chan familie's doing a tip toe horse in the bow instead of a kneeling horse?

hsk

CLFNole
05-04-2006, 10:37 AM
I have seen the Chan siu mui fah and that wasn't it. As far as the bow goes it is not a Chan thing but rather varies from player to player. We do 3 stances & 3 bows, (horse to cat to bow, sei ping ma, dew ma, gong ma). I have seen others non-Chan family included also do the bow in just the cat stance. I think the reason is that the bow sequences can be long and it is just a means of making it short.

I believe the oldest bow involves the lau kwai ma since being low to the ground is considered to pay more respect.

hskwarrior
05-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Lau Kwai Ma?

Kneeling Horse?

hskwarrior
05-04-2006, 10:57 AM
the fut san hsk does not have a Siu Moi Fah set, so he didn't get that from us.

I wonder if that set is from Wong Gong? IF Wong Gong was the Jiangmen Chan Family Rep, and he is of the Chan Family, i wonder why no one recognizes that set?

i did hear that he possibly was taught wrong on purpose but thats another thread.

CLFNole
05-04-2006, 10:59 AM
I have seen about 3-4 different versions of Plum Flower and that looks nothing like any of them. Perhaps it was just mislabeled as many video clips on the internet are.

Mano Mano
05-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I’m not sure but think the form is fut cheurng. The is similar to the Buddha palm form he brought out on video a few years ago

CLFNole
05-04-2006, 11:31 AM
You might be right about that I remember seeing this set performed on someones website and it was performed in the same manner. They refer to it as an internal CLF set and play it somewhat tai chi like. Not sure but I think you are correct.

TenTigers
05-04-2006, 01:29 PM
That might be it-I remember an article on it, and it mentioned the cross legged sitting position, and the use of open hand strikes. The other thing is I believe in Chan Family, the height of the bow indicates the seniority of the performer-beginners are in lok gwai ma, senior players are in diu-ma.

hskwarrior
05-04-2006, 02:06 PM
where you been troy?

how's it going?

Lama Pai Sifu
05-04-2006, 04:33 PM
Frank,

I'm glad you got the disk....uh...your welcome!

I'll send you some pics.

hskwarrior
05-04-2006, 08:14 PM
sorry mike if i seemed oblivious. I am thankful for you sending me the dvd. i do appreciate it. i though i did thank you, so i checked it out and realized i didn't.

Sincerely, i apologize.

hsk

Lama Pai Sifu
05-05-2006, 06:15 AM
Just jokin' my brother! I'm glad you like the disc....some neat stuff on there, no?

Send me some stuff too! I will put some more stuff on DVD for you soon. Send me an email when you get a chance!

Eddie
05-05-2006, 07:03 AM
sorry to go of topic, but you seem to know this. I wonder, what software do u use to make video clips from a dvd. for eg, i have video footage (on dvd) that i want to make little clips of (same as lama pai sifu's clips with text intro ect). how do i do that?

htowndragon
05-05-2006, 09:55 AM
hey lama pai sifu

i want a disc too!!

Lama Pai Sifu
05-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Need I mention what exactly Frank had to do in order to get the sacred disk? (It's not really sacred..just some demo clips)

I venture to say that not many of you would be so dedicated as to do what he has done for me.....

Lama Pai Sifu
05-05-2006, 12:01 PM
Seriously, STUDIO 10 is the program I use. It's pretty good and easy to use.

A pinnacle product

Eddie
05-05-2006, 12:53 PM
baie dankie :) (thank you very much)

is it a free ware program or do i need to buy it?

Ill go search for it now. thanks again