PDA

View Full Version : 6-6-6

GeneChing
05-22-2006, 02:00 PM
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six. REV 13:18
I am a student of the apocalypse (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=468), so the talk surrounding June 6th, 2006 is of great personal concern. There has been some fulfillment of the prophesies of Revelations already. The UPC fulfilled REV 13:17 (http://www.av1611.org/666/barcode.html). Chernobyl fulfilled REV 8:10-11 (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=654). We should interpret prophesy as metaphor instead of literal, of course, which makes some of these literal fulfillments very disturbing.

As most of you know, I'm Buddhist, but I have great respect for the Bible. I have read the Bible cover to cover twice in my life and I hope to do so again someday. I confess I only skimmed Numbers, but I revisit Songs, Proverbs and especially Revelations on occassion. That being said, I feel that it's important for all of us to stand ready on 6-6-6. Perhaps the antichrist won't manifest, but it opens the door to all sorts of deviltry (http://theomenmovie.com/), and it is the responsibility of every martial arts practitioner to keep the peace. I advise all members of the forum to actively engage 6-6-6, to seek out potential trouble spots and be ready to fight the good fight. It might seem trite here, but I'll quote Tom Petty "You could stand me up at the gates of hell, but I won't back down."

After my research and study of Revelations, I personally believe I know where the antichrist, or one of his minions, will manifest in San Francisco. I plan to be there, ready to beat him back to hell if need be. If anyone wants to join me there, please do. If not, please find your own antichrist. On 6-6-6, I'm preparing for apocalypse here. (http://www.thefillmore.com/artist_detail2.asp?event_id=218388)

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 02:34 PM
im glad to see there is another person who feels the duty to the weak. those who cannot fight vampires, demons, werewolves, and zombies on thier own. i have trained hard for this day, and now that the time has come, i am ready to show my skill and defeat the enemy of man.

with that said, buy me a plane ticket gene (im sure you could sneak it into an expense report) and ill be there to whoop that guy right along side you.

it will be just like Shaolin vs. Evil Dead.

yes, yes of course ill be the sidekick and you can be the gordon liu.

David Jamieson
05-22-2006, 02:38 PM
That's gotta be some of the finest viral marketing ever in print ~G ! :p

lol, well, good battling to you. I will seek to contain my own demons through the power of tequilla and tostados on that particularly unholy day.

I also want to see the omen again because it's a cool scary movie! But I'll likely rent it, because I'm satanically cheap that way. :D

FuXnDajenariht
05-22-2006, 02:44 PM
lord of the universe should have term limits.

i'd say its time for a regime change. :D

neilhytholt
05-22-2006, 02:52 PM
lord of the universe should have term limits.

i'd say its time for a regime change. :D

Hehehe 6-6-6 ... hohoho ... all these conspiracy theories, Mary Magdalene and Omen.

The only conspiracy is too many people destroying the planet. And they didn't even have to think or plan very much to pull that one off.

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 02:54 PM
I can tell that gene is the only one here truly dedicated to the solid eradication of evil.

where in mans heart lies the determination to do right?

neilhytholt
05-22-2006, 03:11 PM
I can tell that gene is the only one here truly dedicated to the solid eradication of evil.

where in mans heart lies the determination to do right?

The only way you get rid of evil on this planet is by doing away with humans. Therefore, no, personally, I am not interested in the eradication of evil, since that's otherwise known as genocide.

David Jamieson
05-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Make the change in yourself that you wish to see in the world.

I do not believe Humans are inherently good or evil, we are just here.

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 03:15 PM
gene-ocide?

interesting, why such an attack?

have you something personal at stake with this "humans" thing?

neilhytholt
05-22-2006, 03:16 PM
gene-ocide?

interesting, why such an attack?

have you something personal at stake with this "humans" thing?

Well guess who the set of humans unfortunately includes? Therefore eradicating all humans would be eradicating ME!!!

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 03:20 PM
me:

what is "me"....really....

what is the big difference between, "you" and "me"

Gene-ocide sounds a bit personal to "me"

neilhytholt
05-22-2006, 03:22 PM
me:

what is "me"....really....

what is the big difference between, "you" and "me"

Gene-ocide sounds a bit personal to "me"

Gen-o-cide, not Gene-o-cide.

Anyways, Gene-o-cide sounds like coolade or something.

'Gene-o-cide' the crisp cider made from fresh nucleic acids!

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 03:24 PM
gene-0-cide

is the eradication of a shaolin warrior.

neilhytholt
05-22-2006, 03:55 PM
gene-0-cide

is the eradication of a shaolin warrior.

Shaolin warriors are buried shallow in graves.

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 04:01 PM
shallow graves will only make it easier for xombies and wampires to come back.

6-6-6 is coming.

neilhytholt
05-22-2006, 04:14 PM
shallow graves will only make it easier for xombies and wampires to come back.

6-6-6 is coming.

Everybody knows that zombies are really the living dead. They are beings which can't think for themselves. In other words, sheeple. Those who do not think, but just walk the earth like dead people.

And Vampires obviously are rich dynasties with a bunch of money. They get enough money, and then they can suck the blood out of the poor dynasties trying to earn money for a living. They are essentially immortal because they pass their wealth onto their heirs, perpetuating the cycle over and over again ... the only way you can kill them is to forcefully overcome them and to put a stake into their heart (stake also means "To claim as one's own.").

Also the very name Vampire, could be another pronunciation of empire.

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 04:21 PM
ok, well then how about the wolf man, or frankenstein?

FuXnDajenariht
05-22-2006, 04:31 PM
Everybody knows that zombies are really the living dead. They are beings which can't think for themselves. In other words, sheeple. Those who do not think, but just walk the earth like dead people.

And Vampires obviously are rich dynasties with a bunch of money. They get enough money, and then they can suck the blood out of the poor dynasties trying to earn money for a living. They are essentially immortal because they pass their wealth onto their heirs, perpetuating the cycle over and over again ... the only way you can kill them is to forcefully overcome them and to put a stake into their heart (stake also means "To claim as one's own.").

Also the very name Vampire, could be another pronunciation of empire.

lol thats very clever :D

Crushing Fist
05-22-2006, 04:35 PM
YES!!!!

the time for Road Warrior Zombie battles is upon us!

Finally.

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 04:40 PM
BACK OFF CF

them zombies is mine :mad:

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 04:41 PM
so when do i get to officially claim jackage?

David Jamieson
05-22-2006, 06:02 PM
uh, you can probably claim "jackage" at any time seeing as this thread ain't the first thiong you jacked today. :D

otherwise you have to eat a brain first.

PangQuan
05-22-2006, 07:09 PM
alright, brains are where i draw the line.

i leave that part up to the thread creator.:D

IronFist
05-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Didn't 6/6/6 happen 2000 years ago?

This will be 6/6/2006.

Too bad the first two digits are both 6, so it's the same whether you use the American format (month / date / year) or the European format (date / month / year).

FatherDog
05-22-2006, 09:17 PM

They'll be the next targets in the War on Terror. I mean, what's more terrifying than the wolfman and frankenstein? C'mon!

neilhytholt
05-22-2006, 09:52 PM

Oh, those are even easier. Wolf man is just man with uncontrolled emotion, rage and passion.

Frankenstein is the son or daughter who is scarred by the baggage that the parents pass onto them, the hipocrisy, the contradictions, the broken operating system if you will. Never happy, never fits into society, always the outcast. You know, Columbine types.

Edit. Except Frankenstein never kills anybody, right? Or does he by accident. I can't remember. Anyways, that's the gist of it.

What, you guys never took English and analyzed stories? Come on, here.

SimonM
05-22-2006, 10:45 PM
Everybody knows that zombies are really the living dead.

It just so happens that I have a good zombie reduction device in my living room... A Pear Wood Spring Autumn Sword.

SimonM
05-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Edit. Except Frankenstein never kills anybody, right? Or does he by accident. I can't remember. Anyways, that's the gist of it.

If by Frankenstein you mean the doctor than you are right. He doesn't kill anyone.

His creation does kill a few people. Mainly out of revenge at how he is treated.

neilhytholt
05-22-2006, 11:12 PM
If by Frankenstein you mean the doctor than you are right. He doesn't kill anyone.

His creation does kill a few people. Mainly out of revenge at how he is treated.

Oh, yeah, whenever they say Frankenstein they usually mean the monster. Anyways, yeah, it's like Columbine.

fiercest tiger
05-23-2006, 12:55 AM
Less DRUGS Gene and more training, if i dont believe does that mean if does happen i go to hell? ;)

CaptinPickAxe
05-23-2006, 01:32 AM
I hate to burst you bubble, Gene, but I'm not buying the whole apocolypse bit. People cried wolf for 2000 and that has soured whatever fear/respect I have for any sort of prophecies. I guess since the millenium I've been tempered for death. However, I see no reason for alarm. I find most Christian ideas to be a bit hokey at best (however, that doesn't mean that I'm against it. Diff'rent strokes, diff'rent folks). I think it's just in there to keep you god-fearing. Even the most devout christian has relapse and needs a check from time to time. What better way than a trivial number that represents impending doom, suffering, and eternal ****ation.

I think we are currently witnessing the downfall of christianity, so it may represent the end of religion and the beginning of "Sin" a.k.a. a non-christian lifestyle. If god really wanted to punish us he'd make our death very long and drawn out. Suffer for your sins through the slow eradication of the human race. There is no greater pain than watching/enduring a loved one dying, but you have to live to experience that pain.

