PDA

View Full Version : someone to pratcice with or alone???

nickV
05-20-2006, 11:41 AM
if i practice alone and with a puching bag will that help me in a real fight or do i need someone to practice with??will practicing my stances,kicks,punches ect.... alone help me in a real fight is what im tring to say??thanks

Pork Chop
05-20-2006, 12:34 PM
you can definitely improve your attributes by training alone but it's very hard to develop and maintain your timing when working by yourself.

nickV
05-20-2006, 01:55 PM
oh,thanks.i got another question,can i teach myself diiferent styles of kung fu??rate now im learning shaolin.

EarthDragon
05-20-2006, 04:46 PM
nick V
on second thought you would be much better off playing with yourself.

FuXnDajenariht
05-20-2006, 05:05 PM
you can't learn to do anything without actually doing it, like all things in life, so you can't learn to fight without actually fighting. so hit the mats...

dont forget your jockstrap :D

SPJ
05-20-2006, 06:25 PM
This is a trick question.

There are certain things you may practice solo. the bag works and hitting etc.

But some techniques need to be worked out and practiced with cooperative then resistent training parteners.

--

:confused:

SPJ
05-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Shuai Jiao people will do some drills with props.

Then the rest is with a live partener.

:)

Pork Chop
05-20-2006, 07:24 PM
No, but with Kenny Weldon's tapes you *MIGHT* be able to learn to throw some punches. Also check out the title & ringside training vids & boxer's start up book.

I wouldn't try to learn anything complex coz nobody's gonna be there to correct your form. Basic boxing is about as simple as it gets as far as number of techniques, while still having levels upon levels of depth with those simple techniques that you can learn once you find a decent coach.

'sides, you got a heavy bag, so why not?

nickV
05-21-2006, 04:34 AM
i go to kung fu classes and we do get to block and throw some punches there,but not to many.i will probably get someone to throw some punches at me so i can block them at home and practice mostly all my other things alone.