PDA

View Full Version : New Wing Chun NHB movies

aaron baum
05-11-2006, 02:01 PM
there are 2 new clips of myself and alex fighting at Pride & Glory:Dropzone 2 in amateur NHB in March in Newcastle....both of us won, alex with a rearnaked choke after about 20 unanswered knees and myself with a 'feed the baby' choke after a few good bodyshots took this fight away....both in the 1st round...all good

best

aaron

aaron baum
05-12-2006, 09:08 AM
sorry boys...im such a fool...forgot the link..here they are

aaron is www.alanorr.com/htdocs/image...pride&glory.mov
alex is www.alanorr.com/htdocs/image...ideandglory.mov

apologies

aaron

aaron baum
05-12-2006, 09:11 AM
please ignore the last post these are the correct links...i know, too many punches has caused my brain to stop working...

aaron is www.alanorr.com/htdocs/images/aaron%20pride&glory.mov
alex is www.alanorr.com/htdocs/images/alex%20prideandglory.mov

apologies

aaron

sihing
05-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Cool stuff Aaron,

I admire your guts for getting in there and mixing it up full contact like that, bravo... It must be hard though to not go for the head when fighting this way. I would assume that you have to train quite a bit to build this habit while competing.

James

aaron baum
05-15-2006, 03:27 AM
we do a lot of body sparring anyway as it helps us to build good structure, conditioning, stickiness, body control etc...a lot of people chase the head, but not many can hit the body that well...and if you look at people like ricky hatton etc its clear that if you can hit the body, to hit the head is not hard...but if you head hunt, hurting the body is not always that easy....

also it helps to develop the ability to stop the takedown....when there are no headshots, people can rush in and take you down a lot easier as they dont have to worry about headshots, so to be able to stop this is a good skill to develop....

the main thing we train differently or increase coming upto the bout for me personally is the fitness training needed...until you compete its hard to understand the ATP and adrenaln dump you get and the amount of anaerobic/aerobic fitness you need....you need technique but hell you need the rest as well....

best

aaron

sihing
05-15-2006, 06:37 AM
we do a lot of body sparring anyway as it helps us to build good structure, conditioning, stickiness, body control etc...a lot of people chase the head, but not many can hit the body that well...and if you look at people like ricky hatton etc its clear that if you can hit the body, to hit the head is not hard...but if you head hunt, hurting the body is not always that easy....

also it helps to develop the ability to stop the takedown....when there are no headshots, people can rush in and take you down a lot easier as they dont have to worry about headshots, so to be able to stop this is a good skill to develop....

the main thing we train differently or increase coming upto the bout for me personally is the fitness training needed...until you compete its hard to understand the ATP and adrenaln dump you get and the amount of anaerobic/aerobic fitness you need....you need technique but hell you need the rest as well....

best

aaron

Agreed with the fitness thing, I can only imagine for the ring it would take quite a bit of condition to be able to stay in there. I remember gettin butterfly's competing in track events in school, the ring would be much more stressful..

James

aaron baum
05-22-2006, 01:39 AM
dealing with the nerves was one of the main reasons i started competing....its hard to produce the same feelings training (even when you are hard sparring) that you have in a real fight....nerves, worry etc....so in competing you have similar feelings of stress....ive found it a good way to learn to live with those butterflys and use them to my advantage....but thats my path not anyone elses, others maybe different....

in the end its just good fun and you learn certain attributes that have definately helped me become a better fighter and martial artist...

best

aaron

ChangHFY
05-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Hi, Aaron. I wasnt able to check out the links. But congratualations, its always great seeing another Wing Chun guy winning full contact fights. If you dont mind me asking as far as training. Do you address all ranges in sparring? such as kicking, punching, trapping, grappling, etc... And how long do you spend on each?
Anyways congratualations.

take care,
zaijian

sir-elrik
05-29-2006, 06:16 AM
congrats for having the guts to get in there and many thanks for solving the long going question of "is wing chun practical in a ring".

Only one thing . please can u upload smaller files takes ages till be downloaded

keep up the good work