PDA

View Full Version : OT: do you Chan/zen dating?

SPJ
05-18-2006, 07:22 AM
I was reading the epoc time.

There was an article reporting that Chan dating is popular nowadays.

So you just look at each other or sense each other across the table. there are no words or conversation.

If you like each other without words, you then move on to movie or concert.

Again, there are no word exchanges. You may sense each other if you like or do not like the movie or concert.

--

:D

PangQuan
05-18-2006, 10:47 AM
that is interesting.

FuXnDajenariht
05-18-2006, 11:52 AM
that is stupid....we aren't animals... we dont sense potentially ideal mates. we communicate. we hafta express our ideas and feelings to the outside world to interact with it.

anyhow sensing things only somewhat works with people your already familiar with...like knowing when your wife is ****ed and you should probably go out to the pub for a few hours.

i figure you'd hafta be the buddha himself for that to even come close to havin any benefits....

Judge Pen
05-18-2006, 12:01 PM
At least 75% of all communication is non-verbal. That being "said" you really can't tell anything about a person by looking at them expect their outward appearance. "She has nice cleveage, pretty eyes, full lips. Yep, I'd do her." That's a good message to send.:rolleyes:

MasterKiller
05-18-2006, 12:39 PM
I Zen f***pretty much every chick I see.

neilhytholt
05-18-2006, 02:09 PM
Not talking is a really bad idea. In fact, just regular dating is a really bad idea.

There's too much chance for deception. You don't know the person. You don't know if they lie, if they're a stalker, if they have STDs, if they plan on using you for money, if they're already going out with somebody else, etc. etc.

You probably shouldn't go out with somebody you already don't know pretty well.

PangQuan
05-18-2006, 02:32 PM
ya, you should just get a job selling on ebay, get your gorceries delivered and never leave your house too.

jethro
05-18-2006, 02:49 PM
I was reading the epoc time.

There was an article reporting that Chan dating is popular nowadays.

So you just look at each other or sense each other across the table. there are no words or conversation.

If you like each other without words, you then move on to movie or concert.

Again, there are no word exchanges. You may sense each other if you like or do not like the movie or concert.

--

That is very interesting though. There are so many times where you really don't want to talk, but with how much I ramble on, it would be hard to stick by it all the time, but neat little plan. Doubt the ladies would like it though.

neilhytholt
05-18-2006, 03:46 PM
ya, you should just get a job selling on ebay, get your gorceries delivered and never leave your house too.

How did you know? ;)

No, seriously, after decades of dating and marriage, the fact is that you won't know somebody very well at first, and they will hide things from you, and they will deceive you.

If you don't mind that, catching diseases in this day and age of STDs, the financial burden of deceitful relationships and spouses, etc., then nothing's stopping you from doing that.

It's your choice, I guess. :)

SPJ
05-19-2006, 07:35 AM
the article was arguing that we are living in a era of overflow of info input.

internet, cell phone, cable, satellite TV 24/7 etc

therefore some quiet time with the opposite sex may not be a bad idea.

Ironically, this is still better then arranged marriage of the old China.

Everything is said by both parents and the match.

Some indirect info about future spouse.

You sneak preview the girl in the back yard.

The first time you see the girl is at the wedding nite unveiling the head curtain.

There are also some drawn pictures or actual photoes.

--

SimonM
05-19-2006, 07:43 AM
Between my main profession as a language teacher and my sideline work as a writer I am perhaps just slightly biassed but I find language to be an essential part of communication.

Is body language important? Yes.
Can one do away with linguistic communication in some form and still have meaningful communication? Not in my opinion.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm all for lying quietly in bed, looking into the eyes of somebody I love dearly. I just don't think that the time for silence is when you first meet.

Then again I also have a bit of a knee jerk reaction to doubt the epoch times. If they were to publish an exposee that the sky was blue I'd probably go to the nearest window to check. And then reply with: "no, it's grey".

Judge Pen
05-19-2006, 07:59 AM
the article was arguing that we are living in a era of overflow of info input.

internet, cell phone, cable, satellite TV 24/7 etc

therefore some quiet time with the opposite sex may not be a bad idea.

