PDA

View Full Version : Izo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jethro
05-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Very weird movie. I wanted to see if I could get some movie talk going this sunday afternoon at work. I know dwid and shaolinlueb have probably seen this and I know that is has to be one of those movies that you love or hate. I loved gojoe and that's why I was recommended this???? I hated this. It was DEFINITELY crazy enough for me and CERTAINLY unique enough. But it was a wild ride that I just didn't feel involved in. The Bob Sapp fight is a great part. But I can't say that was any better than the rest of the movie. i had to watch it twice and I think I got it. But it just tries to be to deep while you know all to well what the point of the movie is. Death. And the version I got did not have subs for the songs!!!!! Not that that's any different than the movies I usually watch, but this guy was put in there as a guy who I know had to play a role. he had around 15 freaking minutes of singing that could have well been dialogue, I mean fuhk, he had like a 5 minute solo performance around the middle of the movie.

So maybe this is a flick you have to watch while on mushrooms. i didn't like fear and loathing and seem to be the only one, but hey druggies, this definitely seems like a movie for you.

dwid
05-07-2006, 02:19 PM
Honestly, I haven't seen it. I read a synopsis that sounds good. But Takashi Miike stuff is real hit or miss for me. I've seen stuff I like (Audition) and stuff I found unwatchable (Gozu). So, it could go either way for me.

From the sounds of it, Izo may have suffered from the problem I had with Gozu - too much dialogue that doesn't really move the plot along. Basically, it was boring - lots of stuff going on, but nothing that really grabbed me.

jethro
05-07-2006, 03:03 PM
well, it's not exactly boring. The only thing that I got out of the movie is that izo has to keep on killing people and he hurts more and more every time he kills, yet he has to keep on killing. The whole inner hell ge was in, was just too wierd for me. Always going through like portals, demons in business suits. I can see why people liked it, but I like horror movies, not jidaeki's that scare the s out of me. Some of teh opponents he faces are really cool. I know miike did azumi. And I LOVED deadly outlaw:Rekka. And that movie is a whole nother topic for anothr thread. So if you are looking for a good miike film, check that out, looking for psychoness beyond comprehension, izo fits the bill, easliy. But check out rekka for the music alone, I can;t believe I had never heard of japan's black sabbath.

PangQuan
05-08-2006, 11:55 AM
i liked izo.

i didnt spend too much time paying attention to the story. i just let myself ride the slaughter fest. it can be a good mindless ride.

jethro
05-08-2006, 04:20 PM
But once izo had been sliced up over 1000 times, and had beeen shto over and over, it just got tiring. And the killing was cool, It's just that I need a story. And did the version that you saw have subtitles for the songs or do you speak japanese? Cause I had one hell of a hard time makign it throught the 128 minute runnign time.

PangQuan
05-12-2006, 04:18 PM
subtitled.

Mr Punch
05-16-2006, 04:33 AM
I know miike did azumi. Nope. He didn't.

jethro
05-16-2006, 11:22 AM
but from what I heard, it sounds like teh same type of gore as izo, any opinion on the movie?(IZO)

jethro
05-16-2006, 11:23 AM
subtitled.

If the songs were subtitled I really think the movie would have been better. Because when the end comes around, I just feel misinformed.

jethro
07-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Honestly, I haven't seen it. I read a synopsis that sounds good. But Takashi Miike stuff is real hit or miss for me. I've seen stuff I like (Audition) and stuff I found unwatchable (Gozu). So, it could go either way for me.

From the sounds of it, Izo may have suffered from the problem I had with Gozu - too much dialogue that doesn't really move the plot along. Basically, it was boring - lots of stuff going on, but nothing that really grabbed me.

I can't decide which I hated more. Gozu or Izo. I certainly will not be searching out his films:(

Su Lin
07-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Hmmm on the fence about him, Gozu was really crazy and couldnt manage Ichi the Killer either, although Im thinking I may be able to deal with the anime version, as it's not "real" ! I felt an odd sense of achievement that I managed to sit through to the end of Gozu!

jethro
07-30-2006, 03:14 PM
not a bad ending, just not a great movie or nothing. A weird one though:eek:

Su Lin
07-30-2006, 03:15 PM
I know what you mean!

Shaolinlueb
07-31-2006, 11:49 AM
man i dont know why everyone loved azumi. other then the hot babe slicing people up i thought it was awful.