PDA

View Full Version : OT:Grizzlor a reality or an omen?

mantis108
05-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Once upon a time when an adnormality in a spiece or hybrid spiece is discovered, it's more or less regarded as an omen of sort. Take the white Bison (baffelo) for example, it is consider a sacred animal.

Now enter the Grizzlor - half grizzly and half polar bear! This animal is shot on April 16, 2006. It is a know fact that Grizzly and Polar bears are neighbours. Theoretically, they could produce off spring. But that's extremely rare. Unfortunately, the young male Grizzlor, which is a name dudded by the scientist, is shot by hunters thinking that it is a polar bear. Because the bear looked more like a polar bear then a grizzly, scientist believe that the mother is likely a polar bear and the father would be a grizzly.

So is this simply a fluke or another example of evolution we will see more of this? Or is this a sign or omen that global warming is driving wild animal mad? They finally begin to cross breed for survival? Will there be an Uber bear spiece that conquer all? Will human became God's gate keeper (this time quite innocently) stopping all the illegitimate laisons of animal spieces?

Personally, it's a sign that times are changing. What do you think?

Mantis108

SPJ
05-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Evolution comes and goes in all sorts of ways.

Some milion years ago, panda bears did not eat bamboos.

And now they have teeth to chew the leaves and branches.

And they like to eat the bamboo shoots, too.

--

However, some mixed or cross bred may not have offsprings, if the chromosomes do not match in pairs.

:D

Oso
05-16-2006, 08:16 AM
one day they will come.

and I will be waiting.

:cool:

BruceSteveRoy
05-16-2006, 08:26 AM
as a member of the Colbert Nation Army i must say that we must put an end to all bear copulation and reproduction. They are Godless killing machines and they are after our honey and women. No longer must we be content to sit back while they ruthlessly conquer our northern lands. It is manifest destiny that those lands are rightfully ours. To arms we must put an end to bear tyranny!

Oso
05-16-2006, 08:44 AM
A - We're not godless. We worship Shardik

B - you got the order wrong...'woman and honey'

BruceSteveRoy
05-16-2006, 10:26 AM
the richard adams shardik or the stephen king shardik?

Oso
05-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Adams

but, you just took all the fun out it

BruceSteveRoy
05-16-2006, 11:03 AM
lol than i have succeeded in overcoming your evil ursine plot. take that bear hugger. Colbert Nation Army 1, Evil ravenous killing machine 0.

mantis108
05-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Forgot that Oso is Da Bear Man! :D Sorry man.

Well, speaking of bear Man, did anyone watch the "Grizzly Man"? There's a scene where 2 male bears were fighting for the right to mate. I swear it's the bears that inspired Sumo, wrestling, Shuai Jiao, Judo, BJJ, etc. The smaller bear won (he pulled guard :eek: ) because the bigger bear just literally shiit its pants while trying to get a cross side position. It's hilarious. :D

The moral: must empty bowel before rolling or you will not be getting a piece of the lady :D

Mantis108

The Willow Sword
05-16-2006, 12:13 PM
"Grizzly Man" is one of my favorite documentaries and Timothy Treadwell, although he was a bit of a fruitcake, is a personal hero of mine.

Yeah that bear fight was pretty neat. Did you catch that one of the bears, while fighting, took a giant sh!t? I wonder if THAT would imspire new methods of beating your opponent in a grappling match?
just imagine it, you are grappling with some dude, then all of a sudden he takes a huge cr@p and rolls you in it. would you submit?? LOL:rolleyes:

As always,,TWS

Oso
05-16-2006, 01:48 PM
lol than i have succeeded in overcoming your evil ursine plot. take that bear hugger. Colbert Nation Army 1, Evil ravenous killing machine 0.

your name is on the list. sleep tight my little friend.

Da Bear

Don't you mean, "Da Xiong":cool:

I've got mixed feelings about Treadwell. Mostly because of the time I found myself climbing up the hill towards the big brown sitting in a patch of berries while in Glacier an vacation. Freaked my girlfriend out. Treadwell pushed the limits and gives truth to:

"Sometimes you don't eat the Bear and sometimes the Bear eats you"

jethro
05-16-2006, 04:53 PM
I don't know if it is evolution, but just more survival, and they probably correlate with eachother anyway. But hopefully there does become a special new species, not just to put in the zoo though.

SPJ
05-16-2006, 07:16 PM
It is not an omen.

Whatever happened in the nature, the nature will take care of or select for a better element.

however, there are a lot cook up genetics in the lab.

bigger mango, more fruit meat, more juice, less seed size.

tomato sweeter and bigger.

seedless watermelon.

chicken with more meat and eats less feed.

--

etc.

:eek:

Crushing Fist
05-20-2006, 06:40 PM
it's a bear's life (http://www.abearslifemag.com/)

;)