It's not a bad idea. Turn off the cell-phone and have a nice dinner that focuses on conversation or take a walk in the park etc. When I go home, the cell-phone is turned off. I don't have a T.V. in the bedroom either as that place is for rest and, um, quality time with my wife; not for watching South Park.

Oso
05-19-2006, 09:08 AM
ha...you're still a newlywed dude...give it a few years and you'll be laying awake watching re-runs of bay watch while she snores. ;)

MK has eye-raped the correct.

Crushing Fist
05-19-2006, 09:24 AM
we aren't animals...

then what are we?

vegetables?

minerals?

running out of choices...

we dont sense potentially ideal mates. we communicate.

that's a nice idea...

too bad its not true

at any rate, vocalizations are an integral part of many species of animals' mating ritual. doesn't make us special.

I would say that the actual communication of ideas is pretty much out of the loop in the human mating ritual.

that being said, there is just no way in h3ll this zen dating thing will ever catch on.

ever.

Judge Pen
05-19-2006, 03:33 PM
ha...you're still a newlywed dude...give it a few years and you'll be laying awake watching re-runs of bay watch while she snores. ;)

Maybe, but I'll do it downstairs on the couch. I think that you will keep that fire around longer if there are fewer distractions in the bedroom.

GeneChing
05-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Oso, don't be dissing Baywatch. Pamela Anderson made me turn vegetarian.

Oso
05-19-2006, 09:57 PM
Oso, don't be dissing Baywatch. Pamela Anderson made me turn vegetarian.

Pamela Anderson has got to be the grossest example of a woman anywhere.
Sorry, fake blonde hair and fake tits...just don't get it. And, she's really kinda ugly in the face.

JP, you're right of course. And, apparently, you are getting the fire on pretty good...congratulations.

SimonM
05-20-2006, 02:54 AM
Yeah... It would be nearly impossible for my girlfriend to look LESS like Pamela Anderson. And I couldn't be happier. :cool:

FuXnDajenariht
05-20-2006, 03:04 AM
then what are we?

vegetables?

minerals?

running out of choices...

that's a nice idea...

too bad its not true

at any rate, vocalizations are an integral part of many species of animals' mating ritual. doesn't make us special.

I would say that the actual communication of ideas is pretty much out of the loop in the human mating ritual.

that being said, there is just no way in h3ll this zen dating thing will ever catch on.

ever.

i think your looking at this a lil too simplistically.... :confused:

i dont know... some people have a problem accepting this but though we have a hell of a lot in common with animals on the basic level i think saying we are the same thing is overgeneralizing. our minds separate us. man means thinker. we are superior to animals though nowadays its politically incorrect to say so. i have no problems accepting that. doesn't mean i think its right for us humans to impose our wills on nature as we do now.

if you wanna break it down further we're all just masses of various molecules but that doesn't do much to explain the different forms molecules take. everything evolves. man and animal. one day there'll be something superior to us humans im sure. nature is constantly trying to perfect itself.

i also wouldn't say hoots an howls are even semi comparable to the complexities of language. yes animals communicate in their own way but i dont believe its even close to the ideas and concepts we can convey through speech. how would say a dog explain quantum physics through scent markers or a whale explain western philosophy through sonographic clicks and ticks?

human language is mans greatest invention in my opinion, least until we can communicate telepathically.

SimonM
05-20-2006, 04:10 AM
Thing is Fuxn that most other animals DO think.

They just don't have our level of technology.

The natural tool makers include:

Humans
Chimpanzees
Bonobos
Orangutans

The natural language makers include

Humans
Chimpanzees
Bonobos
Whales and Dolphins

These languages do go well beyond "hoots and howls". In the case of Chimps and Bonobos there is a very complex system of body laguage that accompanies vocalizations. The main restricter on further complexification of their language lies in the shape of their trachea.

And as for wales? It's only the fact that humans have had limited luck figuring out what they are saying that keeps people from calling whale calls a language universally.

and Gorillas have demonstrated the aptitude to teach human-instructed language to their offspring independantly.

