PDA

View Full Version : Gay/Bi/Tran artists???

Cobra Commander
05-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Hey guys just a quick question. Do any of you know of any gay/bisexual/transgender Wing Chun students or Boxers? Muay Thai, Filipino arts?

Just curious and, how does your instructor or peers react and deal with this when the student reveals his/her/(it?)'s identity?

To me, when I saw a video clip of Mike Tyson kissing one of his male trainer's full on the lips after a successful match, it shows me that the world of professional boxing doesn't have any "beef" with such an issue.
I think Mike Tyson might actually be bisexual... a very tough and dangerous bisexual.

anerlich
05-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Just curious

Yeah, SURE. :p

We've had at least one openly gay guy who was a good student. He wasn't treated any different to anyone else.

Embrace diversity, don't fear it.

To me, when I saw a video clip of Mike Tyson kissing one of his male trainer's full on the lips after a successful match, it shows me that the world of professional boxing doesn't have any "beef" with such an issue.

Yeah, right, Mike T is such a well-adjusted individual.

In Rocky III, Apollo Creed kisses Paulie full on the lips while Rocky is beating Mr T (the guy with the obviously out-gay haircut). If that ain't validation of bi-curiosity in boxing, I don't know what is.

lawrenceofidaho
05-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Film about the Muay Thai fighter who used his purses (tee-hee! ;) ) to pay for his sex change operation:

http://www.beautifulboxer.com/flash/eng/index.html

"I think Mike Tyson might actually be bisexual"

Ask his former cellmate.......

Cobra Commander
05-09-2006, 07:52 AM
What about schools in your cities/towns that cater mainly for gays/bi's/transexuals?

Like in the Gay parts of San Fransisco, New York, Toronto, etc etc?

Is there a tough league of gay Wing Chun secret lineages the general public doesn't know of???

stricker
05-09-2006, 02:03 PM
so i guess ill have to post the link then :

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2016913861605326007&q=knockout&pl=true

anerlich
05-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Is there a tough league of gay Wing Chun secret lineages the general public doesn't know of???

Why? You looking to join?

There's a thread called "Does Wing Chun make you go gay?" somewhere in this forum that a search might find. This might help you, er, explore you interests further.

Buddha_Fist
05-10-2006, 12:49 PM
What about schools in your cities/towns that cater mainly for gays/bi's/transexuals?

Like in the Gay parts of San Fransisco, New York, Toronto, etc etc?

I've heard that there's a Secret Gay Wing Chun Society somewhere in the Northeast. Hmmm... Might have been San Francisco, actually.... El Castro maybe?:D

Chief Fox
05-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Why does a person's sexuality matter in a martial arts school? Who cares? Mike Tyson kissing a guy on lips says to me that he is comfortable with his masculinity. Unless of course he slipped him the tounge, grabbed the guys junk and dry humped his leg. That means something else entirely.