PDA

View Full Version : Can tell me what it says?

hskwarrior
05-04-2006, 10:52 AM
here is something in chinese about Hung (Hung Mun) Sing Kuen.

is there anyone here that can tell me in english what horses are they talking bout.

洪胜拳法

我派拳技,始于新会、佛山,而盛行于广东各地,素以口口相传,甚少有文字之纪述,再加上历代宗师的籍贯不同 ,乡音各异例如扫捶读成哨捶,昂掌读为钢掌等,若再不加以考证,就失去其本来意义,本人有见及此,先将其辨 证以训门人。
  一、北胜支流横桩开式等三——七式,有称为扑翼手、白鹤亮翅,本人则以“盘桥佛指及双穿掌 为名”
  二、标马;乃飙马之吴。(飙——动而快速也)
  三、扭马、麒麟步,一式两名,但偷马或偷步,败马或败步则须明确分辨,凡接近敌人的叫偷,远离敌人的叫 败。
  四、丁字马、子午马、弓箭步,名异而实同,然而我派之抛捶则属两仪马(子午者,北与南也;两面三刀仪者 ,东与西也,又说:两仪生四象,四象生八卦)简单地说:子午马——向正前方攻击。两仪马——向侧面攻击。因 而有所不同。
  五、插捶中有阴、阳、平、昂,而掌法中有“四平顶掌”“挂捶撑掌”均为阴阳掌,为什么有叫“朝手钢掌” 为缠手昂掌属阳掌,此亦乡音之误也。
  六、拐马抛须、拐马抛腮,摆马抛梳……莫衷一是,叫它“败马挂捶”或“偷步挂捶”,直接了 当。
  七、车轮滚虎、车轮滚鼓,就成了高山滚鼓,扑通扑通,(不通不通)叫它“走马挂扫”多明确 。
  八、减手、间手、耕手,叫它“照镜手”清晰明 。
  九、推弹扫捶,改为“卸马盘扫”。

(来自:佛山旅行网)

Indestructible
05-04-2006, 07:14 PM
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

Babelfish says: (chinese simp to english)

Hong victory Chinese boxing I send the fist technique, the beginning to Sunwui, Foshan, but is in vogue to Guangdong each place, the element hands down by the mouth mouth, discipline of the really unusual writing states, in addition all previous dynasties master of great learning and integrity's native place is different, the local accent each different for example sweeps the thump to read Cheng Shaochui, raises the palm to read as the steel palm and so on, if again does not perform to textually research, loses its original significance, myself taking this into consideration, first its dialectical teach the disciple. First, north the victory branch horizontal pile opens the type and so on three □□seven types, has is called throws oneself the wing, the white crane bright wing, myself "refer take plate bridge Buddha and double put on the palm as" two, the sign horse; Is Wu of the anabatic wind horse. (Anabatic wind □□moves but is fast also) three, turns the horse, the unicorn step, type two, but steals the horse or 偷步, defeats Ma Huobai step to have to be clear about the resolution, every gains contact with anenemy calls to steal, is far away the enemy to be called the defeat. Fourth, T-shaped horse, midnight and noon horse, arrow step, different and really with, however I send it to throw the thump to be two meters horses (the midnight and noon, north and south; Both sides three knives meters, east and west also, also said that, Two meters live four elephants, four lifelike Eight Diagrams) put briefly: Midnight and noon Ma?? to dead ahead attack. Two meters Ma?? to flanking attack. Thus has differently. Fifth, inserts in the thump to have cloudyly, positive, is even, raises, but holds in the law to have "four flat topping palms" "to hang the thump to support the palm" is the masculine and feminine elements palm, why has calls for to be troublesome "towards the hand steel palm" raises the palm to be the positive palm, this also local accent by mistake. Sixth, turns Ma Paoxu, turns Ma Paosai, suspends Ma Paoshu... ... Unable to agree, calls it "to defeat Ma Guachui" or "偷步 hangs the thump", was direct has worked as. Seventh, the wheel rolls the tiger, the wheel rolls the drum, became the mountain to roll the drum, splash splash, (didn't pass) calls it "to gallop on horseback to hang sweeps" is clear about. Eighth, reduces the hand, the hand, ploughs the hand, clearly calls it "the speculum" to be bright. Ninth, pushes the ball to sweep the thump, changes "卸马 the plate to sweep". (Comes from: Foshan travel network)

hskwarrior
05-04-2006, 08:18 PM
thanks i got the same thing with worldlingo.com

but i wanted an english translation of what horses are they talking about.

For example the "Sign Horse", what is that?

midnight and noon horse?

you know things like that.

hsk

Fu-Pow
05-04-2006, 09:35 PM
It says, and this is a rough translation:

Attention: If you are Gwai Lo stop trying to read this. Gwai Lo's should not try to read Chinese because the characters are very small and reading them will eventually cause you to go blind. Your eyes are not trained. You must begin from small age writing character and practicing the secret Golden Eyelid method. Furthermore, if you are Gwai Lo trying to read this this probably means you are trying to learn kung fu too. Ancient chinese proverb say kung fu designed for small asian men not big hairy Gwai Los stop immediately and go back to whatever you were doing before you started trying to read chinese characters and learn kung fu.

Most graciously,

Chu Wong Fu -in the year of the Rabbit 1456

That's a direct translation...I swear.;)

hskwarrior
05-04-2006, 10:39 PM
ya momma.

fu pow, have you apologized yet?

David Jamieson
05-05-2006, 04:33 AM
Those are instructions on how to clean the deep fryer and they include a warning for all employees to wash their hands.

CFT
05-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Frank,

标马 - seems to translate as "sign" horse but doesn't really make sense. I wonder if the wrong character was used and it should be the character for dart (biu). The description is that once in motion, one should be quick.

丁字马、子午马T-shape horse, "Centreline" horse (North/South) both the same thing. Used for frontal attack.

There is also mention of the 两仪马 (liang yee maa) which is used for attack from the side (East/West).

两仪 生四象,四象生八卦 - This is a Taoist saying: (Taiji gives rise to) liang yee (two extremes?), which gives rise to 4 shapes (sei jeung/si xiang), which gives rise to the 8-trigrams (bagua).

Very formal and traditional writing style in that article/book.

hskwarrior
05-05-2006, 08:37 AM
i believe that has to do with Jeong Yim's original Hung Sing Kwoon.

but CFT, thanks for your help. all these other fools act like kids.

thanks again.

hsk