These lists are not entirely exclusive

The natural social animals include

Pretty much every mammal to some level

Now, mind, the languages and tools of humans are more complex than those of the other animals listed but greater complexity alone is not sufficient to separate us from our bretheren. Whether it's Des Cartes or Chomsky you are deriving your idea of humans as separate and superior from it's still not condusive with the facts on the matter.

FuXnDajenariht
05-20-2006, 11:10 AM
but i guess its all comes to your definition of the different aspects separating man from animal. i still believe there is a certain something that separates us from other creatures. a single cell amoeba is also an animal like chimps and gorillas but no one puts this on the same evolutionary ladder. it may be humbling to believe so but all things aren't created equal. i do see animals having personalities and intelligence, i never said they didn't, but its only a small part of the full potential that nature gave us. people are held accountable for animalistic behavior because we hold ourselves to a higher standard. i see us as evolving ****her and ****her away from being simply apes. apes are good at simple ideas and mimicry but then what? now if a gorilla were to create its own concepts from sign language.....that would be something.

FuXnDajenariht
05-20-2006, 11:26 AM
and what does descartes and chomsky have to say on the matter? im not familiar with their work....

Crushing Fist
05-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Hehehe... metaphysics

so what makes humans special?

I have to return to Nietzsche again (as always) and play the devil's advocate.

what did he have to say on this topic?

he called humans "the sick animal" :)

are we really higher than the animals we come from? or are we just a mutated evolutionary dead end?

we certainly think very highly of ourselves, but do we as a species deserve such praise?

certainly there are examples of extraordinary humans, men and women who have given the species as a whole all its science, philosophy, art and various technologies... but is this the norm?

far from it.

in fact for the average man the seperation from his animal cousins is not so profound at all.

he is a creature of habit... his world is ruled by basic desires, not lofty ideas

no matter how much he would like to believe otherwise.

as for the dolphin language... they can be taught to understand our languages to at least some extent, but we have not begun to decipher theirs.

and if we are talking about brain mass...

now for the real flame war to begin I will bring up the name of a man which always succeeds in bringing contempt

SITCHEN

hehe

how about the idea that the reason for human's marked difference from his cousins is not due to direct evolutionary forces but instead was caused by genetic tampering by alien astronauts long ago...

this is a theory which explains a great many otherwise unexplained mysteries and which should be considered seriously

hail satan

FuXnDajenariht
05-20-2006, 04:19 PM
lol d@mn nihilists

well a relatively short time ago according to scientists we were still swinging from trees and throwing our own sh!t so i wouldn't discount of us yet. if we manage not to incinerate the earth with nuclear weapons i can't even imagine the evolutionary steps humans will leap to.

i used to be as misanthropic as the best so yes i see animalistic behaviors in even the extraordinary examples of human beings but more and more i notice extraordinary things out of everyday ordinary people. yes we have a sorry excuse for culture and civilization in alot of cases. overhyped to be sure, we have a long way to go. but i can see the leaps and bounds we made in recorded human history in the last 10,000 years. thats an incredibly short time span. from scribbling art in caves to charting space.....

i wouldn't trade in my ideals and beliefs or the the ability to create things like art or music, to shape the world around me, my imagination and will being the only limit, or to discover how life and the universe operates. not for swinging in trees and throwing my own sh!t.

and about dolphins or whales. dogs can understand basic human language too. so dolphins have big heads? lol i never thought that was the only deciding factor in intelligence anyway. a human with half a brain can still outthink most animals.... i dont know though. i think it would be kind of cruel of nature to have a super intelligent animal stuck in a dolphins body.... no way to truly express itself. maybe speech and having thumbs spoiled me :D

oh yea and hail satan! :D

Crushing Fist
05-20-2006, 06:32 PM
trapped in a dolphin's body?

one of the most perfect forms in all creation

with the open sea as your playground... and with the best sashimi in the world for breakfast lunch and dinner! :D

the only thing thumbs are good for are using can openers anyway.