I don't understand why god and religion must be based on such fear and control. Sure, they say god in is all things beautiful, but we know him better for the ****ing one from the book of revelations. I believe that religion should be choice, but spirituality is a must. Live by a moral code of ethics, treat others with kindness, and have compassion for the suffering of others and I think that you won't have to worry about a spot in a firey lake of tungston. Scratch going to church because you should be in practice at all times.

David Jamieson
05-23-2006, 06:46 AM
What's funny is that Calendars are arbitrary and have at times been manipulated for political reasons.

For instance, we use the Gregorian Calendar which replaced the Julian Calendar and those were created anew to seperate them from the other calendars in use when they were created.

The thing is, it's not really the year 2006 you see. Calendar is a perspective thing. To the Chinese it's a different year altogether, to the Jews, another one again, to teh orthodoxy it's a different year and the real year that we as human beings have been here is unknown.

It's handy to make it to work on time, and it works good for solar eclipses and other celestial events, but numerologically speaking, this calendar we use has as much validity as any really just because it IS arbitrary and and invention.

so, 6-6-6 is just a figment of your imagination and revelations were written by an old man in a hot desert sun, no wonder they're so fractious. :p

The Willow Sword
05-23-2006, 07:15 AM
I think we should be more concerned with the Date December 21st 2012.
That is when the Mayan calendar Ends.

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

june 6 2006 is the release of the re-make of the "omen":rolleyes: WHY they had to remake this movie ill never know. Hollywood has lost its creativity these days.

Peace,,TWS

David Jamieson
05-23-2006, 07:31 AM
I think we should be more concerned with the Date December 21st 2012.
That is when the Mayan calendar Ends.

actually, that's when it rolls over and starts again as far as teh record of "long time" goes.

besides, the maya have a few calendars, there is the record of long time and that covers the planets movement around the center point of the galaxy according to our realtionship to position in the milky way.

there's the record of the annual year that we know or teh solar calendar which is 360 +5 days long. The 5 day taked to the end are considered unlucky days.

and there is the ritual 260 day calendar which works in tandem with the solar calendar. This cover the 260 days of gestation and is used more for birth records and such.

the whole "worlds gonna end" thing based on the mayan calendar isnonsense blurted out by some halfwit von daniken like person upon perhaps hearing only the first sentence of a lecture on the topic or reading one page fo a book without reading the rest. lol

There is a lot of context that is lost when information is disseminated by alarmists. :D

neilhytholt
05-23-2006, 07:36 AM
You know, hate to point out the obvious here, but have you ever considered the alternative translation of apocalypse, which is: A prophetic disclosure; a revelation.

The 'Bible' is a really bad translation. I mean, have you ever tried reading 'Revelations'? How anybody could assume reading that they know what it's saying or anything? It sounds like jibberish.

TenTigers
05-23-2006, 07:37 AM
"I can tell that gene is the only one here truly dedicated to the solid eradication of evil."

ok, I come close. I am truly dedicated to a solid erection.;)

David Jamieson
05-23-2006, 07:39 AM
well, the one good thing about the bible is that it is at least written down.

oral transmission otoh by it's very nature is faulty. at least when it's written down, the chance for error are narrowed somewhat. Mind you, stretch that out over time and language alterations and you are going to get some failure to communicate.

still... :p

neilhytholt
05-23-2006, 08:13 AM
well, the one good thing about the bible is that it is at least written down.

oral transmission otoh by it's very nature is faulty. at least when it's written down, the chance for error are narrowed somewhat. Mind you, stretch that out over time and language alterations and you are going to get some failure to communicate.

still... :p

Well, Revelations may be written down, but the interpretation of it is an oral tradition, isn't it? The theology surrounding it is the theology of an oral (and written) tradition of the Christian church, isn't it?

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-23-2006, 08:26 AM
it is the responsibility of every martial arts practitioner to keep the peace. I advise all members of the forum to actively engage 6-6-6, to seek out potential trouble spots and be ready to fight the good fight.

its on bi tches.

David Jamieson
05-23-2006, 08:27 AM
Well, Revelations may be written down, but the interpretation of it is an oral tradition, isn't it? The theology surrounding it is the theology of an oral (and written) tradition of the Christian church, isn't it?

The interpretation of revelations is all over the map. some take it literally, some attempt to make the passages conform to events that have occured in order to validate it and some try to interpret in the context of the times it was written in and most certainly there is a whole lotta bible quotes that are completely out of context and used for personal agendas and gain and so on.

That's easy enough to see when you watch tv preachers asking for money for tapes of them reading the bible and offering what you should think about what they are reading. lol

All in all, there is some interesting historical information tagged to the bible when it is used in tandem with archeological and anthropological studies. But the idea of cross pollination between fields of science and theology is relatively new.

what comes of it usually starts to make some sense if the study is rational and not based on personal beliefs and instead looks at what there is in the records of the times.

The Willow Sword
05-23-2006, 08:30 AM
David J. I certainly do not mean to suggest that the world is going to end on that day when the mayan calendar ends its cyclic winter phase. However i do feel that cyclic changes based on Mayan cosmology are very significant to us all. There is still a mystery surrounding "why" that particular day.

The World will end when it ends, and it will end long after we have dissapeared off the planet, kids. so have a drink and live your life.

oh and count me in on the zombie and vampire fighting thing, i gots me a sword too;) .

As Always ,,TWS

David Jamieson
05-23-2006, 08:45 AM
just pointing it out tws.

and the only mystery of the maya is why don't people just ask the maya? I mean, it's not like there aren't a few million of them still going about there ways of life day in and day out to this day. They're all over the yucatan after all.

I think too many people get there info on the subject from well...crackpots like erick von daniken or his ilk of spacemen did it because humans aren't capable of (i guess erick hasn't looked at any recent engineering achievements that put piling stones and facing them to shame.) lol

the very nature of soothsaying is flawed at the core. it is illusory and false. one could do better by understanding just the basics of human nature and the ramifications of current events. That's futurism and has a more solid footing. Trends and historical facts are indicators both of civilizations and individuals.

I guess people aren't comfortable dealing with realities and instead like to drift into the sea of mystery and such. There is something alluring about not quite knowing after all. It's much less fun to know, because once you know, you take for granted and once you take for granted, you stop thinking about it. and so on. :p

Ralphie
05-23-2006, 09:05 AM
The Bible's "testaments", both the old and new are based on oral tradition. There are traditions in oration that allow the recital of accurate information (check out millman parry's work). Of course, like everything, there is leveling and degradatoin over time.

Crushing Fist
05-23-2006, 09:06 AM
It is interesting that the solstice for the year 2012 is on december 21 at exactly 11:11 Universal Time

there is this whole 11:11 thing going around too.

I was into it long before I knew it was going around. Then I found out and was like "holy sh!t, other people see that too?"

Obviously the cycle is somehow timed for the returning of the planet Nibiru :p

now bring on the ancient alien god-like road warrior Zombies!!!

yeh.

Hard Fists
05-23-2006, 09:38 AM
On 6-6-6, I'm preparing for apocalypse here.

Well, Gene, after conducting my own research I must disagree with your pick as the antichrist. There can be only one, and I shall name him.

http://www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm

TonyM.
05-23-2006, 09:41 AM
666 is 9 in numerology. Nine is the most finite number. It is always nine in numerology. No matter if it is multiplied or divided it still reduces to nine. "This is the part where John Lennon starts singing Revolution number nine and Freeda people.":D Okay Gene you've added to Jerusalem being in Jewish hands (1947) and there being a Jewish State. Any other goodies before the locusts start flying?

Radhnoti
05-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Ann Coulter's new book hits on 6-6-06, "Godless: The Church of Liberalism".

Pretty good marketing there...almost on par with Gene's here. :)

GeneChing
05-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Ok, originally I started this thread as a tongue-in-cheek dig on Seagal. But something rather distrubing has occured. Apparently I've unleashed a demon. I'm very serious about this and I'm grappling with it now. Hopefully it will go away. but an exorcism might be in order. Now I'm truly beginning to worry. I'm cleaning my sword (http://www.martialartsmart.net/451012.html). Strange but true, swords are more effective against demons than guns. In fact, it's probably the only combat arena where this holds true.

Debating the validity of a potential threat will be a sad excuse for when your time comes. Even if 6-6-6 has no relation to Revelations, the simple fact is that some fool like Coulter or remakers of the Omen might think so. I'll be ready. I was born ready.

For the sake of posterity, I'm saving the Seagal 6-6-6 show ad text here. It's precious.

