PDA

View Full Version : How to fight

cybermantis
05-23-2006, 02:53 PM
If anyone was to choose a style to learn that was designed strictly for the bodyguard, or street fighter and was able to use what he learned in the shortest time possible, only because I live in a poverty stricken neighborhood where gangs and crime are not uncommon. which would he say is the most aggressive where a person can do some damage? keep in mind that my learning time would probably be about 1 day a week but my training time could very possibly be daily?

Baji Chuan

San Shou

Shuai Chiao

Piqua Chuan

Bagua Chun

Praying Mantis

Eagle Claw

Long Fist

Hsing Yi

MyDrills
05-23-2006, 08:57 PM
the best i can suggest is natural style boxing or zi ran men.

but it depends on how fast u can learn.

Liokault
05-24-2006, 04:44 AM
The question is flawed in so many ways.

SanSoo Student
05-24-2006, 08:58 AM
All those martial arts will take time and I must say good studio time is usually 2-3 times a week, and daily practice should be atleast a hour daily. Choosing Kung-Fu for the sole purpose of learning it to street fight reminds me of the intro to "Prodigal Son" (great movie, check it out).

My recommendations would be Muay Thai, or some BJJ w/ shootfighting...basically MMA would help you more in terms of speeding it up. They just focus more on beating the crap out of each other.

Those styles you mentioned above are either the basics of Kung Fu (e.g. Long Fist, Shuai Chiao,etc.) or arts that focus ALOT on internal development (e.g. Hsing Yi, Baji, etc.). Kung Fu are more lifestyle improvement systems, eventually while in Kung Fu you learn to calm down.

Cobra Commander
05-24-2006, 05:46 PM
All those martial arts will take time and I must say good studio time is usually 2-3 times a week, and daily practice should be atleast a hour daily. Choosing Kung-Fu for the sole purpose of learning it to street fight reminds me of the intro to "Prodigal Son" (great movie, check it out).

My recommendations would be Muay Thai, or some BJJ w/ shootfighting...basically MMA would help you more in terms of speeding it up. They just focus more on beating the crap out of each other.

Those styles you mentioned above are either the basics of Kung Fu (e.g. Long Fist, Shuai Chiao,etc.) or arts that focus ALOT on internal development (e.g. Hsing Yi, Baji, etc.). Kung Fu are more lifestyle improvement systems, eventually while in Kung Fu you learn to calm down.

Don't forget some places in the world have people training all day from 5AM to 4Pm or so. Like some Muay Thai training camps in Thailand or schools in certain parts of Asia. And I hear the teachers/Sifu's can hit you if you are not a good student :eek: with bamboo sticks!