I recall reading somewhere (no idea where) that the language of dolphins is vastly more complex than any human language. and we just can't seem to figure it out at all.

avoiding the alien astronauts I see...

for shame

did you know in mapping the human genome they found a gene that shouldn't be there?

more evidence for us being an engineered species I'd say

humans aren't so great.. but we do have the potential to become something great, eventually

or we could be a disease

its a perfect analogy really

humans as a cancer on the earth

so long, and thanks for all the fish

;)

SimonM
05-20-2006, 07:14 PM
now if a gorilla were to create its own concepts from sign language.....that would be something.

They have.

Try googling "Ape Sign Language". Great apes instructed in standard American Sign Language routinely not only modify the language, constructing new concepts, but then pass on these modifications to their offspring through instruction.

As I said before greater complexity does not denote separate categorization. You class Chimpanzees in the same category as Amoebas? Chimps are 98.7% genetically identical to humans. If Amoebas are categorized in the same category as Chimps than Humans most certainly are.

Crushing fist got my point regarding dolphins out. It's got nothing to do with cranial capacity but rather with the clear fact that they have developed a complicated family of languages that makes me consider Dolphins to be entirely sentient. Had they opposable thumbs they'd probably be running the show.

GeneChing
05-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Don't be dissing my girl Pamela (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40199&highlight=anderson). :p

David Jamieson
05-22-2006, 01:06 PM
we have language and writing in multiple and mutually unintelligible flavours!

no other creature has the ability to record through documentation in any media such as humans do.

this is what truly sets us apart.

and for you biblical types it's like it says "At first, there was the word..."

pam's hot and oso is a dirty liar. :p

neilhytholt
05-22-2006, 01:15 PM
Pamela Anderson has got to be the grossest example of a woman anywhere.
Sorry, fake blonde hair and fake tits...just don't get it. And, she's really kinda ugly in the face.

JP, you're right of course. And, apparently, you are getting the fire on pretty good...congratulations.

They had a special on T.V. a while back about Pamela, and you know she actually wasn't bad looking before the fake boobs and pancake makeup.

I had no idea because I'd only ever seen her on Baywatch.

FuXnDajenariht
05-22-2006, 02:30 PM
doug adams is the man :D

if scientists cants decipher dolphin speak then how do they assume its more complex than our language? thats a very tall order.... in what ways is it more complex? how do they describe their world better than we do? do they have a thousand different words for water? seems like circular logic. if we can't decipher it then it must be too complex to decipher. a scientists pride....

and no im not touching alien astronauts... lol though i'd said before the big irony is we're all prolly in a big game of "sim life" run by bored computer programmers....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i never said amoebi and chimps were the same. both are animals but completely on different levels. thats the point i was trying to make. im not saying we're gods on earth but i do think we're superior to the rest. so what if we share 98.7% of monkey dna. every animal shares something in common with another. their are only so many logical forms that life can take on earth. we need thumbs but so do raccoons. nature recycles alot of good ideas. maybe that 1.3 percent makes all the difference. and correct me if im wrong but geneticists still haven't figured out what the functions of the other 90+ percent. they call it junk dna. its a possiblity they'll find other differences.

otters use tools....parrots talk....gorillas do math......dolphins rescue sailors. im still not gonna hold my breath for the dolphin version of pythagoras or chang tzu or siddharta gautama...

dolphins with thumbs is an interesting idea though.

i was reading this story by arthur c clarke (a fu'king genius by the way) about a mentally advanced species of wolf. they developed teleptahy, philosophy, and something like science. i dont think they were good at math for some reason. all types of yoda like abilities. but they couldn't really discover or manipulate anything about the world around them. they were limited in that regard. basically living in the pre-stone age no better than the simple minded beasts around them. forced to hunt for their food and sleep in open fields, basically completely at natures mercy. that is until they discovered a race of primitive apelike creatures. they were much less mentally advanced but were good craftsmen. so they developed a sort of symbiotic relationship and they both advanced each others cultures. the wolves able to to let their imaginations run wild and develop complex machines and tools, and the apelike creatures would create these things. they both made huge leaps in science and technology and civilization. charting the sea and distant lands.......biology.....agriculture etc...

so i know it can't be complex tools that set us apart, since some of the most enlightened men in human history lived as ascetics or hermits and gave up worldly possesions. it has more to do with the control we have over our destinies and our free will. our awareness and consciousness. and ape will always just be an ape. but an ape will never be a human. will humans always be just apes? :confused:

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 02:59 PM
when man lost the barbarian, man lost the animal.

barbarism is the true way of man.

civilization is the poison in which man moves further and further from the way of nature.

