PDA

View Full Version : Question for Shi De Gen's line

Royal Dragon
05-13-2006, 04:41 PM
Are you guys planing to release more Shaolin Tai Tzu? I know the form has 3 roads. I am very interested in seeing a good performance of the other two roads.

I found the VCD of the first road quite by accident (on recomendation of a friend) as it is not labled as such. I was *Very* impressed with the performance. It is the best I have seen so far, and i can really see the traditional flavor in the structure, and body mechanics of that performance. The apps were really good too!

Anyway, I am curious if you plan to release the rest of it?

Thanks in advance

Gian

gwa sow
05-15-2006, 05:57 AM
how much different is it than the other shaolin videos. i downloaded one i found on the net. i like the form but not really to much the way it is performed. also were can this one be found?

GeneChing
05-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Check out our Shaolin Kung Fu 2000 (http://www.martialartsmart.net/vidshaolkun2.html) video. The bulk of it is footage of a live demo performance (local masters and a visiting Shaolin demo team), but there's a special extra track of Shaolin Grandmaster Zhu Tianxi (Buddhist name: Xing Zhen), a disciple of Shaolin Temple Monk Shi De Gen doing an applications demo.

Sal Canzonieri
05-15-2006, 09:58 AM
how much different is it than the other shaolin videos. i downloaded one i found on the net. i like the form but not really to much the way it is performed. also were can this one be found?

Go here:
http://www.cmaod.com/ShaolinLink.html

and then click on:

Genuine Shaolin Kungfu Series 1
Genuine Shaolin Kungfu Series 2
Genuine Shaolin Kungfu Series 3
Genuine Shaolin Kungfu Series 4

These are from Shi De Gen's line, they are the most authentic and most traditional of the various VCDs of Shaolin forms out there.

So much better than all the other others! The others ones are all modern wushu influenced too much.

Royal Dragon
05-15-2006, 06:24 PM
In the links Sal posted above, the Shaolin Tai Tzu is stock number SL270

Unless you know Tai Tzu though, you will not know what this is by the cover.

It's simply titled "Shaolin Long Fist Applications (1)" It gives no hint as to what the real content of the VCD is.

gwa sow
05-15-2006, 10:09 PM
yea i was checking those out. its funny, thats the one i was actually thinking about getting. didn't even know it is taizu. cool