PDA

View Full Version : How good is BJJ compare to CMA?

MyDrills
05-21-2006, 10:03 PM
I use cma against 3 or more opponents empty handed or with weapon. Can bjj fighter do that????

IMO. Even if a bjj guy gets on full mount, the other opponents will beat him.

unkokusai
05-21-2006, 10:25 PM
................:rolleyes:

David Jamieson
05-22-2006, 05:41 AM
it's the person, not the style.

next question

Ray Pina
05-22-2006, 06:30 AM
The real question is, can you beat a lone skilled Brazillian Ju-Jitsu player?

Who were these three men? Were they any good? Did they even exists?

I'm thinking if you are skilled enough to fend off three armed men (who I'm guessing would be motivated, being that they prepared themselves with weapons and are attacking in force) you are also experienced enough to know that each style has it's strenghts and weaknesses, you use your stenghts with ferocity and limit your weaknesses.

A BJJ player of your level may have handled the situation equally, just differently.

MyDrills
05-22-2006, 07:20 PM
Can a single bjj guy beat 3 blackbelters at the same time? the answer is No!!

I can, i use cma. Got my point mr. Ray?

Knifefighter
05-22-2006, 07:34 PM
Depends... if it is a really lame a$$ kung fu style like shaolin hung fut, BJJ is about 20 times better.

One BJJ guy could beat 20 shaolin hung fut guys.

MyDrills
05-22-2006, 07:34 PM
mr ray, i think you never seen a real kungfu fighter in action.

if were on the same place i can show you how its done.

Knifefighter
05-22-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't know about mr. ray or real kung fu, but I have seen shaolin hung fut practitioners try to fight and it was quite a joke... didn't have a clue.

SevenStar
05-22-2006, 07:48 PM
I use cma against 3 or more opponents empty handed or with weapon. Can bjj fighter do that????

IMO. Even if a bjj guy gets on full mount, the other opponents will beat him.

I work in an environment where I am not permitted to strike anyone. I use bjj and judo in multiple attacker situations. One assumption you are making is that I HAVE to take you to the ground, which is not the case.

On the same token, I've seen trained TMA get jaw jacked and skull cracked in multiple attacker situations. So what's your point?

Mr Punch
05-22-2006, 07:50 PM
So what's your point?He doesn't have a point. They won't allow him one where he is.

Mr Punch
05-22-2006, 07:52 PM
Can a single bjj guy beat 3 blackbelters at the same time? the answer is No!!

I can, i use cma. Got my point mr. Ray?I get it! CMA = Crystallized Meth-Amphetamine?

Green Cloud
05-22-2006, 08:03 PM
Has anyone seen the brazilian brawl. It's a 45 minute flick where the Gracies fight multiple atackers and they shoot them. Horrible movie

Merryprankster
05-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Ban him now and save us the trouble.

MyDrills
05-22-2006, 08:36 PM
I don't know about mr. ray or real kung fu, but I have seen shaolin hung fut practitioners try to fight and it was quite a joke... didn't have a clue.

what you've seen is another fake kungfu fighter, there's a lot there in the US!!

:) :)

MyDrills
05-22-2006, 08:42 PM
Depends... if it is a really lame a$$ kung fu style like shaolin hung fut, BJJ is about 20 times better.

One BJJ guy could beat 20 shaolin hung fut guys.

well if thats ur opinion, bjj is the best! what do you call sakuraba who is a gracie hunter?he beat 4 gracie bjj in a row.

so it takes 80 hung fut to match sakuraba? hahahhaa ur crazy :D

Ray Pina
05-23-2006, 06:30 AM
mr ray, i think you never seen a real kungfu fighter in action.

if were on the same place i can show you how its done.

I'll be fighting in NYC on June 4th, no gear, no rules.

I'll be fighting in a sanctioned MMA in Jersey at 174lbs on August 19th.

Put yourself in either place at that time and I'll be happy to compare with you. I study E-Chuan. Is it Kung Fu? I don't know. A man from China, who studied with some big names in CHina (Ba Gua, Hsing-I, pole, sword) and flew them here, put the style together in the good ol US of A.

I don't findy any grounds of relation with much of what is going on with "kung Fu" today. And my training philosophies differ greatly from MMA. But I was watching Spike TV last night and heard some of what Royce had to say and thought, that sounds a lot like my master: about building a foundation, then the walls, then the roof.... paint (individual moves) can be different every year.

I liked that. I like that I know I can call someone like you on your call out and there's 95% chance you're just a little kid playing on the internet or someone who watched too many Shaw brother movies. Or, the 5% chance you might show up and have some fun. Or I'll have some fun beating on you. Or you beat on me and I learn something.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

Or, we can just talk $hit over the internet.

I'm quite sure my CMA background is not only more extensive, but more authentic than yours..... respect the BJJ players. They train better than you do.

David Jamieson
05-23-2006, 06:59 AM
This thread is like when baby chimpanzees play with their own sh1t and throw it at each other.

hjt
05-23-2006, 08:00 AM
well if thats ur opinion, bjj is the best! what do you call sakuraba who is a gracie hunter?he beat 4 gracie bjj in a row.

so it takes 80 hung fut to match sakuraba? hahahhaa ur crazy :D

sakuraba is a pro wrestler, in case you didnt know.

hjt
05-23-2006, 08:02 AM
I'll be fighting in NYC on June 4th, no gear, no rules.

I'll be fighting in a sanctioned MMA in Jersey at 174lbs on August 19th.

Put yourself in either place at that time and I'll be happy to compare with you. I study E-Chuan. Is it Kung Fu? I don't know. A man from China, who studied with some big names in CHina (Ba Gua, Hsing-I, pole, sword) and flew them here, put the style together in the good ol US of A.

I don't findy any grounds of relation with much of what is going on with "kung Fu" today. And my training philosophies differ greatly from MMA. But I was watching Spike TV last night and heard some of what Royce had to say and thought, that sounds a lot like my master: about building a foundation, then the walls, then the roof.... paint (individual moves) can be different every year.

I liked that. I like that I know I can call someone like you on your call out and there's 95% chance you're just a little kid playing on the internet or someone who watched too many Shaw brother movies. Or, the 5% chance you might show up and have some fun. Or I'll have some fun beating on you. Or you beat on me and I learn something.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

Or, we can just talk $hit over the internet.

I'm quite sure my CMA background is not only more extensive, but more authentic than yours..... respect the BJJ players. They train better than you do.

theres an MMA fight on june 4th, where? i thought MMA fights were illegal in NYC?
but it would be interesting to watch?

godzillakungfu
05-23-2006, 08:19 AM
I use cma against 3 or more friends empty handed or with weapon. Can bjj fighter do that????.
There that looks much better. That is what you meant to say isn't it mytroll?

The answer is no BJJ fighters have no friends.:)

There are man frauds everywhere what is your point?

hungganyc
05-23-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm getting the impression that alot of people really don't know the diversity of CMA and certainly don't understand the broad definition of "kung fu".

I CHALLENGE, LOL, anyone to show me one empty hand/fighting technique from their style that doesn't exist in some similar manner through CMA.:D

Respectfully
Hung

Ray Pina
05-23-2006, 08:41 AM
theres an MMA fight on june 4th, where? i thought MMA fights were illegal in NYC?
but it would be interesting to watch?

It's not MMA. It's just a gathering of folks who want to get together and test. If you're interested PM me.