David Jamieson
05-22-2006, 03:10 PM
I forgot to add that we use cutlery and make porno.

ain't no dolphin porno out there, that's for sure.

as for ape sign language, well, for the most part, they learned that from humans and did not create it themselves.

most beings communicate in some way, including trees for pete's sake, yes trees!

Trees will warn each other of infestations by releasing chemical substance that will allow other trees to manufacture a repellent of sorts and avoid the infestation that is killing the messengers.

Now, I personally think that all living things share this same place and that is enough in and of itself to give value to all living things and no one species is greater than any other and each has their setbacks and virtues.

Humans are self evidently quite different from virtually all other lifeforms on earth in too many ways to simply write it off. But do we have more value than other living things? No. At least, not by my reckoning. All life has value. And because we really cannot escape dualism except perhaps through death or maybe momentarily through some method or another, the void has value as well, for it helps us to define what is and what is not.

neilhytholt
05-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Well basically you are asserting that dolphins don't show signs of civilization.

But you should remember that early humans likely didn't show any signs of civilization either, even though they were the same species as human.

So how do we decide, what is intelligent, and what is not? It seems communication, reasoning ability, and memory would be signs of intelligence, would they not?

Or do you have other criteria, like PSPs? Because by that criteria, early humans were animals, then, even though they were the same species as we are.

FuXnDajenariht
05-22-2006, 04:11 PM
i dont think anyone said dolphins dont show signs of civilization. but what is ur definition of civilization. it can mean alot or a little

ants show signs of civilization. some species have **** near utopian societies.

SimonM
05-22-2006, 04:20 PM
we have language and writing in multiple and mutually unintelligible flavours!

no other creature has the ability to record through documentation in any media such as humans do.

As I said humans have more complex technology than other animals. Writing is a technology it is nowhere near as old as biologically modern humans.

As for language in multiple and mutually unintelligible flavours the whales provide a strong example of non-humans who share this trait. A weak but present example is the fact that both communicative methods and toolkits vary from group to group of Chimpanzees.

FuXnDajenariht
05-22-2006, 04:22 PM
and i dont think one life should have more value than another. in fact i think because of our position we should be held to a higher standard in our relations to nature and life around us. meaning we should show compassion to all lifeforms and cruelty shouldn't be tolerated because we have the power to overcome our base instincts unlike other living things. but of course that isn't the case.....we have wars and poverty and we show most the cruelty to our fellow living creatures and to nature because our base instincts are bolstered by our intelligence, knowledge, ideals, imaginations and desires....... its a catch 22

SimonM
05-22-2006, 04:31 PM
I forgot to add that we use cutlery and make porno.

ain't no dolphin porno out there, that's for sure.

That's one of the reasons that Dolphins think they are smarter than people.

:p

GeneChing
05-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Weren't there dolphins on Baywatch?

MasterKiller
05-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Dolphins cannot apply "the shocker."

David Jamieson
05-24-2006, 10:23 AM
well the bottlenose ones can, but then it's more like the death by bunga bunga version of the shocker.

that would make for some really sicko porn by the way. :p

FuXnDajenariht
05-24-2006, 03:13 PM
Dolphin Moms Teach Daughters to Use Tools
James Owen
for National Geographic News

June 7, 2005
"When researchers first saw something strange on the snout of a dolphin in Shark Bay, Western Australia, they thought it was a massive tumor. Now they say it provides the first evidence of a tool-use culture in marine mammals.

The object turned out to be a marine sponge broken off from the seabed. Later other bottlenose dolphins in Shark Bay were observed holding sponges over their beaks, and appeared to use them as a fishing tool.

Researchers now report this odd hunting technique originated in a single female and is passed from mother to daughter.

Basing their findings on genetic analysis, the team suggests that this so-called sponging behavior represents the first known example of tool-related culture in cetaceans. Cetaceans are a group of mostly marine animals, including whales and dolphins.

