PDA

View Full Version : 18 fingers of death

BruceSteveRoy
05-05-2006, 06:40 AM
i was wondering if anyone has an opinion of this movie. i haven't seen it and am not sure if i want to. i read a review that compared it to kung pow. i hate that movie so i am reluctant to see 18 FoD. normally i would just rent it but i haven't seen it in my video store and i can buy it for 10 dollars. so if there is anyone out there that says its worth it let me know. thanks.

GeneChing
05-05-2006, 10:47 AM
18 Fingers of Death: 18 Reasons to See It by Craig Reid (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=657) :cool:

BruceSteveRoy
05-05-2006, 11:18 AM
wow, after reading that how can i say no? i loved spinal tap and all the other mockumentaries of that genre. thanks gene. i will go buy it this afternoon.

Hard Fists
05-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Yo, i've actually been debating the same thing. Let me know your honest opinion after you see it.

HF

BruceSteveRoy
05-08-2006, 06:14 AM
ok, i saw 18 FoD this weekend. i liked it. it was very silly. but i don't think i can recomend it simply bc i know that it is not the kind of funny most people like and then if someone saw it and didn't like it they would always question my judgment. i think it has a very select audience. not necessarily martial arts fans. the only thing i can say is if you like bruce cambell movies (bubba ho-tep, man with the screaming brain, etc.) you will probably like this. its the same kind of low budget, campy humor. i happen to love low budget cinema and think that over acting is comedic genious. but thats just me. so i don't know if that helps or not.

Hard Fists
05-09-2006, 08:58 AM
I'll check it out. thx

Hard Fists
05-15-2006, 11:50 AM
I think you just have to take this movie as what it is..I liked it a lot.