PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Kung Fu style

Water Dragon
05-19-2006, 08:25 PM
Hi everyone. I want to start learning Kung Fu, and I'm not sure where to start. I have a few question that I hope you guys wont mind answering. I guess I'm just not sure what style to look for. I would like to find something that works good in the street, and looks cool too so that I can impress the girls. I would also like to find a style that wears the white silk uniform with the big sashes. I think that looks much cooler than the karate uniforms. Oh! Somebody told me that I should study MMA style. Is that a type of Kung Fu? What does MMA mean? thanks

Dim Wit Mak
05-20-2006, 10:02 AM
Hey Water Dragon. Great question. With only 4000 posts (fuzzy rounded off math), I can see where you need guidance in this area. Study Burrowing Mole Kung Fu (Wushu Mole Dow). It has everything you are looking for. I will send you my correspondence course, a cool uniform, and the contact information for E-Harmony so you can hook up with a hottie looking for a cute martial artist. All this for the discount sum of $2,000.00. Add $250.00 if you want your black sash certificate included. :eek:

SPJ
05-20-2006, 06:31 PM
this is deep very deep.

if you want MMA, then do MMA.

If you want Kung Fu, then do Kung Fu.

MMA started to pick up more people in China.

I heard that MMA is up and down in Taiwan.

There are a lot of people actually in a fight club thru out Taiwan. You pay monthly fee to a gym. You rent the gears and a time in the ring. You play fight only with your friends and family or other club member. You may just fight. or pick up some lessons in the class in the gym.

fight for fun and relaxation not serious about winning medals or going pro.

:)

Royal Dragon
05-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Hmm, Me thinks you need Oom Yung doe! I hear you get the cool snazzy silk uniform once you make head national instructor!

chud
05-21-2006, 07:35 AM
http://masterjohnson.com/

svenfeynord
05-21-2006, 02:10 PM
That link looks like some weak aikido. Is that guy for real?

CaptinPickAxe
05-21-2006, 08:28 PM
WD, what's really good, friend?

I'm glad your sarcastic, because the first thought that came to mind is:
"Why God's sweet and holy name isn't he contacting Sifu Kirk?"
BTW, have you spoken with Sifu? Romor has it he has stopped teaching and Gene no longer speaks with him. I hope not, they were great teachers. Gene had the gentle reenforcement while Sifu was there to spike you off the mat to let you know exactly how your were fukkn up.

My girlfriend and I will be in Say Town this summer. We have to link up and get around to that smoke we never seemed to indulge in.

Mr Punch
05-21-2006, 10:15 PM
This (http://martial.best.vwh.net/forum/showthread.php?t=41234&highlight=tai+tzu) is the style you're looking for.

What does MMA mean? thanksMetrosexual Male Ambiguity... it's an advanced form of physical therapy for traditional martial artists to get in touch with their true yin-yang and prove their macho by rolling around on the floor in a deadly embrace.

:rolleyes:

golden arhat
05-23-2006, 09:28 AM
do xing yi ,hung gar orshuai chiao cos they work (not that the rest of the styles dont work these just seem to work best for me dont get offended anybody)

Water Dragon
05-23-2006, 08:46 PM
I talked to Kirk. He wanted more of a commitment than I was willing to give. It's cool, we were both looking for something different, so I started training at a Judo spot on West Ave.

What about Drunken Style? I saw that on a Samuraii Sunday movie once and thought it looked cool. I'd be a Pimp if I got in a barfight and whooped a bunch people's ass with that. Does Drunken Style have those white silk uniforms? And can I learn it from a video tape if I ask a lot of questions on the internet?

IronFist
05-23-2006, 09:25 PM
^ omg Samurai Sunday ftw!!!!1!1!1!1oneone!1!1!!eleven!1!1!!!11!!!

Water Dragon
05-23-2006, 09:28 PM
^ omg Samurai Sunday ftw!!!!1!1!1!1oneone!1!1!!eleven!1!1!!!11!!!

lol. You remember Son of Svengoolie?