Details of the study were published online this week in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The question of whether animals are, like humans, capable of culture has been hotly debated in recent decades. A growing body of research suggests that some animal populations do invent behaviors that are passed to other generations.

Outside humans, the best evidence for culture—defined as distinct and complex behavior originating in local populations and passed on through learning—comes from chimpanzees.

Research published in the journal Nature in 1999 summarized the findings of various long-term field studies, including those of renowned primatologist Jane Goodall. The research found significant cultural variations in wild chimp populations, with 39 behavioral patterns peculiar to local groups. Fifteen behaviors involved foraging using tools, such as probing for ants with sticks and cracking nuts with stones......................"

for the full article:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/0607_050607_dolphin_tools.html

FuXnDajenariht
05-24-2006, 03:21 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-2168604,00.html

Dolphins ‘know each other’s names’

Jonathan Leake, Science Editor

Whistles are used for individual recognition

DOLPHINS may be closer to humans than previously realised, with new research showing they communicate by whistling out their own “names”.
The evidence suggests dolphins share the human ability to recognise themselves and other members of the same species as individuals with separate identities. The research, on wild bottlenose dolphins, will lead to a reassessment of their intelligence and social complexity, raising moral questions over how they should be treated.

The research was carried out by Vincent Janik of the Sea Mammal Research Unit at St Andrews University, who has found bottlenose dolphins to be among the animal world’s quickest learners of new sounds.

He said: “Each animal develops an individually distinctive signature whistle in the first few months of its life, which appears to be used in individual recognition.”

The research has its origin in the 1960s when dolphin trainers first noticed that captive animals each had their own personal repertoire of whistles.

This prompted speculation that dolphins had their own language and might even have individual “names”. However, the theory was controversial among whale and dolphin researchers, and until now, there had been no means of testing it.

Janik’s work was based on a group of dolphins living in Sarasota Bay, Florida, who have been studied for more than 30 years. Over that time researchers have built up a detailed picture of individual dolphins, their family ties and their “social” interaction.

They have also made extensive recordings of the noises made by individual dolphins and isolated the sounds thought to be their “signature whistles” or names.

In the study some of the Sarasota Bay animals were corralled in a net. The researchers then played synthetic versions of the signature whistles of other dolphins through underwater loudspeakers to see if they would evoke a response in the captive animals. The use of synthetic whistles ruled out the possibility that the animals might simply be recognising the sound of each other’s voices.

They found that dolphins responded strongly to the whistles of their relatives and associates while generally ignoring those of dolphins to whom they had no link.

Janik said: “Bottlenose dolphins are the only animals other than humans to have been shown to transmit identity information independent of the caller’s voice.”

The findings are supported by other authorities. Denise Herzing, research director at the Wild Dolphin Project at Florida Atlantic University, said it was already clear that many of the 77 known cetacean (whale and dolphin) species had rudimentary languages.

“We know that dolphins’ brains are nearly as large and complex, relative to body size, as those of humans. They have evolved to be intelligent and that implies being able to communicate,” she said.

Dolphins may, however, be just the first of many species where individuals are found to have their own names. Other researchers have already found evidence for highly developed language skills in parrots, crows and primates.

Great apes, such as chimpanzees and orang-utans, have been a popular subject for research because they are so closely related to humans.

Their limited vocal apparatus means they cannot speak but researchers at Georgia State University have taught chimpanzees to communicate in English via computers equipped with customised keyboards and voice synthesizers.

The African grey parrot is another renowned linguist, able not only to learn words but to use them in the right context.

Even some rodent species may have developed a rudimentary language. Con Slobodchikoff of Northern Arizona University recently found that prairie dogs, a large rodent found in the western United States, shared a language of at least 100 words.

Donald Broom, professor of animal welfare at Cambridge University, said species living in large groups all had advanced communication skills. “They have a complex social structure where they have to live with others, negotiate friendships and find mates. If dolphins are using names I expect we will find the same in other species with similar lifestyles.”

neilhytholt
05-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Actually they had dolphin porno on some special with Robin Williams, and they have sex in like 1/4 of a second or something.