Steven Seagal June 6, 2006 at 9:00PM Doors open 8:00:00 PM
STEVEN SEAGAL & THUNDERBOX
MOJO PRIEST
Mojo n (slang)
1. some powerful influence
2. an object believed to have magical powers, especially the power to keep away evil spirits
When martial arts expert Steven Seagal isn�t kicking some major ass on the big screen, the action movie star spends a lot of time creating music. An accomplished guitarist and songwriter, Seagal recently channeled blues-infused Beale Street to realize a long-held musical dream - recording a �real blues album� honoring the last of the living legends in Memphis.
Seagal called on legendary greats as synonymous with the blues as BBQ is to Memphis� infamous Rendezvous restaurant to join him in the studio. The long list of all-star musicians lending their seasoned talent to the sessions include Bo Diddley, Ruth Brown, James Cotton, Honeyboy Edwards, Robert Lockwood, Jr., Louisiana Red, Bob Margolin, Wilie Smith, Iverson Minter, Calvin Jones, Hubert Sumlin and Koko Taylor.
The result is the electrifying Mojo Priest. Recorded with his band, Thunderbox, and producer David Gest at the House of Blues and Sounds Unreel Studios in Memphis during the fall of 2005, the well-crafted 17-song set releases in the U.S. on May 23, 2006 on Seagal�s Nonsolo Blues label. A bonus DVD filmed at the recording sessions for the album will accompany. Mojo Priest was released to critical acclaim in Europe on April 3, 2006.
From the first notes of the simmering opener, �Somewhere In Between,� to the mellow jaunt of �Slow Boat To China� and lively duet with Bo Diddley on �Shake,� through the album�s final three tracks-�Lockwood,� �Homesick� and �Elmoe�-candidly recorded timepieces from guest bluesman during session rehearsals, Mojo Priest showcases the finest elements of the blues.
Spare, haunting arrangements and resonating vocals on such gems as �Dark Angel� are satisfyingly interspersed with Seagal�s high-octane, razor-sharp guitar work, such as the smoking solo on �BBQ� and griddle-hot takes on three blues standards: Muddy Waters� �Hoochie Coochie Man,� Elmore James� �Dust My Broom,� and Howlin� Wolf�s �(Little) Red Rooster.'
A 20-city U.S. tour supporting Mojo Priest will ensue in late May and June for Seagal and Thunderbox - a mighty powerful band of brothers: Norris Johnson (keyboards), Bernard Allison (slide guitar), Harold Smith (guitar), Edward �Hot� Cleveland (drums), Armand Sabal-Lecco (bass) and Angel Rogers (background vocals).
Recognized around the world as one of Hollywood�s leading action heroes, starring in and producing over 20 films, Seagal can dazzle and decimate with his patented self-defense moves. A former bodyguard with exceptional skills in Aikido, Karate, Judo and Kendo, Seagal studied Zen in Japan and was the first American to have opened a martial arts school in the Asian country. His film credits include the blockbuster hits �Above the Law� (1988), �Under Siege� (1992), �Executive Decision� (1996), �The Patriot� (1999), �Exit Wounds� (2001) and the recently completed �Submerged� and �Today You Die� (2005).
If you think Seagal is pretty good at defeating the bad guys on film, you should see him on guitar. While his enthusiasm for storytelling and over-the-top performances continues to bring his characters to life on screen, the seventh degree black belt Aikido master has been using his hands to play music long before he became an actor. His lifelong dedication to martial arts is rivaled only by his devotion to the guitar and the inspiring power of music.
A vintage guitar fanatic with one of the biggest collections in the world, Seagal grew up playing with blues musicians near his home in Detroit and has gone on to perform with such iconic players as B.B. King, Bo Diddley, Albert Collins, Clarence 'Gatemouth' Brown and Willie �Pine Top� Perkins. Able to whip out the meanest, grittiest blues licks this side of Chicago or Memphis, Seagal�s accomplished musicianship sets him apart from his contemporaries in the acting world that have tried their hands at music.
Mojo Priest, the follow-up to his Songs From The Crystal Cave, a #1 seller in France, is a testament to his skill dedication and love of the blues.
'Blues is my real passion, and I've always wanted to do a blues record,� Seagal says. �I've had very close relationships with a lot of the great legends, many of whom I had the fortunate opportunity to play with.'
The actor admits he was a little overwhelmed with the people he was able to persuade to join him in the studio for the Mojo Priest sessions, which included members of Muddy Waters� legendary band. 'It has been an emotional, powerful experience,� Seagal says of the creation of Mojo Priest, �We had folks that were there, in my opinion, at the real beginning of the blues.'
But he regrets that some of his heroes died before he got the chance to work with them.
'Little Milton, Gatemouth Brown and RL Burnside were friends of mine and they were all scheduled to play on this record, but they all suddenly passed away. We lost three within a month. They will be missed.'
Tickets are $25.00 general admission.
Extremely limited table & chair seating.
All Ages.

David Jamieson
05-24-2006, 09:23 AM
~G

There's a lot of demons in the world already.
Many men let them occupy their souls and lead their lives and decisions for them.

One more into the world is just one more to make fall.

So unsheath your swords lads, it's a demon hunting time!!!

...in june that is... the 6th, meet by the well of souls at 6 am

Shaolinlueb
05-24-2006, 09:28 AM
****, we gonna go kill some zombies? im down. i read the zombie survival guide back to back.

TonyM.
05-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Gene it's the two edges of the athame coming together as a point that directs the sha chi making an athame or sword so effective.
Back to the topic. All the forces of evil in the universe came together sometime between '57 and '60 in Miami Fla. during a taping of the sinatra show when he and elvis did a duet together.

PangQuan
05-24-2006, 10:10 AM
"Why this is hell, nor am I out of it. Think’st thou that I, who saw the face of God, And tasted the eternal joys of heaven, Am not tormented with ten thousand hells In being deprived of everlasting bliss?"

Infrazael
05-24-2006, 12:10 PM
OMFG.

Not this crap again.

sean_stonehart
05-24-2006, 12:25 PM
Ah who the hell cares... on 06/08/06 (two days after the end of days) I'm driving down Hwy 666 from Colorado to New Mexico...

Bring the **** on sissies!!!!

David Jamieson
05-24-2006, 12:35 PM
well, technically, 668 is the neighbour of the beast. You know ...he drives that blue car and keeps his shades drawn all the time.

neilhytholt
05-24-2006, 01:12 PM
Just curious if anybody on here had ever taken college level English, English 1B or whatever, and had done explication of poetry?

Shaolinlueb
05-24-2006, 01:17 PM
well, technically, 668 is the neighbour of the beast. You know ...he drives that blue car and keeps his shades drawn all the time.

lol i thought of iron maiden as soon as i saw that.

666 the number of the beast, hell on earth is bound to be released.... or something like that.

SevenStar
05-24-2006, 01:23 PM
Didn't 6/6/6 happen 2000 years ago?

This will be 6/6/2006.

Too bad the first two digits are both 6, so it's the same whether you use the American format (month / date / year) or the European format (date / month / year).

yeah, but we also use a two digit year - 06/06/06, and you know when talking or writing, we typically omit leading zeroes - 6/6/6

SevenStar
05-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Ok, originally I started this thread as a tongue-in-cheek dig on Seagal. But something rather distrubing has occured. Apparently I've unleashed a demon. I'm very serious about this and I'm grappling with it now. Hopefully it will go away. but an exorcism might be in order. Now I'm truly beginning to worry. I'm cleaning my sword (http://www.martialartsmart.net/451012.html). Strange but true, swords are more effective against demons than guns. In fact, it's probably the only combat arena where this holds true.

Debating the validity of a potential threat will be a sad excuse for when your time comes. Even if 6-6-6 has no relation to Revelations, the simple fact is that some fool like Coulter or remakers of the Omen might think so. I'll be ready. I was born ready.

For the sake of posterity, I'm saving the Seagal 6-6-6 show ad text here. It's precious.

kinda weird how he has a house here and is in this blues infused city, yet it's rare that you hear about him having a gig here. He is playing here sometime in june though, so I may check him out.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-24-2006, 01:58 PM
i bet he sucks but everyone is afraid to tell him.

they think he'll arm choke them or something.

xiao hu yan
05-24-2006, 03:02 PM
sorry ,where is kung fu in this tread ?
really, i don't understand.........:)

FuXnDajenariht
05-24-2006, 03:36 PM
oh your one of thooose... :p

well we're hard at work keeping the forum off topic.

Dim Wit Mak
05-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Gene: I didn't read all the responses, but many Bible students, myself included, feel that the Mark of the Beast will probably be an implanted computer chip in the hand or forehead. It will take the place of credit cards and be a smart chip implanted right in the body. Personal identity theft will be non-existent, and Big Brother will know the whereabouts of these implanted people at all times.

Vigilence and prayer are key elements to avoiding this mark being taken. :)

Dim Wit Mak
05-24-2006, 05:11 PM
sorry ,where is kung fu in this tread ?
really, i don't understand.........:)

Those who oppose the Beast, whose mark is 666, will need all the kung fu skills they can master and be good at dealing with weapons and multiple opponents.

SimonM
05-24-2006, 06:08 PM
yeah, but we also use a two digit year - 06/06/06, and you know when talking or writing, we typically omit leading zeroes - 6/6/6

The point is that the world did not end in any of the other years that could be described as 06/06/06. Since this date occurs once each century there have been TWENTY 6/6/6 days in the current callendar. World's still here.

SanHeChuan
05-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Dim Wit Mak

Gene: I didn't read all the responses, but many Bible students, myself included, feel that the Mark of the Beast will probably be an implanted computer chip in the hand or forehead. It will take the place of credit cards and be a smart chip implanted right in the body. Personal identity theft will be non-existent, and Big Brother will know the whereabouts of these implanted people at all times.

And thats where you are fool's! If you could figure out his plan so easy they couldn't call him the prince of lies now could they. ;) Foolish people thinking you know the minds of gods and demons like you hang out with them and ****. :D

chud
05-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Interesting point Gene, I have an interest in this topic as well but I must admit it hadn't even occurred to me that 6/6/06 is coming up. I was more concerned with this past April 13th, but the day came and went without incident.

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-25-2006, 07:23 AM
http://koti.mbnet.fi/thiefrai/big/coon/666.jpg

David Jamieson
05-25-2006, 07:45 AM
wow, i knew satan was ghey, but probably not as ghey as that guy in the poster. :p

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-25-2006, 08:41 AM
satan isn't gay.

satan humps mad bi tches.

fact hell be humpin a new bi tch tomorrow.

TonyM.
05-25-2006, 08:57 AM
Naw. Satans a latent ghey. They have something to hide and serious attitude problems. Think wwf. Besides, he's ugly and his mother dresses him funny.

David Jamieson
05-25-2006, 09:01 AM
not to mention, saddam's his boyfriend.

