Sun.25th: 10am-12noon
&
Mei Hua Shou (Plum Blossom Hands)
Form and application
Sat.24th: 2-5pm
Sun.25th: 2-5pm

Tuition:
Pre-registered before June 17th:
$25 per session, or $75 for whole weekend.
After June 17th:
$30 pre session, $120 for whole weekend.

To register, or for any questions contact:
Mr. Jake Burroughs three_harmonies@hotmail.com
505-385-2987 / www.threeharmonies.com

Tanglang Shou Fa (Sat. & Sun. 10am-12noon):
Northern Praying Mantis is renowned for its hand techniques and speed, and this seminar serves as an introduction to various methods of attack, and defense unique to Northern Praying Mantis boxing systems. Various techniques will be represented with variations for defense as well as offense in a completely hands on seminar.
No experience is necessary in any martial art, nor Mantis as the practitioner will find parallels between their given art and the material presented from Mr. Burroughs. All levels and ages are welcome.
Jake will teach material mostly from Meihua (Plum Blossom) and Liuhe (Six Harmonies) boxing systems, but will also draw upon some techniques from Babu (Eight Step) Mantis as well.
Improve your hand dexterity, speed, as well as sensitivity while exploring various applications that make Mantis so effective and unique!
Meihua Shou Form & Applications (Sat. & Sun. 2-5pm):
Meihua Shou, or “Plum Blossom Hands” is a wonderful form from the Meihua Tanglang (Plum Blossom Mantis) Boxing system that was passed on to the Wutan Canada organization via Su Yu Chang, and is reputedly from the Plum Blossom master Li Kun Shan.
Fast hands, quick takedowns, and powerfully deceptive strikes make this form exceptionally applicable as well as a favorite within tournament circles (Jake has won several tournaments with this set). As with all forms taught by Jake all traditional applications will be taught within real world scenarios and variations of certain techniques.
Again no previous experience is required as this form is a great introduction to the Northern Mantis systems, yet will challenge the seasoned martial artists as well.

A non-refundable $50 deposit is due prior to June 17th to ensure your space. Seminar location and other details will be given at time of pre-registration.

About the Instructor:
Jake Burroughs brings over 15 years of experience in the martial and healing arts to this seminar in an effort to share his understanding of the traditional Chinese Martial Arts as taught to him through the years. Jake is the third disciple of Hu Xi Lin (Richmond B.C.) in the arts of Meihua & Liuhe Tanglang Quan, and sole representative of Hu Xi Lin’s in the USA. Jake is also coached by Tim Cartmell in the arts of Xing Yi and Taiji.
Having won many tournaments, as well as working in the security field for over 5 years, Jake is dedicated to studying, teaching, and sharing the traditional arts of Chinese martial and healing culture. He brings a multi-faceted approach to teaching with a BA in Asian Studies, a graduate of the NM School of Natural Therapeutics, as well as a virtual who’s who of martial art teachers.
We hope you can join us for this great weekend of training, and making friends. Feel free to contact Jake Burroughs with further questions or to register today!
Jake Burroughs
three_harmonies@hotmail.com / 505-385-2987
www.threeharmonies.com

:)

Banjos_dad
05-25-2006, 04:56 PM
sounds like the excuse i needed to check out y'alls school, i go to lmaa but i have never been able to keep my love of cma confined to one style so i like to cross train also.

i went to www.threeharmonies.com and looked. do you guys spar with gloves on all the time? like san shou?

peace, maybe see you next month at one of the seminars.

--wes

Three Harmonies
05-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Wes
I am not familar with LMAA? You are welcome anytime my friend. We spar with different situations/equipment depending on the person and training. Lately I have had a hard time getting my guys to spar. If you are referring to the pictures on my site those were from an article on doing throws with san shou gloves on in the latest issue of Kung Fu TaiChi magazine.
Cheers
Jake :D
three_harmonies@hotmail.com

Banjos_dad
05-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the reply, i PM'ed you about my school, you'll probably recognize who we are. We're the ones with the big lunar New Year thing every year.
I did ask about the gloves because of the pictures at the website lol. i'm glad i asked instead of assuming.
Here's hoping i can make it to the seminar & find out more about northern mantis. Thanks again.

EDIT

also props to being in KF TC Mag :cool:

Three Harmonies
05-30-2006, 05:31 PM
I have had a couple questions, so I wanted to clarify that the seminar on Tanglang Shou Fa is NOT a form, it is a general overview of some of the hand methods found within Mantis. The second seminar on Mei Hua Shou IS a form that will be taught in it's entirety with as many apps as we you all can stand.
Sorry for any confusion.
Hope to see you there!
Jake :D