But seriously, how do we know that dolphins aren't slowly developing undersea technology? Maybe they just don't have arms and opposable thumbs, so they have a harder time building tools and things like that?

Crows, otters, certain monkeys (there are probably more -- I don't know) have all been observed using rocks and things like tools.

I don't think we can just assume that since we humans have technology that we are more intelligent than other creatures.

FuXnDajenariht
05-24-2006, 04:06 PM
see rest of thread_______^

GeneChing
02-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Anyone know 'former Shaolin monk' James Marshall?

Some Men Get Tongue-Tied with Women (http://www.sacbee.com/2012/02/03/4236308/some-men-get-tongue-tied-with.html)
"The Direct Dating Summit" is the "Velvet Tongue" Solution!
By The Direct Dating Summit
Published: Friday, Feb. 3, 2012 - 12:08 am

LAS VEGAS, Feb. 3, 2012 -- /PRNewswire/ -- On March 17/18th 2012, The Direct Dating Summit, held at a private location, will shatter all dating myths. Forget the Ferrari: Honesty is the way to attract dream women!

The Direct Dating Summit focuses on "the truth" about success with women - and life. Attendees will learn secrets that destroy limiting social programming, from a panel of experts, including:

Alan Roger Currie, author of the underground book "Mode One - Let the Women Know What You're REALLY Thinking," will teach how to become more confident, forthright, and authentic with women
Johnny Soporno, internationally renowned sexual anthropologist, will teach "The Monogamy Myth"
Badboy, will teach physical dominance, the natural way. He was featured in the bestselling book, "The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists"
Sasha Daygame, will teach how to incorporate fun and spontaneity into everyday life thereby making you more attractive to women
James Marshall, a former Shaolin monk, will teach how to leverage the power of intent, so that men can make women fall quickly under their spell.

According to Sasha, "Most men try to fool women into liking them by pretending to be a 'nice' guy. They fear if they reveal their true intentions, they would lose the girl. Not true. Women want authenticity."

The Direct Dating Summit transforms men from average guys into strong, confident leaders who are naturally attractive to women.

"This has nothing to do with looks," Sasha insists. "As long as a man is passionate and desires to succeed, this event will show them how to fundamentally change their life and attract the girl they've always dreamed of."

Tickets and further information about The Direct Dating Summit can be found at http://www.DirectDatingSummit.com.

Sasha has established an international reputation. He has coached men across 5 continents, and spoken at several major men's conferences that have been featured in Cosmopolitan Magazine, Maxim, CNN, MTV, FOX, ABC, KTLA Penthouse and Playboy.

Media Contact: Sasha Daygame Sashapua(at)gmail(dot)com 310-962-0106

LFJ
02-03-2012, 01:30 PM
http://thenaturallifestyles.com/faculty/james

http://thenaturallifestyles.com/sites/default/files/james-400.jpg

Love the testimonials:

On the second day of workshop I’ve actually pulled the girl and have had my first one night stand in my life! Of course I wouldn’t have been able to do that without help from James.

Read More

Mindaugas, 23yo. Lithuania. 10/11/2008

Don't miss the demo video!

Neeros
02-03-2012, 01:56 PM
This is genius, now I don't have to practice cheesy pickup lines. :p

David Jamieson
02-03-2012, 04:07 PM
These things should be taught in schools. :)

Royal Dragon
02-04-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't date anymore. Go back to my posts from 2004, to about 2006 to see why.

Royal Dragon
02-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Anyone know 'former Shaolin monk' James Marshall?

The last thing i need is to learn how to attract women. If anything, I need a course to try and repulse them.

I am still, to this day traumatized by that girl who tried to put my soul into one of her China dolls....and that was 6 years ago....we won't need to mention all the other crazy experiences I have had with women.

I truly understand why some men prefer to go up into the mountains, do nothing but Kung fu and become celibate monks.

GeneChing
02-06-2012, 10:08 AM
James isn't a member here, is he? Because he kind of sounds like a member. :o

ShaolinDiva
02-06-2012, 10:51 AM
The last thing i need is to learn how to attract women. If anything, I need a course to try and repulse them.