David Jamieson
05-25-2006, 09:02 AM
satan isn't gay.

satan humps mad bi tches.

fact hell be humpin a new bi tch tomorrow.

not your dog, we're talking actuals here.

PangQuan
05-25-2006, 09:05 AM
so, supposing satan was real, what makes everyone so sure satan is a he?

if satan were real, then isnt it a fallen angel, whom has no gender?

i never understood why people attach gender to these beings that would not really have one. isnt gender around for the sole purpose of breeding?

GeneChing
05-25-2006, 09:54 AM
Ok, so what is Steven Seagal's middle name?
Steven = 6 letters
Seagal = 6 letters
If his middle name has six letters, that's very telling.

I'm sure there's more evidence on his official website (http://www.stevenseagal.com).

David Jamieson
05-25-2006, 10:00 AM
not if yer a nemotode or some other asexual being.

the real problem is when people make archetypes into literal personified beings.

good and evil are concepts and are expressed through deeds.

god and devil are archetypes of base concepts with god defining what are considered cultural and societally virtuous deeds in context to the social construct you live in and the devil defines those things that do not fit in context or are contrary to the social construct within which you live.

god doesn't equal dude with beard in gold throne anymore than devil is dude with horns and pitchfork overseeing seas of lava roiling with human beings screaming in agony because they masturbated too much.

what really needs to be understood is how easy it is to f@ck with someones mind.

for instance, If I told you not to drink the water in mexico would you stick to bottled water? Probably, because it was and is true that it is not wise to drink unpurified or treated water. But once you're there and you find out that there is plenty in the way of water purification and that virtually all larger areas and all resorts have purified water and clean food then the myth is dispelled.

Much of what drives our fears and passions is myth and archetypes. the reality is far more interesting and challeging to the mind however.

PangQuan
05-25-2006, 10:05 AM
basically what your saying then, is that you want to get some swords together, and have mad rush at the beast while he is on stage working his dark art of manipulation through ritual song and dance.

im down, but i hear seagal knows a little ma. probably devil style.

but i feel confident in YOUR shaolin training. i hope you have some of those little spell tickets to put a hold on his zombies.

David Jamieson
05-25-2006, 10:09 AM
i got no tricks. just a sharp sword and a willingness to kill demons...I think I got that in a box of wheatabix when I was a kid though in all honestly.

the urge to kill that is.
the sword I bought in chinatown.

Banjos_dad
05-25-2006, 03:50 PM
as a bad buddhist i think i will leave the worry to the Christians....and how many of them do you think will donate their July rent money to their clergymen?? lol yes that's correct, probably much fewer than 1% i'd guess. People say a lot of things but if you want to know how they really feel, what they choose to do with their wealth gives a true tell.

Funny, they'll cook up all manner of boogeymen to fear but they don't even think twice about the Jerry Falwells and Pat Robertsons etc. lol. And they are from the mainstream... not to even mention the fringey types. These people wield an undue amount of influence, preying on fear and ignorance as they build empires.

wouldn't buddhists actually lookforward to an apocalypse? would that assist in the extermination of the cycle of death and rebirth?

yeah, all these dates come and go. I am really surprised at you Gene!

i am going to go ahead and makes plans for after 6/6/06...the date i look forward to most is the day when the next president of the USA is inaugurated. Unless Mr Decider-man decides to go ahead and abolish the two term limit. <-- THERE's something worth worrying about.
lol thanks for your time. bd out

jethro
05-25-2006, 04:15 PM
im glad to see there is another person who feels the duty to the weak. those who cannot fight vampires, demons, werewolves, and zombies on thier own. i have trained hard for this day, and now that the time has come, i am ready to show my skill and defeat the enemy of man.

with that said, buy me a plane ticket gene (im sure you could sneak it into an expense report) and ill be there to whoop that guy right along side you.

it will be just like Shaolin vs. Evil Dead.

yes, yes of course ill be the sidekick and you can be the gordon liu.

dude, you must be a pretty big movie fan, cause that thing sucked. But just wondering:how does it end? or does it:p

And that is the hijack of the year, I think gene was pretty scared of this and now even more cause nobody is gonna have his back on 6-06-2006.

And Gene you are just worried because you decided not to invest in the proper head gear.

GeneChing
06-01-2006, 10:24 AM
We just posted a new e-zine article yesterday - SPIDERMAN is to Peter Parker as DISTRICT B13 is to "PARKOUR" by Dr. Craig Reid. Our e-zine articles are automatically numbered. Take a look at the number of this article:
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=666

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

SevenStar
06-01-2006, 11:19 AM
dang, I just mentioned this in the other thread. you beat me to it.

GeneChing
06-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Quick or dead, Seven Star, quick or dead. Revelations warns us about falling stars, you know...

jethro
06-01-2006, 12:18 PM
bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GeneChing
06-05-2006, 10:08 AM
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Manana, amigos, manana...

Shaolinlueb
06-05-2006, 10:32 AM
everyone getting their zombie killing weapons ready for tomorrow? dont forget to shoot them in the head!

PangQuan
06-05-2006, 11:05 AM
zombies should be the least of your worries.

its the dopplegangers you gotta watch out for.

Shaolinlueb
06-05-2006, 11:14 AM
zombies should be the least of your worries.

its the dopplegangers you gotta watch out for.

shoot i forgot about them totally. in fact i cant even remember what they are right now!!! lol

SevenStar
06-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Quick or dead, Seven Star, quick or dead. Revelations warns us about falling stars, you know...

could they be alluding to a fallen sevenstar? Am I the antichrist??!??!

SevenStar
06-05-2006, 11:39 AM
coincidentally (or maybe not?) last night I dreamed that my 7 month old was dead. This morning, when my 7 year old (not the 7 month old) woke up, he told me that he had been dreaming about the color flowers he put on my grave when I died...

jethro
06-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Heavenly lord, please bring me zombies to kill today.

FuXnDajenariht
06-05-2006, 01:22 PM
coincidentally (or maybe not?) last night I dreamed that my 7 month old was dead. This morning, when my 7 year old (not the 7 month old) woke up, he told me that he had been dreaming about the color flowers he put on my grave when I died...

dude!! what the fu(K?!

David Jamieson
06-05-2006, 02:26 PM

i'd like to be a fly on the wall at breakfast time in that weird ass surreal scenario you call home 7*.

have you taught them how to dispatch with the hamsters using a cinderblock and a paper bag yet?

no? kids love that you know, it's so quick!

GeneChing
06-05-2006, 02:58 PM
POP QUIZ: STEVEN SEAGAL
- Aidin Vaziri
Sunday, June 4, 2006 (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/06/04/PKGDOILQ9F1.DTL&hw=seagal&sn=001&sc=1000)

Everyone knows Steven Seagal, the awesome action hero who's not afraid to rock ponytails, marry Kelly LeBrock and hug panda bears. But who knew that under that stoic tough-guy exterior there was a wild Delta bluesman clawing his way out? Not us. But it turns out the star of such blockbuster films as "Under Siege" and "Under Siege II: Dark Territory" (he's been doing mostly straight-to-video stuff lately), has just released his second album, "Mojo Priest." That's right, his second. The first one had Stevie Wonder on it. If he saw David Hasselhoff backstage, he would totally kick his butt back to last Thursday. Seagal plays the Fillmore on Tuesday, a.k.a. 06/06/06.

Q: A lot of people don't even know you play music.

A: Okaaay.

Q: What kind of music do you play?

A: Authentic Delta blues, I guess.

Q: Really? Since when?

A: About 40, 50 years.

Q: But people don't like actors who play music. How do you get around that?

A: I play for them. Forgive my rudeness, get Keanu Reeves or Kevin Bacon or any of them to play for you and then tell me what you think. You'll see the difference real quick. OK?

Q: What do you put in the occupation box on your tax return: Actor, musician or professional ass-kicker?

A: Well, my first love is music. I can say that. I make more money in the movies.

Q: What about kicking?

A: You've got to stay in shape, so you train every day as much as you can, play guitar every day so you can keep the chops up, and the rest is what it is.

Q: Do you think some people come see you just because they think you're going to blow stuff up?

A: I would be guessing, just like you are, why people come to see me. Some know about my musicianship and songs. I have albums out in different parts of the world. I've been playing concerts all over the world for a long, long time.

Q: I noticed you wear a kimono when you play. Is that for comfort or is it part of your technique?

A: I was raised in Asia, so I wear a lot of Asian clothes.

Q: Is it difficult to play in those?

A: No, it's much more comfortable. Anyway ...

Q: Do you act out any scenes from your movies between songs?

A: Not really. I just play the songs.

Q: These are original songs?

A: Well, I had to do a couple covers because on the album I had the whole Muddy Waters band and I wanted to show respect to them, so I did a couple of songs by Howlin' Wolf and Muddy.

Q: How did you get those guys to play on your album? Did you use rope?

A: I'm friends with all these guys. I live in Memphis. I've been in the blues for some 30-odd years. I know them all.

Q: Nobody knows all this. It's like breaking news.

A: I hate to tell you this, but a lot of people know it. I'll give an example, OK? If I played with B.B. King a hundred times that many times around the world, do you think anyone might have seen it? And I've played with a lot more cats than B.B. King all over the world. Lots and lots of times. Believe me, there's a lot of people out there that know.

Q: As far as you know, are you the only blues-playing Buddhist?

A: I'm sure that's not true at all. There's probably hundreds of thousands of blues-playing Buddhists.

Q: Does the Buddhist philosophy really work with the blues?

A: I would have to say this is the weirdest interview I've had yet. Um, does the Buddhist philosophy lend itself to blues?

Q: Right.

