PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm too deadly to spar

SanHeChuan
05-09-2006, 07:59 PM
I just want to make fun I this guy but I can't so I thought I'd vent here.

So we're sparring in class right. Now my right pinky is broken so i don't put I glove on that hand so I won't be tempted to use it. But today we are doing these block counted drills that require two hands. I don't put on my other glove because I'm used to sparing without gloves from my other school and I have good control and cotton soft hands when I want.

I'm sparring/drilling with this brown belt cat and I block to the out side and drop a counter right below his ribs. I used my broke hand, I didn't (couldn't) make a fist, and my wist was even bent. I did not hit this guy hard. It could only have been light contact.

The dude has to take a moment to recover like I just hit him in the nuts, and I want to laugh at him but i don't. We continue on. The next day this guy shows up but doesn't participate, because he's still recovering. I'm like WTF?

Side note: The guy all most got his nose broke when I threw a side kick to his chest and he dropped and blocked my kick up into his face/nose. Luckily I was able to pull it. But I digress.

Anyway did my broke finger poison is Qi or WTF? Am I really a bad ass but too humble to admit it, even to myself? :rolleyes:

What?! don't interrupt me when I'm asking a rhetorical question!

anyway that's my story it ain't much but make of it what you will.

jethro
05-09-2006, 08:09 PM
I just want to make fun I this guy but I can't so I thought I'd vent here.

So we're sparring in class right. Now my right pinky is broken so i don't put I glove on that hand so I won't be tempted to use it. But today we are doing these block counted drills that require two hands. I don't put on my other glove because I'm used to sparing without gloves from my other school and I have good control and cotton soft hands when I want.

I'm sparring/drilling with this brown belt cat and I block to the out side and drop a counter right below his ribs. I used my broke hand, I didn't (couldn't) make a fist, and my wist was even bent. I did not hit this guy hard. It could only have been light contact.

The dude has to take a moment to recover like I just hit him in the nuts, and I want to laugh at him but i don't. We continue on. The next day this guy shows up but doesn't participate, because he's still recovering. I'm like WTF?

Side note: The guy all most got his nose broke when I threw a side kick to his chest and he dropped and blocked my kick up into his face/nose. Luckily I was able to pull it. But I digress.
I was kinda confused up to here, but then was completely lost when I got down there:confused:

Anyway did my broke finger poison is Qi or WTF? Am I really a bad ass but too humble to admit it, even to myself? :rolleyes:

What?! don't interrupt me when I'm asking a rhetorical question!

anyway that's my story it ain't much but make of it what you will.

Did hieronim type this for you ?:p

SanHeChuan
05-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Yeah, no, I don't think I quite captured the self depreciating essences that is Hieronim. But if you want I could go and pick a fight with a 12 year old girl and tell you all about how she was disrespecting me. B!tch kept mad dogin me with that lazy eye, so you know I had to keep it real.

That's what Hieronim reminds me of "When keeping it real goes wrong." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY8YnoJcn_M&search=Chappelle

But we were talking about how I'm a loser ;) And my amazing chi power. :p Focus!

Reference for "amazing chi power"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNQwWBg8OTs

jethro
05-09-2006, 09:27 PM
I met hieronim one time, he took me to the spot where his friends hang. That guy on the dave chappelle show, the one who gives good instructions on how to make crack, that's one of his guys, he's kind of scary in real life. Also met the guy who invented the yo-yo, overall pretty cool.

PangQuan
05-10-2006, 10:37 AM
the guy you were sparring is suffering from a dibilitating condition many martial artists suffer from.

its called Pooossyitis

Chief Fox
05-10-2006, 11:14 AM
You are the deadly.

Remember, with great power comes great responsibility. <-- I learned that from Uncle Ben.

David Jamieson
05-10-2006, 11:23 AM
sparring at the hospice with the clients is not cool man. :p

Shadow Skill
05-10-2006, 11:24 AM
:D You hit that hard w/ a broke finger, bent wrist, and unclosed fist.... remind me never to fight U

GreenCloudCLF
05-10-2006, 06:55 PM
You are the deadly.

Remember, with great power comes great responsibility. <-- I learned that from Uncle Ben.

he makes the best rice.

SanHeChuan
05-10-2006, 07:11 PM
When you can still fell your foes with really bad technique you know your bad. I mean as in good. :rolleyes:

Does uncle ben make those 90 sec rice pockets because those rock!

GreenCloudCLF
05-10-2006, 07:34 PM
When you can still fell your foes with really bad technique you know your bad. I mean as in good. :rolleyes:

Does uncle ben make those 90 sec rice pockets because those rock!

yeah...minute rice started them, but uncle ben perfected them!

dainos
05-10-2006, 07:52 PM
did you hit him under the ribs near the sternm? if you did hit there it was basically you kicking him in nuts. he wasnt pre pared for that kinda of strike. its a human weak point i have accidently hurt someone like that 3 time with a playful punch that had almost no power in it?

David Jamieson
05-11-2006, 04:57 AM
mmm...

I think a little knowledge of superficial anatomy is always a good thing for a fighter to have.

for instance, the sternum is not 'beneath the ribs at all. :p

The Sternum (http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/biology/humananatomy/skeletal/sternum/sternum.html)

SanHeChuan
05-11-2006, 09:01 AM
No I didn't hit him in the solar plexus.

I hit him on the side, maybe the floating rib, or in front of it.

But because of the minimal amount of force I hit him with, even if I had hit him in the nuts he shouldn't of had to take a day off to recover from his "injuries".

That's why I'm going with Poison Chi, when you think about it's the only thing that really makes sense. :D Come to think of it I haven't seen him since, He could be dead. :eek:

matt
05-11-2006, 10:11 AM
you probably hit him in the liver 13 accupuncture point. it is located at the tip of the floating rib you can ko people there and it hurts for a few days afterward. the angle you strike is toward the center of the middle heater located behind the sternum or toward the dantien. both of these strikes is very dangerous if you ko an opponent with them there is a chance they might not get up.

SanHeChuan
05-11-2006, 01:56 PM
Thanks matt

you have restored some of my respect for the guy. What's the middle heater?

SEE, I told you all...Poison Chi! :eek:

PangQuan
05-11-2006, 02:21 PM
the middle heater, i believe, is comprised of the stomach and the spleen.

the combination of these two organs, and thier function, is in itself viewed as a seperate operating organ.

there is an upper, middle and lower heater.

Chief Fox
05-11-2006, 03:48 PM
there is an upper, middle and lower heater.
Yep, as in "I stuck her with the Lower Heater" ;)

SanHeChuan
05-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Ah, he is not dead. He showed up today after about two weeks. Said he was out with an injuries and other stuff. I didn't ask but I'll assume for now it was my dim mak. Two weeks...my chi is strong, but not yet deadly. Maybe I should eat more spicy food.

I think the school he went to before sparred harder than this one, atleast that was my impression.

The guy is just so tense and stiff all the time he's practicly brittle. I could really see him being prone to injurites. You can't exactly roll with the punches or absorb any kind of strike like that if you know what I mean.