And why is that? are you brad pitt or something? :rolleyes:

Royal Dragon
02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
And why is that? are you brad pitt or something? :rolleyes:

You are kind of new here, so your remark can be excused. Lets just say that my escapades with women are legendary on KFM.

bawang
02-06-2012, 03:47 PM
i support chan dating, like shi yan ming and his bald korean lesbian woman.

Sardinkahnikov
02-06-2012, 04:14 PM
I am still, to this day traumatized by that girl who tried to put my soul into one of her China dolls

Please elaborate. :)

Royal Dragon
02-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Please elaborate. :)

I can't..I am still curled up in fetal position from the whole experience, and the nervous twitch is only just now subsiding. I am still suffering from a perminant dual personality disorder from the whole event....

You are going to have to search my posts from 2004-2006 or 07ish.

Key words would be Debbie, Susan and Doll Chick

Either that, or you can go to the main Kung fu forum and start a thread asking about "Royal Dragon's women troubles" I am sure all the old timers here would be more than happy to fill you in.

GeneChing
02-07-2012, 10:27 AM
I am sure all the old timers here would be more than happy to fill you in.

No we wouldn't. Just don't go there. Some archives threads in this forum are best left alone.

Sardinkahnikov
02-07-2012, 12:34 PM
I can't..I am still curled up in fetal position from the whole experience, and the nervous twitch is only just now subsiding. I am still suffering from a perminant dual personality disorder from the whole event....

You are going to have to search my posts from 2004-2006 or 07ish.

Key words would be Debbie, Susan and Doll Chick

Either that, or you can go to the main Kung fu forum and start a thread asking about "Royal Dragon's women troubles" I am sure all the old timers here would be more than happy to fill you in.

Found the story. Search-fu ftw.

I have to say, that was something else. I used to date a girl who still kept her barbie dolls well into her mid 20's, but the "doll chick" debacle is...well, disturbing. I wish you had taken a picture of your face at the moment you found out about her particular breed of insanity.

Also, what happened? Why no more funny dating stories? You could even write a book and title it "Royal Dragon's Tao of Love".

bawang
02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
if you are too much of a poosy to conquer those wimens, i will do it for you.

Sardinkahnikov
02-07-2012, 05:45 PM

I've been with the same lady for 6 years now. Conquer away, bawang, honor our likely ancestor, Genghis Khan.

RD'S Alias - 1A
02-07-2012, 06:29 PM
Found the story. Search-fu ftw.

I have to say, that was something else. I used to date a girl who still kept her barbie dolls well into her mid 20's, but the "doll chick" debacle is...well, disturbing. I wish you had taken a picture of your face at the moment you found out about her particular breed of insanity.

Also, what happened? Why no more funny dating stories? You could even write a book and title it "Royal Dragon's Tao of Love".

I am still traumatized. i don't date hardly at all.

I have one girl, who is broken up with her husband, living with her cousin, but not divorced yet (they have been separated for a year and a half now, and never talk). Getting her to come out is like pulling teeth though. I meet her for coffee every few months or so.

She is a vegan Yoga chick, who is very strong, but very soft and sexy at the same time. She is into a lot of new age "Awakening" kinds of stuff, and we have the most interesting and extensive conversations.

We both seem to be fairly cautious, and she lives kind of far away, so i don't think anything will come of it, but I do enjoy her company, even if it is rare. There is real chemistry there though, so who knows.

I had another insanely hot one, and it seemed like she would be a good fit, but she had a lot of drama with her ex's (as in 3 of them) going on at all times, so i carefully backed away from that one before I got too deep into her matriarchy.

Before that, I had nothing for years and years. The one right after the doll chick I had one date with, and backed out due to drama she was having with her most recent ex. We still talk often, and she is on my FB though. she has since moved to North Carolina or some such place and married a guy she grew up with.

So um yeah...I got nutt'n...outside of a healthy fear of the female gender.

RD'S Alias - 1A
02-07-2012, 06:37 PM

Have at it my friend!!

RD'S Alias - 1A
02-07-2012, 06:39 PM
No we wouldn't. Just don't go there. Some archives threads in this forum are best left alone.

LOL!!! :o