A: Well, I think Buddhism is about embracing all of life.

Q: In all your movies, you're seen with a Colt M1911 semi-automatic pistol. Are you going to have one onstage?

A: Is this one of those interviews where it's going to be like Mad television or something where you're really just doing this to f -- me as bad as you can?

Q: No. I promise I'll come out of this looking like the stupid one. I just had no idea you played music. Nobody did.

A: OK. I love music. I like to bring people joy. It's really that simple.

David Jamieson
06-05-2006, 03:45 PM
well that seals it for sure!

the world will end tomorrow at the first bar of went down to the crossroads.

in other news, revelations was written long before pope gregory changed the calendar.

so pope greg's 666 isn't the same 666 as what was on the julian calendar and certainly not the same as the jewish calendar...or the chinese one for that matter.

and just so we don't get too far away from the evil that is delta blues aikido movie fu, the evil that men do has always been part and parcel to the good that men do as well.

life is not a gap between righteousness and evil. The greater majority of humanity is subject to both. We do evil without knowing it (polluting, wasting, apathetic response to real disaster and human strife) we do good without knowing it (smiling at someone who is down, finishing your lunch so the next guy doesn't have to stand up to eat his, getting your project done on time to ensure that it is successful, calling your mom on a regular basis, etc etc)

In this new age of fear , alarmism and rampant consumerism to alleviate those other two, why not just go with the flow?!

lube up and let it in, everyone else is!

jethro
06-05-2006, 03:51 PM
[URL="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/06/04/PKGDOILQ9F1.DTL&hw=seagal&sn=001&sc=1000"]POP QUIZ: STEVEN SEAGAL
-Q: What kind of music do you play?

A: Authentic Delta blues, I guess.

Q: Really? Since when?

A: About 40, 50 years.

Q: But people don't like actors who play music. How do you get around that?

A: I play for them. Forgive my rudeness, get Keanu Reeves or Kevin Bacon or any of them to play for you and then tell me what you think. You'll see the difference real quick. OK?

Q: What do you put in the occupation box on your tax return: Actor, musician or professional ass-kicker?

A: Well, my first love is music. I can say that. I make more money in the movies.

Q: What about kicking?

gene, where did you find this, honestly, I could have gave a better interview, and I am really bad at that kind of stuff.

And I know you started this thread, and mentioned 666 in it, but I am lost, did you change your thread topic??? Cause I can't believe I just passed over sevenstar's post, he has a some splainin to do.

PangQuan
06-05-2006, 04:23 PM
http://http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/06/05/jupiter.storms/index.html

check it.

PangQuan
06-05-2006, 04:24 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/06/05/jupiter.storms/index.html

this should work.

Dim Wit Mak
06-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Enjoy the wonderful discourse today for tomorrow the 666 of the Beast cometh and who can stand against the tide of evil which will sweep the earth. Settle all issues of which style is best today because after tomorrow there shall be no more debate.

jethro
06-05-2006, 05:21 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/06/05/jupiter.storms/index.html

this should work.

What does it say? Can I leave work and go hand to hand with zombies?

David Jamieson
06-05-2006, 05:26 PM
it's about zeus going bi-polar on his own ass.

jethro
06-05-2006, 05:34 PM
but, wait, naw, don't worry about it.

SimonM
06-05-2006, 07:27 PM
It's 666 in China and the closest thing there has been to the end of the world is a taxi drivers strike that makes it hard to get a cab.

Shaolinlueb
06-05-2006, 07:48 PM
What does it say? Can I leave work and go hand to hand with zombies?

ive read my zombie survival guide and i got my crow bar ready to go. i jsut hope they dont run.

Shaolinlueb
06-05-2006, 07:51 PM
6-6-06 is national LISTEN TO SLAYER DAY!!

i like that.
http://www.nationaldayofslayer.org/

David Jamieson
06-05-2006, 10:42 PM
if only Slayer were as Good as Steven Seagal (sp?)

I mean, can slayer play mean delta blues like memphis squinty steve?
Can they drop a name like BB king and treat it like it was second rate by compariosn?

Can Slayer do that?

That's right...Only Stevie goes home to Starla!

Royal Dragon
06-06-2006, 05:02 AM
Hmmm, no sign of Buffy yet!

Ray Pina
06-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Have you guys considred that the actual date today is 06-06-2006? You're 2000 years off. And even then, who's time you going by, recorded man's, the universe's, western man.

I hope you guys are just being silly. Gene, tell me you're being silly.

David Jamieson
06-06-2006, 07:34 AM
You don't really need to be told this is all silliness in good fun do you?

Because it isn't Muwhahahahahahahahahahahaha

*flames burst around him and demons roll onto the floor*

PangQuan
06-06-2006, 08:53 AM
so, did we have the apocolyps yet?

am i in hell?

this place is boring...

someone go get me my sword, ima cuttin my way outa this cr@p hole

Ray Pina
06-06-2006, 09:00 AM
(will be particularly careful sneaking out for a Starbucks today) doo, do, doo, do

GeneChing
06-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

PangQuan
06-06-2006, 09:09 AM
D A M N

G E N E

FuXnDajenariht
06-06-2006, 09:16 AM
lmao....am i the only one actually looking forward to the apocalypse?

David Jamieson
06-06-2006, 09:58 AM
Right about now, apocalyptic thinkers everywhere are pulling their shirt collars and making nervous clucking sounds.

Because once again, what is prophesied has not come to pass, like the 50 000 times before.
why?

because soothsaying is bullsh1t, astrology is crap and people should stop looking to fairy tales from the past for answers to living in the here and now. Oh sure, there's some good guidlines to living in the bible and other like texts of teh ancients, but honestly, there's a lot of hating going on in those books as well.

Let's not forget who wrote them. Old men with their minds slightly cooked in teh desert sun. :p

TenTigers
06-06-2006, 10:19 AM
so the tattoo parlors are makin a killing. There must be lines out the doors of dumba$$ black dyed mohawk,eyeliner,nails to match,goth vampire wannabes waitin to be the next really totally original "I have a 666 tattoo on my head"
like everyone else.
So what I'm gonna do is hang outside and tell them as they come out, that the Hebrew calendar says it's 5766-DOH!

David Jamieson
06-06-2006, 11:07 AM
This can occur when your social construct relies on the education of memes and lies spewed forth by those with weird ass agendas.

That and an education that lets you graduate from highschool with a reading level of someone barely out of elementary.

sorrow, oh sorrow, why are we as a species doomed? Because we're collectively stupid that why. :p

FuXnDajenariht
06-06-2006, 11:33 AM
yea yea dude....doom and gloom...

hey its only 230... alot can happen in 9 or so hours....

blood red skies... raining kitten tears.... scientology becomes the world religion....

David Jamieson
06-06-2006, 11:36 AM
it's already tommorow on the other side of the world and zip nada.

so, as far as I know, John didn't have a clue about north america, or most of asia for that matter because he was an ancient who siomply didn't have access to as much education as say your average north american 10 year old.

that in and of itself is worth noting.

wisdom is one thing, but when it isn't coupled with knowledge it amounts to not much.

PangQuan
06-06-2006, 11:38 AM
if only Slayer were as Good as Steven Seagal (sp?)

i hate you.

SevenStar
06-06-2006, 11:59 AM
dude!! what the fu(K?!

yeah, that kinda weirded me out. So far, so good though. we'll see what happens on my night job tonight.

Shaolinlueb
06-06-2006, 12:01 PM
anyone get zombie reports yet? none here. lots of road blocks up in the city i work in for some reason.

David Jamieson
06-06-2006, 12:23 PM
i hate you.

:p

I love you. In an apocolyptic devlish zombie kind of way, but tehreyou have it. and I hardly even know you.

but seriously, slayer? dude, that band pu the "ey!" in Ghey. :D

PangQuan
06-06-2006, 12:48 PM
haha.

i thought they put the gh in there.

i want to see steven seagal in that old celebrity death match show they used to have. vs. saaayyy.... jet li.

haha

a MA only celebrity death match.

neilhytholt
06-06-2006, 01:04 PM
Eventually, the world probably WILL end. What will happen is some scientist in some secret lab somewhere will go, "Hmmm ... what does this do?" If life on Earth is lucky it will just be something much bigger than an H-bomb and spreads a ton of dust and debris, causing the next ice age. If life on Earth is not so lucky it will decimate everything.

You know, with the N-bomb, a lot of people weren't sure what it would do, if it would cause some chain reaction and destroy everything or if it would be a dud and not work at all. Yet they still went ahead and created it, and then used it.

What does that tell you about humans?

FuXnDajenariht
06-06-2006, 01:26 PM
yeah, that kinda weirded me out. So far, so good though. we'll see what happens on my night job tonight.

now im not the superstitious type but im creeped out for you. thats some coincidental ****, and im sure psychologists will have a rational explaination involving the minds influential semi-telepathic ability during REM involving beta waves and whatnot, a couple hundred years from now.......but i'd be checkin every priest an witchdoctor out from here to joi'sey.....

FuXnDajenariht
06-06-2006, 01:30 PM
lol....i could say we were very desperate during WW2 for a decisive attack neil.... with the extreme loss of life that had already occured but i know thats booolsheeeet. we mostly jus' wanted a big fu(kin boom to brag about.

Dim Wit Mak
06-06-2006, 04:25 PM
Only 7 1/2 more hours before the end. Enjoy life while you still can. :)

FuXnDajenariht
06-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Real Meaning of '666': Not What You Think

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/whatsnew/default.jsp?story=20060605-1332

The Biblical reference to the number "666," which just so happens to be the date June 6, 2006 (06-06-06), is not an indication of the apocalypse or Satan as popular culture contends. Instead, it's a numeric code for a feared Roman Emperor, according to Greg Snyder, an associate professor of religion at Davidson College, who teaches classes on early Christian life and literature. Among these courses is one titled "The Book of Revelation and the Apocalyptic Imagination."

