PDA

View Full Version : Yee je kim yung mah

sifu33
05-24-2006, 02:44 AM
Well my first post, and i apologise if it covers old ground, but i spent years training in wing chun, i find now, that there are huge gaps in what i know. for instance the yee je stance has only ever been about feet positioning for me. clearly, this is incorrect. Now, what i am trying to establish is this. Does the stance use an adduction in the thighs/knees and the pelvis pushed forward. or is it about correct alignment thro the head, neck, spine, legs and ground for proper grounding. I find that i am grounded fairly well, simply thro years of training but against someone who has trained for a few months correctly, i feel i would be lacking thro poor knowledge of the basics.

Matrix
05-24-2006, 06:01 AM
Does the stance use an adduction in the thighs/knees and the pelvis pushed forward..Yes, and Yes with respect to alignment of head, neck and spine.

edit...
I really think you need to see someone one-on-one about this.
Find a sifu who you can learn from. You seem to have a good idea as to what is missing from your past training - that's a good thing. No point in spending more time experimenting when there are people who have the expertise.