PDA

View Full Version : Kung-Fu Clothes

yutyeesam
05-15-2006, 09:55 PM
So in those Chinatown gift shops, they have the Kung-Fu frog button outfits (cotton) in a bunch of different colors. I've seen brown, red, yellow, green, and blue (and of course, white and black). The thing is, I have yet to see any of the martial arts wholesalers sell the cotton Kung-Fu outfits with so many color choices. Definitely not AWMA and Century, but also, not Tiger Claw or Jonie. Well, I suppose Jonie's and Superior Arts can have it made, but it'd be expensive because it would be custom made.

The gear in Chinatown was like $50, max. Any idea what wholeseller these Chinatown shops get such cool colorful cotton Kung-Fu clothes from?

Thanks for any insight,

doug maverick
05-17-2006, 10:42 AM
those cotten kung fu suits are like 25-30 bucks in NYC chinatown. they pretty much have them in all colors(even pink and lavender)

yutyeesam
05-18-2006, 05:59 PM
I know! It's sooo sweet! And for some reason, all these MA suppliers don't have this good stuff, so you have to get it custom made for like 200 bucks.

Doug, any idea whatsoever where these Chinatown shops get these colorful outfits? Because obviously, there's a wholesaler somewhere that stocks these. Maybe some of these wholesalers might even be progressive enough to have a website...but, heh, a gift shop in Chinatown, I wouldn't imagine deals with very progressive wholesalers. But...maybe?

jethro
05-18-2006, 06:59 PM
well, i don't see myself ever wearing it out of the house, but I will cetainly be getting one:D

yutyeesam
05-18-2006, 09:49 PM
it's a start, check out some of these bad boys:
http://www.asianideas.com/kungfusuits.html

jethro
05-19-2006, 11:07 AM
you have no idea how big the grin on my face is. :D , that really does it no justice, my smile is actually taking up 100% of my face

jethro
05-19-2006, 11:17 AM
When I become really good at the ma's, I will move up to this one. A little more flashy.

BruceSteveRoy
05-19-2006, 02:18 PM
lol i bought a silk kungfu outfit in Beijing for 2 dollars and a cotton outfit that was heavy enough to wear in winter for 5 dollars. Chinatown gets them for the same prices and marks them up an insane amount. chinatown most likely gets stuff even cheaper bc they buy in bulk. i rmember my wife was trying to buy a silk robe and they wanted 800 yuan (100 USD) and she haggled the woman down to 35 yuan. the prices in US are outrageous.