Revelation 13:18 ascribes the number "666" to the beast that rises from the sea and says it is also "the number of a man." Since the second century, the number and identity of the malevolent, apocalyptic figure it supposedly identifies has been the focus of endless speculation. Low-church Protestants with an apocalyptic streak favor explanations that identify 666 with the Pope. However, Snyder insists that the best explanation comes from the ancient practice of "gematria," or number mysticism. Gematria assigns numerical significance to letters of the alphabet, e.g., a=1, b=2, c=3 and so on. This can be carried out in any phonetic language, and from the ancient world, there are examples in Greek, Latin and in Hebrew. If you transliterate the phrase "Nero Caesar" into Hebrew characters and assign numerical values those characters based on the rules of gematria, the sum turns out to be 666.

So in the Book of Revelation, the number probably refers to the nasty ruler responsible for a vicious, but short-lived, persecution of Christians in the city of Rome in the years A.D. 64 to 65. The belief that a re-animated Nero would come back from the dead is attested in other ancient literature. As such, "666" refers to something in the past, not in the future. But the number, like the ultimate villain to which it supposedly refers, has taken on a life of its own.

FuXnDajenariht
06-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Sign From Heaven? Meteor Changed History

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/package.jsp?name=fte/meteorchangedhistory/meteorchangedhistory&floc=wn-ns

A team of Swedish geologists has found what it believes is the crater made by a meteor that streaked across the sky and crashed into the Earth in 312 AD. If they're right--and carbon dating has already backed them up on it--this is a meteor whose presence may have changed the history of the world, asserts the BBC News Online.

The scene: Central Italy in the year 312 AD.
The main character: Constantine, who was preparing to invade Italy in a battle with Maximinus Daia for control of Rome.
The plot: A celestial vision that changed history.

Before the battle, Constantine looked heavenward and saw a blazing light streaking through the sky. He interpreted the shocking sight to mean only one thing: It was a message from the Christian God, a kind of celestial vision. Constantine immediately converted to Christianity. He ordered his soldiers to paint the "Chi-Ro" symbol of Christ on their shields.

Eusebius, who was one of the Christian Church's early historians, wrote about the conversion of Constantine. He described the vision as a "most marvelous sign" and "a trophy of a cross of light in the heavens above the Sun, and bearing the inscription 'conquer by this.'"

The battle for Rome was very lopsided. Maximinus' troops defending the city were four times as strong in number as Constantine's troops. But Constantine was the victor, and he became the Roman emperor. He ordered that persecution of Christians cease and gave Christianity official status--a big boost for a fledgling religion.

Fast forward to 2003: The Swedish geologists, led by Jens Ormo, located the crater that they say was formed by the impact of a meteor as it slammed into the Earth. Radiocarbon dating places it around the year 312 AD.

Ormo speculates that Constantine's celestial vision was actually that meteor. Such meteors occur only once every few thousand years, but Constantine had no way of knowing this. Ormo told the BBC News that the meteor would have smashed into the Earth with the force of a small nuclear bomb and would have been accompanied by a mushroom cloud and shockwaves.

And here is where the BBC News ponders this fascinating question: What if the meteor hadn't streaked through the sky above Italy on that day just before that decisive battle?

~Constantine might have lost the battle without the divine inspiration he used to his advantage to become the victor.
If
~Constantine did not become emperor, Christianity would not have received state patronage.
~The establishment of the papacy in Rome may never ever happened.

SevenStar
06-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Real Meaning of '666': Not What You Think

http://channels.isp.netscape.com/whatsnew/default.jsp?story=20060605-1332

The Biblical reference to the number "666," which just so happens to be the date June 6, 2006 (06-06-06), is not an indication of the apocalypse or Satan as popular culture contends. Instead, it's a numeric code for a feared Roman Emperor, according to Greg Snyder, an associate professor of religion at Davidson College, who teaches classes on early Christian life and literature. Among these courses is one titled "The Book of Revelation and the Apocalyptic Imagination."

I remember reading a few years ago that 666 was a numerological symbol for the hated ruler Nero. Dunno how true it is though.

Revelation 13:18 ascribes the number "666" to the beast that rises from the sea and says it is also "the number of a man."

Now, if we want to be biblical...

this man is the anti christ. notice there are three sixes. the three represents the holy trinity of the father, the son and the holy ghost. satan was unable to tempt Jesus and make him bow down. His three is a representation of his attempt to create his own trinity, since he could not have that which he wanted - his three are the devil, the antichrist and the false prophet. the number seven is used a lot in reference to God - the 7 churches, the 7 angels, 7 trumpets, 7 seals... six is a smaller number than seven, signifying that the devil is lesser than God.

Since the second century, the number and identity of the malevolent, apocalyptic figure it supposedly identifies has been the focus of endless speculation. Low-church Protestants with an apocalyptic streak favor explanations that identify 666 with the Pope. However, Snyder insists that the best explanation comes from the ancient practice of "gematria," or number mysticism. Gematria assigns numerical significance to letters of the alphabet, e.g., a=1, b=2, c=3 and so on. This can be carried out in any phonetic language, and from the ancient world, there are examples in Greek, Latin and in Hebrew. If you transliterate the phrase "Nero Caesar" into Hebrew characters and assign numerical values those characters based on the rules of gematria, the sum turns out to be 666.

lol, guess I shoulda read your whole post first. yeah, this is what I read concerning nero.

So in the Book of Revelation, the number probably refers to the nasty ruler responsible for a vicious, but short-lived, persecution of Christians in the city of Rome in the years A.D. 64 to 65. The belief that a re-animated Nero would come back from the dead is attested in other ancient literature. As such, "666" refers to something in the past, not in the future. But the number, like the ultimate villain to which it supposedly refers, has taken on a life of its own.[/QUOTE]

I dunno if it's that simple though... that only explains away the three -6 portion of the beast. what about it's seven heads and 10 horns? what does that pertain to? The followers of the beast all also will be marked with 666 on either their arm or forehead. Did nero brand people?

SevenStar
06-07-2006, 11:05 AM
I told you about the freakiness with my kids. Well, last night I was heading to pick one of them up from daycare when I see a truck in the opposite lane (we were on a two lane street) swerving within its lane, like the driver was either drunk or sleep. When the truck got about 50 feet away from me, it swerved into my lane, as if it was gonna hit me head on. I swerved out of the way and then the truck went back into its lane, still swerving, but within his lane.

at work, I talked to this bum. no different than normal at first - they always roam around, trying to beg drunk tourists for money. They offer to walk them to their cars, throws their trash away, dance for them, etc. for some change - usually so they can go score another hit - but some of them actually need it for food or for the local shelter. Anyway, I'm talking to this one and he asks me for some change. I tell him no and he brushed it off. I noticed some shady looking guys and he asked me if I noticed them, as apparently he noticed them too. He said, "guys like us, we pick up on things - quick. you are a different breed. you are a warrior... you are a demon."

Ordinarily, I wouldn't have thought twice about it, but all this crap happened around 6/6/06, then a guy calls me a demon...

FuXnDajenariht
06-07-2006, 01:37 PM
lmfao!!! aww man thats sweet dude. you are the chosen one... lol i guess if drugs fried my brain some 6 foot sumthin black dude would look like a demon to me too... but thats still sweet like bear meat tho.

but that thing with the truck is some final destination ****.

Asia
06-07-2006, 02:05 PM
I wanted to choke pple yesterday about the 6-6-6 thing. I kept telling them that they have NOTHING to fear because it was 6-6-06! And if the world was going to end wouldn't it have happened in when it was actually 6-6-6:confused:

he Biblical reference to the number "666," which just so happens to be the date June 6, 2006 (06-06-06)
The acutal date is 6-6-2006 which is why I find the whole drama on it annoying. The actual dat of June 6, 6 would have been 6-6-6 (or 06-06-06 if you need to put a 0 in the tens space)

GeneChing
06-07-2006, 02:10 PM
Steven Seagal is not the antichrist. The antichrist is a better guitarist.

I blew off the interview with him because he wanted to do it after the show. It was already past midnight and that took the 6-6-6 fun out of it. Besides, I'm still sick and I need my beauty rest. Mr. Seagal's press agent seemed very confused by my rejecting the offer. :cool:

jethro
06-07-2006, 05:39 PM
come on, ya didn't even rip me for being a day off. Well my rebuttle(even though ya didn't notice) is that I was calling for the demons early. I was already planning the war. You had me psyched man. :p

Shaolinlueb
06-07-2006, 05:43 PM
i wanted zombies :(

Li Kao
06-08-2006, 12:29 AM
Gene,

Of course the antichrist *has* to be a better guitarist than Steven Seagal -- I mean, you saw Crossroads, where the Devil's guitarist was Steve Vai. Then again, Ralph Macchio beat the Devil's guitarist in a "cuttin' heads" guitar showdown in that movie -- maybe Ralph Macchio is the Antichrist?

David Jamieson
06-08-2006, 06:41 AM
Gene,

Of course the antichrist *has* to be a better guitarist than Steven Seagal -- I mean, you saw Crossroads, where the Devil's guitarist was Steve Vai. Then again, Ralph Macchio beat the Devil's guitarist in a "cuttin' heads" guitar showdown in that movie -- maybe Ralph Macchio is the Antichrist?

im pretty sure ralph didn't play a single note in that little duel with vai.

as far as I know, It was vai playing both sides.

in which case, it's vais teacher satriani that has a name that sounds like satan and also you can't see whta his hands are doing.

having said that, al dimeola prepared the way, and Chet Atkins was the first demon out the gate in this new era. Prior to that, It was paganini, mozart and Liszt (who wrote the mephisto waltz and this is still to this day one of the most high level difficulty pieces to play.

practically satanic.

anyway...no rapture eh? *looks up at sky* hmmmph, foolish humans.

