PDA

View Full Version : kickboxer's tears

jethro
05-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Has anybody seen this.

Alright, I am a pretty big legfighter fan, and I bought this cause I love billy chow. I was just hoping he was in 1 fight. And I expected it to be like a 2 minute one like escape from brothel(luckily I paid nothing for that movie) but he has like 5 fights. They are all good and the I remember 3 in particuliar that were spectacular. And the kickboxing matches are the most realistic I have ever seen in a movie. The rounds actually last like 5 minutes. And with ken lo, billy chow, and moon lee, prepare to be amazed with the legwork. Also---

please don't tell me the ending(not like it would really matter), cause I had to get to work right before moon lee and another TOUGH chick have the final fight. I may have to leave right now, so bye if I get fired:p

Jimbo
05-27-2006, 04:16 PM
I think the kickboxing bout scene between Ken Lo and Billy Chow was probably just them doing some free-sparring. It seemed only loosely choreographed, as it was quite long and looked really natural. I would guess that Billy Chow was probably actually holding back, as Ken Lo's character was supposed to be getting the upper hand. I'm not sure about Ken Lo, beyond his work onscreen, but I know that Billy Chow was a highly-ranked kickboxer in the now-defunct WKA (World Karate Association), along with other well-known real-life fighters like Benny Urquidez, Don Wilson, etc.

By the way, at the end, Moon Lee..:D Oops, almost spoiled it fer ya!

jethro
05-27-2006, 05:12 PM
I love this movie. First fight of the movie got better as it went along, but did seem "loose". But then chow would come with like 6 super fast kicks. That guy is truly scary. I liked the realism.. The round didn't last like 1 minute and just show you a few close up hits. I really liked the way they did it. Overall story wise I would consider it a but better(funnier??) than kickboxer(JCVDam). :(

But the fights :D :D :D Billy chow eating at a table and moon busts in and wails on him:eek: :eek: :eek: then the other woman steps in and fights moon:eek: . Also chow vs. lee underground match was good. Final fight was good.:D

And then did you see a fat Jimmy Lee get a kick in a great finale?;)