PDA

View Full Version : Jeet Kune Do Concepts

DrunkenMonkey
10-22-2001, 02:51 AM
This is a rip off of Wing Chun, seriously. I sparred someone yesterday who has studied JKD for 3 years and has no experience whatsoever in Wing Chun, and his very basic techniques and patterns match those of several Wing Chun practitioners that I have fought and seen in the past.

Rip off, man. Rip off

"****ed be the day that befalls us in a most hostile manner that shall compromise our Country, and ****ed be the great lengths at which are required of to stir our Patriotism." - Anonymous

Chris McKinley
10-22-2001, 06:56 AM
Uhh...now, you DO know that Wing Chun is one of the primary sources that Bruce Lee drew from in establishing Jeet Kune Do, don't you? With that in mind, it's perhaps not so scandalously surprising that a JKD practitioner might have some techniques of obvious WC derivation in his arsenal.

Grappling-Insanity
10-22-2001, 07:32 AM
Obviously you dont know what your talking about. Like the other person says it has a large base in WC. Every JKD school is pretty different from what I've seen.

fiercest tiger
10-22-2001, 08:22 AM
:rolleyes: :eek: :p :D

come & visit us!
http://home.iprimus.com.au/ykm
yaukungmun@hotmail.com

Watchman
10-22-2001, 09:15 AM
I'm detecting theme here. :D

Kristoffer
10-22-2001, 03:00 PM
LOL

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

Buby
10-22-2001, 06:04 PM
Oh snaps :p :p :D

What a moron!

FT! Who loves ya babe?:D

Buby "YKM Gangsta"

Yo Dogs ya bes chill
Cause I flip like sifu Gary and his Yau Kung Mun click, wit two kicks and three pheonix fists
Trust dukes, your gonna split from the ging running through the wrist.

yenhoi
10-22-2001, 06:34 PM
hahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahaha.

I bet upon closer inspection you will find your opponent's arms merely looked like he was using wing chun, perhaps you should study his entire technique (back leg, heel, hips, footwork, etc, etc.)

but still...

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahha.

strike!

rogue
10-22-2001, 10:54 PM
JKD stealing from WC is absurd. If JKD was a car thief and WC was the car, the only thing missing would be the hub caps. :D

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban who right about now is getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

LEGEND
10-22-2001, 11:26 PM
LOL...

A

rogue
10-23-2001, 03:40 AM
Honest question, how many JKD people have studied WC in depth?

"Americans don't have the courage to come here," Mullah Mohammed Omar, leader of the Taliban who right about now is getting jiggy with his first of 70 virgins.

“Are you guys ready? Let’s roll.” Last words of Todd Beamer heard over his mobile line right before rushing a hijacker.