Red Wind Fist
06-08-2006, 07:47 AM
hmmmm, I knew you'd find me. so yeah, I admit, I'm the anti-christ.:cool:
You know, you sound like a looney. It does not disturb me that it was 6 6 06 two days ago. I find the bible a great read. with what? christian's getting nailed to crosses, wars, hoylier than thou art type stuff, and that fairy tale they have at the end about dragons and stars and of course, my favorite person to talk about, the anti-christ. California....phhhfftttt. One giant health bar. Full of fruits, nuts, and flakes. :p

GeneChing
06-08-2006, 09:59 AM
The signs were right. I came home on 6/5/6, and my home was full of flies, just like in Amityville Horror. Our bosses, the Oh's, were just about to have their first grandkid. Man, if that kid was born on 6/6/6, that would have been just messed up (fortunately, it was 6/5/6 at 11:53 PM - close, so close...) Seagal had such potential. I'm glad I was there waiting, just in case.

SevenStar
06-08-2006, 10:46 AM
Steven Seagal is not the antichrist. The antichrist is a better guitarist.

I blew off the interview with him because he wanted to do it after the show. It was already past midnight and that took the 6-6-6 fun out of it. Besides, I'm still sick and I need my beauty rest. Mr. Seagal's press agent seemed very confused by my rejecting the offer. :cool:

he's playing here in like a week and a half. you wanna call his press guy and tell him you're gonna send me to interview him?

PangQuan
06-08-2006, 10:48 AM
supposing you interview seagal.

what would be the first question you pose to his magnificance?

SevenStar
06-08-2006, 12:34 PM
Considering the interview would be largely music related, my first question would be what made him decide to start a band, followed by asking how long he's been playing.

David Jamieson
06-08-2006, 12:40 PM
~G, don't throw hamburger meat in the trash and leave it there for three days. That's where your flies are coming from. lol

It's always 12 o'clock somewhere.

GeneChing
06-08-2006, 03:44 PM
SevenStar, do I want to subject you to that? Hmmm. It seems like a punishment and you haven't been *that* bad ;)

You'll find Seagal's press contact info here (http://www.stevenseagal.com/contact/press.shtml). If you fill out that email, you'll get an email back saying you filled it out and that's about it. If you call one of those numbers, you might get some action. That's what I did but they never contacted me back. As most of you know, I do some moonlighting in the music scene here, so I was working the show anyway as a favor to a friend (and I was curious, of course). Just as I was about to leave, the press agent found me and told me Mr. Seagal was willing to do the interview, but I was sick and tired, and after the concert, well, I just couldn't bring myself to be there any longer.

SevenStar, if you honestly want to pursue this, IM me and we'll see what we can do.

BoulderDawg
06-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Hel Satan is cool!

He's got that big red cape and a big trident that he carries around with him. He's also got that prince of darkness thing going for him!:D

Banjos_dad
06-09-2006, 02:14 AM
im pretty sure ralph didn't play a single note in that little duel with vai.

as far as I know, It was vai playing both sides.

close, but it was: Vai vs Ry Cooder. (the Chairman Mao of slide guitar.)

SevenStar
06-13-2006, 09:21 AM
I emailed you, gene.

maybe he IS the antichrist - he has the skill to be, at least in these clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7aauJuQHY&search=Segal

David Jamieson
06-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Sign From Heaven? Meteor Changed History

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/news/package.jsp?name=fte/meteorchangedhistory/meteorchangedhistory&floc=wn-ns

A team of Swedish geologists has found what it believes is the crater made by a meteor that streaked across the sky and crashed into the Earth in 312 AD. If they're right--and carbon dating has already backed them up on it--this is a meteor whose presence may have changed the history of the world, asserts the BBC News Online.

The scene: Central Italy in the year 312 AD.
The main character: Constantine, who was preparing to invade Italy in a battle with Maximinus Daia for control of Rome.
The plot: A celestial vision that changed history.

Before the battle, Constantine looked heavenward and saw a blazing light streaking through the sky. He interpreted the shocking sight to mean only one thing: It was a message from the Christian God, a kind of celestial vision. Constantine immediately converted to Christianity. He ordered his soldiers to paint the "Chi-Ro" symbol of Christ on their shields.

Eusebius, who was one of the Christian Church's early historians, wrote about the conversion of Constantine. He described the vision as a "most marvelous sign" and "a trophy of a cross of light in the heavens above the Sun, and bearing the inscription 'conquer by this.'"

The battle for Rome was very lopsided. Maximinus' troops defending the city were four times as strong in number as Constantine's troops. But Constantine was the victor, and he became the Roman emperor. He ordered that persecution of Christians cease and gave Christianity official status--a big boost for a fledgling religion.

Fast forward to 2003: The Swedish geologists, led by Jens Ormo, located the crater that they say was formed by the impact of a meteor as it slammed into the Earth. Radiocarbon dating places it around the year 312 AD.

Ormo speculates that Constantine's celestial vision was actually that meteor. Such meteors occur only once every few thousand years, but Constantine had no way of knowing this. Ormo told the BBC News that the meteor would have smashed into the Earth with the force of a small nuclear bomb and would have been accompanied by a mushroom cloud and shockwaves.

And here is where the BBC News ponders this fascinating question: What if the meteor hadn't streaked through the sky above Italy on that day just before that decisive battle?

~Constantine might have lost the battle without the divine inspiration he used to his advantage to become the victor.
If
~Constantine did not become emperor, Christianity would not have received state patronage.
~The establishment of the papacy in Rome may never ever happened.

wow talk about mixing small truths with heaping helpings of bullsh1t! lol

The last thing Constantine wanted to be was Christian. He was a pagan to the end and was converted against his will to christianity. Any religious historian worth a cup of tea nad a bagel could tell you that. THta sounds like some fundamentalist christian paplore.

Constantine used christianity as a political tool to maintain control of teh roamn empire, that is all he used it for. His god was the sun.

GeneChing
06-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Make no mistake, Seagal is a big dude. Note that he's a good head taller than most of his opponents in that footage above. Just the right height for easy clothesline access. It's always challenging when a big guy gets a handle on a soft art. I'm sure in his day, he was quite formidable.

David Jamieson
06-13-2006, 09:41 AM
well, he's probably formiddable now to the types of people he surrounds himself with. lol

He's always been an example of size makes a difference.

I can cut through a pile of midgets too. :p
Even more so with choreographed movie fu!

But yeah, despite his outward ridiculousness, I suppose he has had access to some great stuff.

jethro
06-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Seagal has certainly got that move down pat. But more importantly, good stuntmen always help to make a good action scene:p

SevenStar
06-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Gene didn't come through for me ;) but I know he's a busy guy. However, last night at work, the bass player (who is badass) for the band we have on the weekend showed up. He hasn't been around for a few weeks, so I asked him what was going on. He said "I'm still with the band, but I'm touring with steve seagal till july..." I was like "****, maybe this is a sign that I need to learn guitar and dedicate my life to aikido..." I talked to him and he told me that he would hook the interview up today if I came by during the sound check.

GeneChing
06-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I can send but I can't receive. I *did* send you an email yesterday. I guess you didn't receive it. I'll try copy it to my PM. Sorry about that. I'm freaking out without my email because I do a lot of work there. It'll take me a minute to do the transfer.

GeneChing
07-15-2014, 09:11 AM
Steven Seagal to perform in Estonia before heading to Crimea (http://www.baltictimes.com/news/articles/35145/#.U8VR7yiIBrI)
Jul 15, 2014
From wire reports, TALLINN

http://www.baltictimes.com/photos/747/35145.jpg

Legendary actor and musician Steven Seagal is set to perform in Estonia next month before heading down to Crimea to do the same.

Seagal, 63, will perform at the Augustibluus festival in Haapsalu on Saturday, August 2 alongside his blues band, delfi.ee reports.

The actor stirred controversy earlier this year after supporting Putin during the annexation of Crimea. Now, Seagal is set to perform in Sevastopol, Crimea at the International Bike Show on August 8-9. It's reported Seagal will sing one of the songs of the Donetsk People's Republic during the festival.

Watch the promotion for Seagal's music here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VIaYxfuUeA
Couldn't resist some thread necromancy for this one.

GeneChing
08-01-2016, 08:55 AM
This is so random, but it made me flashback to this here thread. ;)

'666' Has Nothing To Do With Satan In China [Lost In Translation] (http://technode.com/2016/07/30/666-has-nothing-to-do-with-satan-lost-translation/)
Jul 30, 2016 Eva Xiao

Numbers are tricky things in Chinese. If you’re not careful, you might unintentionally invoke death and misfortune, all because you used the number four (sì), a ****phone for the word “death” (sĭ).

The Chinese language is rich in ****phones, which makes it easy to turn numbers into proxies for words and phrases, like 88 (bābā) or ‘bye-bye.’ That explains why 666 (liùliùliù) refers to the Chinese word for smooth or skilled (溜, liù) instead of the devil.

From League of Legends To Livestreaming

According to Baidu, Chinese League of Legends gamers were the first use the number 6 to express awe and respect for good gameplay. At first, this took place in League of Legends’ chat feed, but now it’s not uncommon to see 666 on livestreaming platforms, which overlay text from chat feeds onto the screen.

With thousands of viewers in one livestreaming ‘room’, throwing a bunch of 6’s across the screen can be a way to applaud in a virtual setting:

http://technode.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/CmLlSDYUgAA-Fkv-1024x574.jpg
Um…what am I watching again?

Also, in China, there are special hand gestures for numbers 1 to 10. The hand gesture for number 10, for example, is a closed fist. To physically express 666, Chinese people will sometimes shake their hand while it’s in the 6 position, where your pinky and thumb are out, like this guy:

http://technode.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/6865996dgw1eo1gyl3bpjg20aj08pb2a.gif

‘Lost In Translation’ is a weekly column that covers netizen-speak from China’s Interwebs. China’s internet slang is a fast-moving linguistic phenomenon and staying fresh has never been harder. Here, you’ll find new words or phrases every week with a breakdown of what they mean, how they’re used, and how they came to be.

Image credit: Shutterstock

Eva Xiao
Eva Xiao is a tech reporter based in Shanghai. Contact her at eva.xiao@technode.com or evawxiao (wechat & twitter).

GeneChing
09-05-2017, 08:48 AM
I get sent a lot of weird stuff. This one was particularly amusing because Astrology doesn't mesh with the Bible.

Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from these things that shall come upon thee. Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: there shall not be a coal to warm at, nor fire to sit before it.

Isaiah 47:13-14

I've always interpreted this passage to mean that Jews, Christians and Muslims that read horoscopes are hypocrites, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

Biblical Signs in the Sky? (http://www.vofoundation.org/blog/biblical-signs-sky-september-23-2017/) September 23, 2017
January 25, 2017 Christopher M. Graney
One day last fall I was working in my office when my desk phone rang. It was a reader of The Catholic Astronomer, calling me with a question. He asked why the Vatican Observatory blog was full of discussion on black holes or whatnot, when there was something much more momentous to talk about.

It turns out that the momentous thing to which my caller was referring was an arrangement of celestial bodies that will occur this year (2017) on September 23. On that date, according to various Internet sources, the heavens themselves will be a tableau of Revelation 12:

A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars. She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth.… She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod.

On September 23, 2017 the sun will be in the zodiac constellation Virgo—“a woman clothed with the sun”. The moon will be at the feet of Virgo—“with the moon under her feet”. The ‘nine’ stars of the zodiac constellation Leo, plus three planets (Mercury, Venus, and Mars), will be at the head of Virgo—“on her head a crown of twelve stars”. The planet Jupiter will be in the center of Virgo, and as the weeks pass after September 23 Jupiter will exit Virgo to the east, past her feet, so to speak—“She was with child and wailed aloud in pain as she labored to give birth”. Jupiter is the largest of the planets, the “king” of the planets, so to speak—“She gave birth to a son, a male child, destined to rule all the nations with an iron rod”. Must this not be a sign of something momentous, like the Internet sources say?

https://i0.wp.com/www.vofoundation.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SeptVirgo8.jpg?resize=1024%2C345
Results of a Google image search for September 23, 2017 and Revelation 12. Note that this and all images in this post can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Now, I know that the readers of this blog are diverse. People with interest in astronomy are a diverse group! And you all will have diverse reactions to this question. Some of you are probably saying right now, “what a bunch of nonsense!” Others of you may be thinking that my caller had a good point, and you would like to learn more. Fortunately, I am a community college professor! Community college people are the ‘A-Team’ of the academic world (as in B.A., Hannibal, and the crew from the T.V. show and the movie—who are tougher than anyone else and able to save the day using duct tape, PVC pipe, and a butane lighter). We thrive on diversity! No question phases us! We know that there are a lot of smart people out there who have not had much formal education in a topic like astronomy, and that interest in questions like this reflects a basic interest in astronomy combined with interest in religion and scripture. My caller was familiar with the Stellarium sky software. He could call up the skies of September 23, 2017 on Stellarium and see for himself that this celestial arrangement was a real thing. His was a reasonable question. Scientists need to be able to answer questions people have like this one, without treating the questions as nonsense, because the questions will not go away just because they are dismissed. And thus before long I was having a nice conversation with the caller, and I ended up telling him I would look into his question, and write a post on this topic. But I said it was unlikely to be the post he was looking for. He was OK with that.

And so, Mr. Caller:

https://i0.wp.com/www.vofoundation.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SeptVirgo1-2017.jpg?resize=1024%2C550
The constellation Virgo on September 23, 2017, according to the Stellarium sky software. The moon’s size is exaggerated for visibility.

https://i2.wp.com/www.vofoundation.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SeptVirgo1a.jpg?resize=1024%2C601
Green arrows show the “nine” stars of Leo. Blue arrows show the planets Mercury, Venus, and Mars. Red arrow is Jupiter. Violet arrow is the moon (shown enlarged). The sun is at Virgo’s shoulder.

First, in one year, thanks to the Earth’s annual orbit, the sun travels the entirety of the ecliptic, and thus passes through every one of the 12 constellations of the zodiac. The sun is in Virgo every September. Second, in one month the moon goes through its cycle of phases, and travels the entirety of the ecliptic, and thus passes through every constellation of the zodiac—all owed to the period of the moon’s orbit being one month. Therefore there is always a day or two every year when the sun is in Virgo and the moon is just to the east of Virgo (just past the “feet”). So, the celestial “woman clothed with the sun with the moon at her feet” is as common in September as is the U.S.’s Labor Day.

But what of the crown of twelve “stars,” comprised of three planets and the nine stars of Leo? The response to this question is another question—why nine stars in Leo? There are many more than nine stars in Leo. Those nine are just brighter ones that are often depicted as comprising the general outline or shape of the constellation. But in fact there are scads of stars in Leo and surrounding the “head” of Virgo.

https://i2.wp.com/www.vofoundation.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SeptVirgo2.jpg?resize=1024%2C576
There are many more than nine stars in the constellation Leo.

And not all depictions of Leo show those nine as its outline. Some show the outline of Leo as consisting of ten stars, for example. That would give Virgo a crown of thirteen stars here!
Continued next post

GeneChing
09-05-2017, 08:48 AM
https://i0.wp.com/www.vofoundation.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SeptVirgo7.jpg?resize=1024%2C323
Two depictions of Leo outlined with ten or eleven stars rather than nine. The depiction on the left is from an astronomy book for children; the depiction on the right is from an old National Geographic atlas.

And yes, multiple planets being at Virgo’s head while Jupiter is in Virgo’s center and the moon is at Virgo’s feet is somewhat unusual. But it is not that unusual. The period of Jupiter’s orbit is a little less than twelve years, and therefore Jupiter will be in Virgo (with the sun there, too, and the moon at the feet) once every eleven or twelve years.

So the sun in Virgo, the moon at Virgo’s “feet”, and Jupiter in the constellation are regular occurrences. This leaves the planets at the “head” (the number depending on the number of stars granted to Leo) as the determining factor in making a “momentous” celestial arrangement. Indeed, while various Internet sources speak of the specific celestial arrangement here as being “unique in human history” or “once in 7000 years”, in fact it is not unique to September 23, 2017. This basic arrangement happened before—in September 1827, in September 1483, in September 1293, and in September 1056. These are all shown at the end of this post. I only searched back one thousand years, from 2017 to 1017—there are undoubtedly other examples outside of that time period, and probably a couple examples that I missed within that time period.

No doubt someone could go diving into the history books to scrounge up some events from 1827, 1483, 1293, and 1056 that the September skies of those years supposedly foretold. That’s the way it is with astrology. A person reads his or her daily horoscope and finds that it says “obstacles will be placed in your path today.” Then, that person picks those instances of getting stuck in traffic, or in a long line at the grocery store, or wherever, and says “hey, that horoscope was right,” when of course we all encounter such things every day.

It is true that astrology—reading the heavens for signs—is something astronomers used to believe was valid (or, my guess is that many of them pretended to believe it was valid, because it paid the bills). But astrology has been found to have no more scientific basis than Harry Potter’s wand. It doesn’t work (something that does not seem to hinder its popularity). If astrology had anything going for it, astronomers would not need to go begging for money to fund astronomical research. We could just use our astronomical knowledge to divine which way the stock market was going, invest accordingly, become “astronomically” wealthy, and fund astronomical research from our surplus. As it is, watching the heavens for signs of what is to come is a waste of time. And it is doubly a waste of time because “signs in the sky” appeal, for some reason, to all sorts of people out there—all of whom can use Stellarium to find this or that momentous “sign” signifying whatever they want to signify.

And that is why astronomers ignore the seemingly momentous celestial arrangement of September 23, 2017, and talk instead about black holes or whatnot.

https://i2.wp.com/www.vofoundation.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SeptVirgo3-1827.jpg?resize=1024%2C584
The constellation Virgo on September 24, 1827, according to Stellarium. In this and the images below, the moon’s size is exaggerated for visibility.

https://i1.wp.com/www.vofoundation.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SeptVirgo4-1483.jpg?resize=1024%2C622
The constellation Virgo on September 6, 1483.

https://i1.wp.com/www.vofoundation.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SeptVirgo5-1293.jpg?resize=1024%2C556
The constellation Virgo on September 5, 1293.

https://i2.wp.com/www.vofoundation.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SeptVirgo6-1056-VenusRegClose.jpg?resize=1024%2C647
The constellation Virgo on September 14, 1056. Venus and the star Regulus in Leo are very close to one another.

Nevertheless, come Sep 23, it might be prudent to dust off your tinfoil hats. ;)

Zodiac (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?40462-Chinese-Zodiac) & 6-6-6 (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?41575-6-6-6)